Is random really so random?

I've gotten Vortex pinnacle at least 5 or 6 times yesterday alone. So far its about 80% I'll get it. And yes I did discover all the entrances

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe one of your teammate didnt discover all the entrance.

I wish I could get VP once in a while. I always get Tol'vir or Halls of Origination. I'd say its definitely random. I just think you got unlucky. I've had similar streaks happened to me back in WoTLK. I also never get any of the remade ones like Deadmines :[
    For relaxing times, make it Suntory time.

Depends if people are queueing specifically. I don't usually queue alone, but when I did in Wrath I got CoT almost every time, even multiple times per day. It's not really random.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".

You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_large_numbers

If you look at the distribution of all dungeons gotten by all groups queued for a random dungeon, I imagine it's evenly distributed.
    Speculaas of <The Forgiven>, Terenas-US

"Who do I belong to? Not earth, not world, not evil, not mortals, not wretches, not horrors.
    Who do I belong to? Unchanging, Unbreaking, Unfailing, Creator, Immortal, Eternal."
    * - "To Sand We Return", Project 86

Ironically I started a post about Tol'Vir being the dungeon I get in a lot. So it randomly chooses the dungeon that a person always sees I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    i always get Lost City and Blackrock Caves...
    >>> ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!! <<<

10+ Year Old Account
    in cata I have pretty much randoms, tho in wotlk I had Stratholme like 5x after each other =s other bosses killed, like 30, mal ganis like 60 xD

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Every heroic we have ran after a raid has been either Stonecore or BRC. I dont really think its so random, atleast doesnt feel like that. We are talking 10times + here.

10+ Year Old Account
    count your blessings with almost "free" volatile airs?

unless you are an alch / engineer...then you should already have as many as you need
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Yea I'm engie. It is nice but the place is getting old.

SFK seems to be the one they want to stick me with consistently so I feel your pain, I've only run Lost City and the underwater one twice in their whole existence in LFD and once in a guild group. I don't like particularly going just as heals since as a healer I typically get put into already running pugs.