Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Yahtzee goes WoW

Hi... wait for it... Larious!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...raft-Cataclysm

So what do you think, and do you agree?

Can't watch it. At work.

I'm surprised he would review it though. He flat out states he hates MMORPGs. But, then again, he did review Tabula Rasa and Age of Conan...

Deleted
    I've been waiting for this for a long time, and let me say I loved every minute of it. He wasn't as critical of it as I thought he would be, more concerned with the anti-social nature of World of Warcraft which afflicts people who can't deal with addiction very well. Still, loved it.

He does comment that wow is evil though xD But i like the comment about trolls and breastfeeding xD

He makes the funniest reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Anaklusmos View Post
    I've been waiting for this for a long time, and let me say I loved every minute of it. He wasn't as critical of it as I thought he would be, more concerned with the anti-social nature of World of Warcraft which afflicts people who can't deal with addiction very well. Still, loved it.
    Yeah, I was very surprised by that as well... And glad to see he plays the right side after all... LOL

But a part of me feels that Yahtzee has a jarring fear of conformity when it comes to game play. Sure, I gratz every so often for my guild's progress, but it's more about respect than anything else because I wish my guildies well in any of their endeavors. It's kinda like a workplace where you hear about somebody getting that transfer to a better job, and you aren't filled with the envy of wishing it was you instead... lol...

Another thing I don't think he quite captured is the reason for endgame... IF I have all my end tier gear on my character... I'll either level another character for the heck of interest in that class, or just play something else till the next content patch... I want to raid for the sake of killing the baddest of the bad. And when I'm done harvesting all the victory I want from said bosses, I'll just do something else afterwords...

So yeah... I liked the review... I just hate how his paranoid side shows in games like these... (lol)

and do you agree?
    i never agree with anything yahtzee has to say.hes just looking for attention

Lmao, he does make some good points, and it made me laugh a few times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a MUMORPURGAR! (poor spelling of his poor spelling)

Woah! He actually said a few good things about WoW!! Receiving a compliment from the Escapist is like winning a Nobel Prize, even if he follows up to bash on everything else after it.
    uǝʞoɹq sı ɹǝʇndɯoɔ ʎɯ ʞuıɥʇ ı

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Link didn't want to load and ended up going through their main page, but it is right on front if anyone else has issues.

He isn't saying anything new and the review was more than a little weak overall. Going for the stereotypical comments about WoW players we've all heard before to conjure some giggles is like a comic going for played out knock-knock jokes on stage. This review, and 90% of the comments made in it, could have been said anytime in the last 6 years. Also, mentioning Cataclysm a sparse few times while raging about your own personal problems with MMOs/WoW isn't a 'review' of anything.

He wrote an entire book about an NPC living in a WoW-like world...so for as much as he 'claims' to hate MMORPGs and WoW he devoted a lot of time to writing/publishing a 400 page book to mock it. I call bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    This review, and 90% of the comments made in it, could have been said anytime in the last 6 years. Also, mentioning Cataclysm a sparse few times while raging about your own personal problems with MMOs/WoW isn't a 'review' of anything.
    Yahtzee has never and will never be a "reviewer". He has even stated this himself like a million times. He is a critic, who tear up games in videos, while trying to be funny. Stop thinking about his vidoes as reviews because they are not.

I must say I never expected him to do a video WoW, just like he refuses to make one with Starcraft 2. Most say he actually said a lot of nice things, way more than I expected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I'm out of the loop but who the hell is Yahtzee? I clicked on this link thinking Milton Bradley made a WoW version of their classic game...

Thanks to Scythen for the sig

Whaaaaat? You've never heard of him?

well he dedicated MOGWorld to Blizzard for the 3months that he will never get back(Hooked on WoW)

Derailed the Cereal Thread

10+ Year Old Account
    He is defiantly funny and this review was hilarious. But if I agree? What's there to agree? I don't think anyone really watches his reviews because they want more insight on a game. They are just funny, that's all there is to them.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    I liked it.
    Especially the whole "WoW is programming you", it's kind of true when you think about it.
    I type in "Gz" whenever a guildie gets an achievement automatically without checking what he earned.
    i once heard some1 compare the Ding and gratz thing to Pavlov's dog, it makes sense if you think about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebraum View Post
    Whaaaaat? You've never heard of him?
    Uh, nope. Is he like Adam Sessler only more nerdrage? I don't know. I just buy a game, play said game, and once I beat game move on. I don't get caught up with nerds raging in videos online. I don't do the whole blog/youtube thing online. I have better things to do. Only reason I'm on here is because I'm at work and it helps pass the time.

Thanks to Scythen for the sig

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fogkin View Post
    i have better things to do. Only reason i'm on here is because i'm at work and it helps pass the time.
    return to your work ,unit 456723a475z !
    If you fishing for hours at the same place and you become confident that everything is fine and safe, its will mean one thing; You are wrong. Because i was actually sitting near of you for hours, cloaked in the shadow with a smile on my face and my daggers ready to strike. I did it many time before. I will do it again.....and again......

just finished watching the video, that was pretty funny, esp the raiding part...
    "Why do you raid"
    "To get the best gear"
    "To do what with?"
    "Raid"