Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fogkin View Post
    Uh, nope. Is he like Adam Sessler only more nerdrage? I don't know. I just buy a game, play said game, and once I beat game move on. I don't get caught up with nerds raging in videos online. I don't do the whole blog/youtube thing online. I have better things to do. Only reason I'm on here is because I'm at work and it helps pass the time.
    He bash every game he reviews. People watch it for the humor, not whether or not they should buy the game based on his opinions. Actually, the only game he couldn't find anything wrong with was Portal.

I like Yahtzee but i dont understand his fanbase.
    They praise every "review" he does, yet they dont realise he gets paid to badmouth games.

---------- Post added 2011-01-12 at 07:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebraum View Post
    He bash every game he reviews. People watch it for the humor, not whether or not they should buy the game based on his opinions. Actually, the only game he couldn't find anything wrong with was Portal.
    Actually read the comments on the escapist, people DO avoid/buy the game based on his reviews lol

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yahtzee is a professional troll....he had already claimed this title himself in the past.
    If you fishing for hours at the same place and you become confident that everything is fine and safe, its will mean one thing; You are wrong. Because i was actually sitting near of you for hours, cloaked in the shadow with a smile on my face and my daggers ready to strike. I did it many time before. I will do it again.....and again......

And breathe...........
    lol that was funny
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh, nope. Is he like Adam Sessler only more nerdrage? I don't know. I just buy a game, play said game, and once I beat game move on. I don't get caught up with nerds raging in videos online. I don't do the whole blog/youtube thing online. I have better things to do. Only reason I'm on here is because I'm at work and it helps pass the time.
    He is a videogame reviewer. A very funny one at that.
    You don't have to justify the fact that you don't know him by basically saying everyone who does is wasting their time and has better things to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    sounds like a doucher then if he goes around bashing games for a living. Critics are the biggest joke. Who gives a crap about your opinion. And the people who listen to critics are just as bad. Oh, i won't go see that movie, this critic didn't like it. Make your own mind up after you see the movie, play the game, or eat at a restaurant.

Thanks to Scythen for the sig

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Love him, Keep it up~

~Spazzer

sounds like a doucher then if he goes around bashing games for a living. Critics are the biggest joke. Who gives a crap about your opinion. And the people who listen to critics are just as bad. Oh, i won't go see that movie, this critic didn't like it. Make your own mind up after you see the movie, play the game, or eat at a restaurant.
    Because the toons are hilarious and he usually reviews games as they should be... harshly!

though it is not just bashing and badmouthing take Arkham asylum for a start... or Just Cause 2 or Amnesia or Limbo and so on

Deleted
    Maybe I'm out of the loop but who the hell is Yahtzee? I clicked on this link thinking Milton Bradley made a WoW version of their classic game...
    Same, was looking for a curse addon link when I opened the thread.

I agree, to an extent. While it's true that you should witness something yourself before judging it, internet critics have become rather popular recently, mostly because of the humor they use while they rant. Yahtzee, Linkara, TGWTG, they all employ humor in their work, it makes us laugh, and thus people come back to watch their videos.

Maybe I'm out of the loop but who the hell is Yahtzee? I clicked on this link thinking Milton Bradley made a WoW version of their classic game...
    Heh, same. I've never heard of this guy even once before. Shrug.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Hi... wait for it... Larious!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...raft-Cataclysm

So what do you think, and do you agree?
    I love yahtzee,

I started laughing when he started talking about raids and numbers. so true.
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

10+ Year Old Account
    he tawkeded so fast my brain hurtz now

As others have already said, just take him with a grain of salt. He's an obligate iconoclast and takes a dark spin on nearly everything. The number of games he says more good than bad about can be counted on one hand. He can be a tad repetitive with some of his jokes but he also has some of the funniest one-liners I've ever heard. So if you get really upset when he rips into your favorite game (as he undoubtedly will) then you'll be a lot happier avoiding him, but otherwise I think he's rather worth watching (at least on occasion).

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrez View Post
    he tawkeded so fast my brain hurtz now
    Hence the name, "Zero punctuation."
    Last edited by Neichus; 2011-01-12 at 08:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Can't watch it. At work.

I'm surprised he would review it though. He flat out states he hates MMORPGs. But, then again, he did review Tabula Rasa and Age of Conan...
    "People seem to misunderstand me about this, I don't hate MMO's, I hate what they do to people, turning them into basement dwelling creatures made of cheetos and flab"

and OMG he DIDN'T rip it a new one!
    on a scale of "never happening" to "holy shit, did you actually need to kidnap him to get him to say that?" it's probably closer to the second :P

I expected him to roll a warlock though... what with all of the destroying things others hold dear...

That. Was. Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Horrid Crow View Post
    He is a videogame reviewer. A very funny one at that.
    You don't have to justify the fact that you don't know him by basically saying everyone who does is wasting their time and has better things to do.
    But then how will he feel good about himself?

Quote Originally Posted by bak00777 View Post
    i once heard some1 compare the Ding and gratz thing to Pavlov's dog, it makes sense if you think about it.

you have way too high of a hopes for wow community to know what you meant this is wow after all!
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jtgizmo View Post
    you have way too high of a hopes for wow community to know what you meant this is wow after all!
    I know what he meant, and anybody that took a psych class should know it too. But I think it's funny how right he is about that. I know when I see achievement spams in gchat people say gratz regardless of what it was for. They don't bother reading what it was.

Thanks to Scythen for the sig

I know what he meant, and anybody that took a psych class should know it too.
    Psych class?

You learn all about Pavlov's experiments in 7th grade social studies.