Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Mastery is now a lot better than haste, with the current patch notes?

# Flashburn (Mastery) benefit per mastery has been increased by 12%.

- On the other hand, we can now throw a lot more fireballs, making haste more attractive on the long run?

E: It seems that there's a post about it already.

ANOTHER QUESTION THOUGH!
    Theralion's Mirror > Bell of Resonance me thinks nao
    Last edited by mmoc3873951f6b; 2011-01-12 at 04:08 PM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont see how it can be soo much better now... 12% increase means that Flashburn now increase dots by 22,4% instead of 20%...

The problem remains the same, you need to crit to dot...

We've killed a boss in a heroic yesterday, i didnt event hit 10k dps because i got 1 single Pyro proc.. i was force to pop my combusion in the air...

I hope blizz will do someting about it, they should increase the crit chance of impact by 100%, so if we get a fireball crit and we have impact up, we could decide when we want our second crit...and Hot streaks proc!
    Chillyo
    Mage
    US - Kargath

Deleted
    I've got 28,25% crit selfbuffed.

If you ask me, our crit and hot streaks are fine - what we do need though, is an Ignite that wont go off, unless a higher ignite is created.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxiliadora View Post
    I've got 28,25% crit selfbuffed.

If you ask me, our crit and hot streaks are fine - what we do need though, is an Ignite that wont go off, unless a higher ignite is created.
    Armory link to 28.25% crit self buffed? I consider myself well geared and I sit just under 26%. Unless you are considering scorch/glyphs.

Deleted
    Mastery after haste at 516 obvcourse is better anyway, as you dont benefit form any more ticks, just faster casts which drain your mana fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheifmaster View Post
    Mastery after haste at 516 obvcourse is better anyway, as you dont benefit form any more ticks, just faster casts which drain your mana fast.
    This is wrong. More casts = more damage.

The real question at hand is, is faster cast time , while ignoring extra ticks, more damage than the increase from mastery.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlaria View Post
    Armory link to 28.25% crit self buffed? I consider myself well geared and I sit just under 26%. Unless you are considering scorch/glyphs.
    eu*battle*net/wow/en/character/hellscream/auxiliadora/advanced

mage is fine...

sooner we will get more crit so dont think about that.

45-50% crit on fireball cast raidbuffed is a realistic stat now. so dont care: t12 it will be 50-55.. t13 55-60

i m always doing 16-20k+ in raids (variance of course because of ignite /Combustion etc. luck)

@topic:

this patch is just a little buff for us:

mastery is still better than haste after softcap but not better than crit, spell or int

Quote Originally Posted by Parabolica View Post
    mage is fine...

sooner we will get more crit so dont think about that.

45-50% crit on fireball cast raidbuffed is a realistic stat now. so dont care: t12 it will be 50-55.. t13 55-60

i m always doing 16-20k+ in raids (variance of course because of ignite /Combustion etc. luck)

@topic:

this patch is just a little buff for us:

mastery is still better than haste after softcap but not better than crit, spell or int
    "Mage" is not fine. "Mage" is more then just one spec. Two of our specs are a joke in PVE, one is arguably the worst spec in the game from any class, it has no redeeming qualities, not even leveling.

For Fire to even be viable we need a bug from Pyromaniac. Why do you think Blizzard hasn't fixed it yet? Imagine we lost that 5 percent permanent haste, our dps would drop even more then it is. We aren't even a top 5 median DPS. www.stateofdps.com

Lets not forget all the other bugs, such as the one with Fireorb, that also hurts Fire's DPS.

I am sorry, but if a class has to wait to be in Heroic gear or T12 to be viable then they need some fundamental changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    "Mage" is not fine. "Mage" is more then just one spec. Two of our specs are a joke in PVE, one is arguably the worst spec in the game from any class, it has no redeeming qualities, not even leveling.

For Fire to even be viable we need a bug from Pyromaniac. Why do you think Blizzard hasn't fixed it yet? Imagine we lost that 5 percent permanent haste, our dps would drop even more then it is. We aren't even a top 5 median DPS. www.stateofdps.com

Lets not forget all the other bugs, such as the one with Fireorb, that also hurts Fire's DPS.

I am sorry, but if a class has to wait to be in Heroic gear or T12 to be viable then they need some fundamental changes.
    They hotfixed the pyromaniac bug it seems.

Fire just needs an over-all damage buff, or something to reduce the fact our dps relies on our 'luck'. But I suppose untill arcane or frost is a bit more viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Aheon View Post
    Fire just needs an over-all damage buff, or something to reduce the fact our dps relies on our 'luck'. But I suppose untill arcane or frost is a bit more viable.
    The "randomness" of fire is a function of crit. Once you gear up more, you will be more consistent. The issue is one such that, if they buff fire to do X damage in this tier. Next tier, when we gain lets say 10% more crit we will be THAT much better because of how we scale.

On that note. Fire AoE sucks. Make LB have no cap! I'm only doing 100k on halfus heroic QQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlaria View Post
    The "randomness" of fire is a function of crit. Once you gear up more, you will be more consistent. The issue is one such that, if they buff fire to do X damage in this tier. Next tier, when we gain lets say 10% more crit we will be THAT much better because of how we scale.

On that note. Fire AoE sucks. Make LB have no cap! I'm only doing 100k on halfus heroic QQ.
    Only 100k? We should be shooting monkeys out of our hands as well! Also, I know. I have gear that has upped my DPS. I'm saying, for those in lower level, it's probably not as fun.

Once we get further into tier, it'll be better than it is. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Aheon View Post
    Only 100k? We should be shooting monkeys out of our hands as well! Also, I know. I have gear that has upped my DPS. I'm saying, for those in lower level, it's probably not as fun.

Once we get further into tier, it'll be better than it is. >.>
    I think I peaked at 160k tonight. But it's so RNG dependent it's frustrating =(

It has pretty much always been this way with fire since i started raiding at the beginning of BC. Fire is weaker early-xpac, and powerful late-xpac. In BC my guild was clearing BT (sadly not sunwell) and in wrath we got all but H Lich King in ICC, and my dps competed for top 3 in our 25mans. at the start of each xpac, i was around #12-13 until I pulled my gear up. That is the nature of how fire scales. Endure it. We'll be there soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Summerisle411 View Post
    It has pretty much always been this way with fire since i started raiding at the beginning of BC. Fire is weaker early-xpac, and powerful late-xpac. In BC my guild was clearing BT (sadly not sunwell) and in wrath we got all but H Lich King in ICC, and my dps competed for top 3 in our 25mans. at the start of each xpac, i was around #12-13 until I pulled my gear up. That is the nature of how fire scales. Endure it. We'll be there soon.
    This is garbage. A spec should not require a certain level of gear to be effective; to accept this or say its OK means we are giving Blizzard a green light to require a certain level of gear for a talent tree to work to its potential. This is as silly as specs that start powerful and ends crippled by the end of an expansion; Blizzard needs to do better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aildrik View Post
    This is garbage. A spec should not require a certain level of gear to be effective; to accept this or say its OK means we are giving Blizzard a green light to require a certain level of gear for a talent tree to work to its potential. This is as silly as specs that start powerful and ends crippled by the end of an expansion; Blizzard needs to do better than that.
    So you want people to be awesome all the way through? What is the point of getting gear if abilities or specs will not shine under given conditions. Fire has ALWAYS been about crit. Rogues Seal fate is also crit dependent. Needing crit to do well is just like needing hit to do well, except hit obviously caps out faster than crit, since reaching 100% crit is near impossible in most cases.

We play an RPG, RNG is expected. While it is annoying, it's part of it.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxiliadora View Post
    # Flashburn (Mastery) benefit per mastery has been increased by 12%.

- On the other hand, we can now throw a lot more fireballs, making haste more attractive on the long run?

E: It seems that there's a post about it already.

ANOTHER QUESTION THOUGH!
    Theralion's Mirror > Bell of Resonance me thinks nao

You do realize that master was already better then haste? ( excluding haste before the softcap, but let's be serious, 516 is a joke)

I have like 900+ and that's me reforging all my haste into other stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to the most recent simcraft results from the PTR, haste is actually slightly more valuable than mastery because it takes less mastery to get the same effect.