Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Joined a dumb levelling guild for the lolz... In guild chat this one guy was telling this other guy who was having account issues to call blizzard tech support.

"You should call Blizzard 1-800-59-BLIZZARD."
    "I can't do that."
    "Why not?"
    "My phone doesn't have letters on it, just numbers."
    From the remainder of the conversation I can say that the guy was too dumb to be trolling. But either way I laughed out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Bblubbs View Post
    Joined a dumb levelling guild for the lolz... In guild chat this one guy was telling this other guy who was having account issues to call blizzard tech support.

From the remainder of the conversation I can say that the guy was too dumb to be trolling. But either way I laughed out loud.
    You know half the world doesn use 'letters' in their phone number right? I also had a hard time calling blizzard because i thought i was supposed to call the numbers equivalent to B-L-I-Z-Z-A-R-D (2549973) so I was dialing 1-800-59-2549973 wich was wrong.. i had to google "making a phone call to US" and such just to figure it out
    Quote Originally Posted by Simbert
    You gain 4 additional girlfriends once you stop playing WoW. It is statistically proven that WoW equals 4 girlfriends. No one exactly know where they come from, but WoW is the only thing that prevents the world from being flooded with insane amounts of girls.

Actually, that is the sole reason we even play WoW. We simply could not stand all those girlfriends jumping at you at every corner of the street if we didn´t.

Deleted
    Guy was asking in guild chat today "anyone not foing anything atm?" so one or two of us are like "why?" to which we get no answer. Couple mins later I see him in trade chat saying "WTB Boost Stockades" -_-

Quote Originally Posted by darkbreaker View Post
    it seems you are implying that average means 50% and half of the players (50%) are below average... but that just doesn't makes sense.
    The average is the middle.
    Of all of the players in the world, 49.9% are above average and 49.9% are below average.
    An average where you can have 60% above average is an incorrect average because the average is no longer the middle value.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Of all of the players in the world, 49.9% are above average and 49.9% are below average.
    An average where you can have 60% above average is an incorrect average because the average is no longer the middle value.
    Imagine a raid of 100 (maybe its a city raid or something....) characters.
    60 of them have a Gearscore of 7000. 40 of them have a gear score of 6000
    Average = (40*6000+60*7000)/100
    Average = 6600
    So the average Gearscore of the raid is 6600. But 60 of the raiders (60%) have a gs HIGHER than 6600.

So Yes, it is possible to have greater than 50%+ above average in a group.

Depends if you're talking about the mean, median or mode.

If you were talking about the median, then yes, the average would be the middle.

However, using mean or mode as a mathmetical measure of averages does in no way guarante that the numerical value equal to the average will lie in the numerical middle of a group of data.
    Zhemak wrote:
    Hi, i'm a scientist, from the NASA. I can make science, so I tell you as a pro, Minecraft is not laggy.

Deleted
    It was in the official wow forums...in the Rogue section.
    Some human pala player asked which race was good for a rogue. His question was simple. Which race? no details.
    2-3 ally posters said that worgen look good but gnomes are better for racial etc...
    After those ally posters, an undead rogue replied with the most common yet intelligent post. He wrote that undead look sick as rogue and their racials make them beast.
    then some other ally players posted their views as the previous ally posters did.
    Then the human pala, aka the op, replied on a most retarded and stupid way.
    What he did? He bashed the undead rogue with the following : "LOL, horde gtfo, you are noob..." (something very close to this)
    The OP didn't wrote anything about whether he wanted horde or alliance.
    then I /popcorn and watched the human palla burn by the rest, whether ally or horde.

I mean, come on! If you don't write good posts with less to none lack of grammar and be as complete as you can, you fucking deserve to be flamed at if you reply with such a stupid post.

*based on true events, no names nor links shall be given due to the fact there's a chance the player might be in a mental care-center

Deleted
    Close but incorrect, 50% are below average and 50% above - you can never be exactly on the arithmetic mean because you can always measure to an additional decimal place and will fall either side of that.

Remember it this way "50% of people are below average intelligence" and you will amuse and annoy your friends.