Thread: peeling a DK

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Bloodsail Admiral Mufasax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Where the Wild Afk Gnomes Roam
    Posts
    1,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Managarm_4 View Post
    of course, here's the link to my achievement

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...evement#95:165


    anything else?
    2 achivements from arena master (early grats)
    ▄██▄
    .o_à INDEED.
    "Trolls and Tauren will hold tea party rallies, claiming Garrosh to be a socialist muslim dictator."

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Mufasax View Post
    i do feel we got trolled, hes not even online to dispute anything we have posted, let alone i dont think hes even been to the 2k ratting to even understand tunnel-visioning a target = no bueno
    1. I'm nothing impressive but i have been to 2.4k. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...smalone/simple

    2. I'm not trolling you. Explain how a rogue peels a good unholy DK.
    Stuns < icebound fort.
    Crippling < death's advance or AMS
    Disarm or Silence = 5-6 sec of "peels" which just stops them from doing half their dmg for 5-6 seconds, they aren't actually peeled off the target

  3. #23
    Death's Advance seems a bit OP. I wouldn't mind seeing it at 40/80 % or something.

  4. #24
    The Patient Managarm_4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Boobland
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by Anoxil View Post
    1. I'm nothing impressive but i have been to 2.4k. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...smalone/simple

    2. I'm not trolling you. Explain how a rogue peels a good unholy DK.
    Stuns < icebound fort.
    Crippling < death's advance or AMS
    Disarm or Silence = 5-6 sec of "peels" which just stops them from doing half their dmg for 5-6 seconds, they aren't actually peeled off the target
    I didnt link to impress you, I could care less, you asked for a link, I provided it.

    IBF lasts 12 seconds, save the kidney shot?
    Crippling> AMS lasts for 7 seconds glyphed, DA u need to have BOTH Unholy runes on cd, as soon as they become available, the buff disappears, you can peel, since the buff wont count unless we have the UH runes again on cd again, make your range partner kite us?
    Disarm or Silence> the entire post was pretty much about how the glyph was unnecesary, from my experience on arenas, 5-6 seconds with a disarmed dk is a LOT
    Last edited by Managarm_4; 2011-01-12 at 07:24 PM.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Mufasax View Post
    THE WORST mobility in the game
    Assasination rogues would like a word with you.

  6. #26
    Bloodsail Admiral Mufasax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Where the Wild Afk Gnomes Roam
    Posts
    1,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Anoxil View Post
    1. I'm nothing impressive but i have been to 2.4k. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...smalone/simple

    2. I'm not trolling you. Explain how a rogue peels a good unholy DK.
    Stuns < icebound fort.
    Crippling < death's advance or AMS
    Disarm or Silence = 5-6 sec of "peels" which just stops them from doing half their dmg for 5-6 seconds, they aren't actually peeled off the target
    using IBF on your stun, its a 3 min freaking cd, blind them, wait for it to wear off, by the time your blind is off theres only 4 seconds left of the buff, work up your combo points, then stun to your hearts content, hell, drop a smoke bomb while your doing that and the healer cant touch him

    disarm or silence - cloak, wait till its about to go off (meaning you have no dots left on you) silence so they cant reaply, then disarm so they are forced to use 2 global cds to repaly dots until their weapon comes back, hell, stun or blind in this situation too
    ▄██▄
    .o_à INDEED.
    "Trolls and Tauren will hold tea party rallies, claiming Garrosh to be a socialist muslim dictator."

  7. #27
    Blademaster Bloodfibrasion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Melbourne,Australia
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Phalonyx View Post
    better study a dk dude. U really dont know where ur talking about. This changes where needed. we wont do more insane dmg to you or somethin. We can just move better. the deathstrike cost uh and frost rune, so that keeps us from using other good dmg abilitys. Its just a life saver like a rogue got too. that combo point stacking 50% dmg reduction that is REALLy strong. So you shouldnt worry.
    You better not be Alliance with an awesome avatar like that!

  8. #28
    Bloodsail Admiral Mufasax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Where the Wild Afk Gnomes Roam
    Posts
    1,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Zezu View Post
    Assasination rogues would like a word with you.
    if your having a problem, change your spec, dks didnt have that luxary till now
    ▄██▄
    .o_à INDEED.
    "Trolls and Tauren will hold tea party rallies, claiming Garrosh to be a socialist muslim dictator."

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Anoxil View Post
    So... huh... any ideas on how you peel a DK (looking at PTR notes)

    They can now break and go immune to stuns with Icebound Fortitude

    also, look at these new gems:

    Death's Advance (new talent): While both Unholy Runes are depleted, movement-impairing effects cannot reduce the death knight below 75/100% of normal movement speed.

    Glyph of Dark Succor (new talent) raise the minimum healing done by Death Strike from 7% to 20% of maximum health, but only while in Unholy or Frost Presence

    Welcome to season 5 folks
    Have a pally fear them while they have IBF up... it's good for the lulz. I won't worry about peeling him either, just train him he'll have to use everything he can to stay alive and won't have much to do much on the offensive side of things.

  10. #30
    Bloodsail Admiral Mufasax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Where the Wild Afk Gnomes Roam
    Posts
    1,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekor View Post
    Have a pally fear them while they have IBF up... it's good for the lulz.
    you mean lichbourne right?
    ▄██▄
    .o_à INDEED.
    "Trolls and Tauren will hold tea party rallies, claiming Garrosh to be a socialist muslim dictator."

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Managarm_4 View Post
    I didnt link to impress you, I could care less, you asked for a link, I provided it.

    IBF lasts 12 seconds, save the kidney shot?
    Crippling> AMS lasts for 7 seconds glyphed, DA u need to have BOTH Unholy runes on cd, as soon as they become available, the buff disappears, you can peel, since the buff wont count unless we have the UH runes again, make your range partner kite us?
    Disarm or Silence> the entire post was pretty much about how the glyph was unnecesary, from my experience on arenas, 5-6 seconds with a disarmed dk is a LOT
    i'm done trying to convince people that it's op, just look at arenajunkies.com DK forums, you would think Jesus came back. these changes are insanely broke, and they are blatantly loving it, admitting it, and are crossing their fingers hoping these changes go through to live. on the other hand, many of you want to deny how insanely OP many of these changes are.

    Here's a thread discussing the Death Strike changes.
    http://www.arenajunkies.com/showthread.php?t=228618

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Mufasax View Post
    if your having a problem, change your spec, dks didnt have that luxary till now
    Hmm, I think you had the "luxury" of Death Grip and chain's of ice long ago, no?

    I'll stay my spec, I rather not hit like a wet noodle, I'll rely on my partners to keep everything there for me to blow up.

  13. #33
    Bloodsail Admiral Mufasax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Where the Wild Afk Gnomes Roam
    Posts
    1,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Anoxil View Post
    i'm done trying to convince people that it's op, just look at arenajunkies.com DK forums, you would think Jesus came back. these changes are insanely broke, and they are blatantly loving it, admitting it, and are crossing their fingers hoping these changes go through to live. on the other hand, many of you want to deny how insanely OP many of these changes are.

    Here's a thread discussing the Death Strike changes.
    http://www.arenajunkies.com/showthread.php?t=228618
    yes... cause posting on another forum that has no direct impact to blizzard has a larger impact then posting here, it was a needed change, get used to it, just because you are having a problem killing a dk might make you consider the rogue class wasnt ment to kill everything

    ---------- Post added 2011-01-12 at 07:32 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Zezu View Post
    Hmm, I think you had the "luxury" of Death Grip and chain's of ice long ago, no?

    I'll stay my spec, I rather not hit like a wet noodle, I'll rely on my partners to keep everything there for me to blow up.
    yup, nothing says luxury like a grip that was easily immunable / resistable and a chains of ice that took 1/2 frost runes to use, let alone the ability to get out of the chain so we have to use 2/2 of our frost runes to get to you, whats that you still got away? well time to enjoy running in your general direction as i got nothing else
    ▄██▄
    .o_à INDEED.
    "Trolls and Tauren will hold tea party rallies, claiming Garrosh to be a socialist muslim dictator."

  14. #34
    The Patient Managarm_4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Boobland
    Posts
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by Anoxil View Post
    i'm done trying to convince people that it's op, just look at arenajunkies.com DK forums, you would think Jesus came back. these changes are insanely broke, and they are blatantly loving it, admitting it, and are crossing their fingers hoping these changes go through to live. on the other hand, many of you want to deny how insanely OP many of these changes are.

    Here's a thread discussing the Death Strike changes.
    http://www.arenajunkies.com/showthread.php?t=228618
    lol yet again you changed the subject, we went from DA to DS glyph, I do agree the glyph is SOMEWHAT op, it should be 13%, yet, all those reasons I stated b4 are strong enough to show you how stupid is for a dk to spam DS.

    funny, if you follow that link you will see the same reasons I stated b4.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Mufasax View Post
    yes... cause posting on another forum that has no direct impact to blizzard has a larger impact then posting here, it was a needed change, get used to it, just because you are having a problem killing a dk might make you consider the rogue class wasnt ment to kill everything
    unfortunately, that forum has 20+ DK players that know more about the class and have achieved more (PvP and PvE) than you. therefore, i would think they have a better idea of what is needed to balance a class in PvP.

    ---------- Post added 2011-01-12 at 01:35 PM ----------

    no one is changing the subject, go to the forums where other DKs are posting and discussing, look at all the forums on the new content. the combination of all these new changes = OP, it's the general consensus of GOOD DK PLAYERS. Sorry, but you are choosing to disagree with myself and them.

    ---------- Post added 2011-01-12 at 01:36 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Managarm_4 View Post
    lol yet again you changed the subject, we went from DA to DS glyph, I do agree the glyph is SOMEWHAT op, it should be 13%, yet, all those reasons I stated b4 are strong enough to show you how stupid is for a dk to spam DS.

    funny, if you follow that link you will see the same reasons I stated b4.
    also, you don't spam DS. you use it (along with one of your other CDs) to keep yourself from dieing. because it is that strong it will be exponentially more difficult to kill a DK, if you can't understand that this is my last post on these forums

    ---------- Post added 2011-01-12 at 01:39 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Managarm_4 View Post
    lol yet again you changed the subject, we went from DA to DS glyph, I do agree the glyph is SOMEWHAT op, it should be 13%, yet, all those reasons I stated b4 are strong enough to show you how stupid is for a dk to spam DS.

    funny, if you follow that link you will see the same reasons I stated b4.
    http://www.arenajunkies.com/showthre...=228595&page=2

  16. #36
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    677
    @OP: Less QQ, more thought? If you as a rogue have problems with a DK, you're doing it wrong.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Mufasax View Post
    yup, nothing says luxury like a grip that was easily immunable / resistable and a chains of ice that took 1/2 frost runes to use, let alone the ability to get out of the chain so we have to use 2/2 of our frost runes to get to you, whats that you still got away? well time to enjoy running in your general direction as i got nothing else
    Now how does that compare to an assasination rogue...?

    Shit I rather that than nothing, eh?

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansow View Post
    @OP: Less QQ, more thought? If you as a rogue have problems with a DK, you're doing it wrong.
    lol, take some of your criticism and maybe apply it to your own post.

  19. #39
    Originally Posted by Lansow
    @OP: Less QQ, more thought? If you as a rogue have problems with a DK, you're doing it wrong.

    Your right 1v1 a rogue shouldn't have a problem, Recu-derp-er-ate.

    But the question was how the hell will i peel one off my healer now?
    Last edited by Zezu; 2011-01-12 at 07:46 PM.

  20. #40
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    677
    Quote Originally Posted by Anoxil View Post
    lol, take some of your criticism and maybe apply it to your own post.
    People have given you suggestions. You just want to cry. I stand by my assertion. Cry less, think more.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •