Are they underperforming?

Hi!
    Yesterday my guild started raiding, we are a casual guild consisting of Irls but i would say that we are pretty decent.
    We killed Magmaw after 3-4 wipes and were happy with ourself, however the next 3 hours of the raid we were wiping on Omnitron. We simply could not get it to lower then 40 %.
    The healing just could not keep up. I think that the dps avoided everything that is possible to avoid as a dps and they all did around 12k dps.

I personally play a Holy Paladin and when i looked at the recount for our fights i saw that i did 40 % of the total healing and had a HPS of around 10 000 while the other two healers, Resto Shaman and Holy Priest had around 20 % and 5500 HPS, and still i am the one that oom last.

I would say we are about the same skill wise so my question is, are Holy Paladins outstanding atm or did my healing friends underperform?

HPaladins are outstanding. Same situation in mine 10m raiding team. (hpally, restosham, discpriest)
    Aldoraan Ret Pally since 2.4

Outland - love forever

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    On most raid fights, I, as a holy paladin, find myself healing about 11-12k HPS, including Omnitron.
    However, our resto shammys and priests (we don't have any resto druids), heal for a bit lower than I do (around 8-11k I'd say)

So, your resto shaman and holy priest are both underperforming.
    Yet, it's difficult to judge with no knowledge of your, or the other healers gear.
    Main & raiding character: Elchali, Holy Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Uniqed View Post
    Hi!
    Yesterday my guild started raiding, we are a casual guild consisting of Irls but i would say that we are pretty decent.
    We killed Magmaw after 3-4 wipes and were happy with ourself, however the next 3 hours of the raid we were wiping on Omnitron. We simply could not get it to lower then 40 %.
    The healing just could not keep up. I think that the dps avoided everything that is possible to avoid as a dps and they all did around 12k dps.

I personally play a Holy Paladin and when i looked at the recount for our fights i saw that i did 40 % of the total healing and had a HPS of around 10 000 while the other two healers, Resto Shaman and Holy Priest had around 20 % and 5500 HPS, and still i am the one that oom last.

I would say we are about the same skill wise so my question is, are Holy Paladins outstanding atm or did my healing friends underperform?
    Did you make sure Arcanatron's cast was always interrupted? It has a rather short cooldown so you need at least your tank tanking it and 1 dps always watching it. That spell knocks off 80% hp easily, more so if it has it's buff if someone decides to hit it during its shield (which someone should dispel / purge / spellsteal)

were any pets still attacking their 1st target while there shield was active that seemed to be my guild problem with the encounter eventually the healers couldnt keep the tank up

Thanks alot for your tips guys, every tip is very welcome.
    But on topic, would you say that the priest and shaman underperformes?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you couldn't keep up with damage then your raid wasn't avoiding all unnecessary damage. ODS is one of the few bosses that I can raid heal with Heal. Yep, the priest's efficient heal. I ended the last ODS with 1.5 million healing with the Heal spell. The next heal was Prayer of Healing, which did about 450k. I ended the fight with ~70k mana left.

Your priest and shaman may still be under-performing though.

We haven't downed Omnitron yet (only had first few attempts on it on Monday) however I think it would be safe in saying that your Shaman and priest are under performing

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...ses&boss=42166

That's the WoL's for our attempts and myself was pulling around 8.5k hps and in the 3 mins of the fight (Omnitron at around 50% hp) I was down to around 60% mana. If you use regen puddles correctly there should be no way you are running anywhere near oom during the fight.

Yes paladins are performing exceptionally well at the moment but other healers aren't that far behind at all.

I should also note that yes I am also saying that the resto druid we had on that run was also under-performing on our attempts!

Well I play a Hpal aswell our healing setup is a Resto sham/druid + me and we all pull at least 8k+ so Were they underperforming possibly not sure on your gear and stuff but gotta have your shaman drop mana tide when its up and then also MAKE SURE YOU STAND IN THE WHIRLPOOLS :P GL have fun All I can say is hmmm not sure

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    were any pets still attacking their 1st target while there shield was active that seemed to be my guild problem with the encounter eventually the healers couldnt keep the tank up
    I'm pretty sure I read that pet attacks won't take shield off anymore, it got fixed. But can't find you any source now :/

Quote Originally Posted by shadet View Post
    We haven't downed Omnitron yet (only had first few attempts on it on Monday) however I think it would be safe in saying that your Shaman and priest are under performing

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...ses&boss=42166

That's the WoL's for our attempts and myself was pulling around 8.5k hps and in the 3 mins of the fight (Omnitron at around 50% hp) I was down to around 60% mana. If you use regen puddles correctly there should be no way you are running anywhere near oom during the fight.

Yes paladins are performing exceptionally well at the moment but other healers aren't that far behind at all.

I should also note that yes I am also saying that the resto druid we had on that run was also under-performing on our attempts!
    Thanks for the log! After all the inputs that you guys have given me i think i can say that they can do better.

15+ Year Old Account
    While I would agree they could be underperforming, we were having similar issues last week when I did it and what ended up solving the issue for us was to keep myself and the enhance shaman on arcanitron at all times he was up, even during shield phase, to stop him from getting any casts off. Without his casting, the raid damage is quite minimal and easily healable through.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uniqed View Post
    Hi!

I would say underperforming most definitely. I see all the healers on that fight staying at around the same hps.

Make sure you guys are sitting in every single whirlpool that Arcanotron leaves behind. They regen your mana.

Whirlpools for the healers is the most important part of this fight. Especially for non-pallies are they mana regeneration makes the fight 500% easier.

I'd say make sure they are in the pools and also get a interupter on the Arcane bolts. All raid damaged that is minimised is the biggest thing about this fight. You could do this with dps pulling under 10k and still manage as long as your healers are good.

I cannot agree, our Holy Priest is ALWAYS topping the meters. While me(resto/druid) and Holy paladin are struggling around 3k hps below him. In a healing intensive fight we normally find the priest around 14 khps and the two of us around 11k. We downed Chimaeron yesterday which was our first attempts. Its not healing intensive just a matter of prioritize. But i must admit those first tries made my hurt bump alot!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zadjin View Post
    I cannot agree, our Holy Priest is ALWAYS topping the meters. While me(resto/druid) and Holy paladin are struggling around 3k hps below him. In a healing intensive fight we normally find the priest around 14 khps and the two of us around 11k. We downed Chimaeron yesterday which was our first attempts. Its not healing intensive just a matter of prioritize. But i must admit those first tries made my hurt bump alot!
    It should even out a little bit with the next patch. Resto druids are getting a nice little buff while holy priests are going to see a few nerfs. It should bring the meters in line a little more.