Thread: peeling a DK

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Anoxil View Post
    unfortunately, that forum has 20+ DK players that know more about the class and have achieved more (PvP and PvE) than you. therefore, i would think they have a better idea of what is needed to balance a class in PvP.

---------- Post added 2011-01-12 at 01:35 PM ----------

no one is changing the subject, go to the forums where other DKs are posting and discussing, look at all the forums on the new content. the combination of all these new changes = OP, it's the general consensus of GOOD DK PLAYERS. Sorry, but you are choosing to disagree with myself and them.

---------- Post added 2011-01-12 at 01:36 PM ----------

also, you don't spam DS. you use it (along with one of your other CDs) to keep yourself from dieing. because it is that strong it will be exponentially more difficult to kill a DK, if you can't understand that this is my last post on these forums

---------- Post added 2011-01-12 at 01:39 PM ----------

http://www.arenajunkies.com/showthre...=228595&page=2

funny again, did you read all the posts or only the rogue's post saying : " ITS OP OMG", some dks agree with BOTH changes, some dont.

I stated on an earlier post, I agree DS glyph should be for 15% at the most, not %20 since it scales with HP.

Quote Originally Posted by Lansow View Post
    People have given you suggestions. You just want to cry. I stand by my assertion. Cry less, think more.
    waiting out icebound to stun is not a legit option, plus why would you use icebound if you can use it while stunned now?

the only legit "suggestions" is to disarm and silence. well, tbh, NO SHIT. lol what do you think we do, sit and wait till we can stun? it doesn't matter - disarming and silencing is NOT a sufficent peel, the healer still takes damage and the DK is still right there on them once the disarm or silence wears off.

waiting out icebound to stun is not a legit option, plus why would you use icebound if you can use it while stunned now?

the only legit "suggestions" is to disarm and silence. well, tbh, NO SHIT. lol what do you think we do, sit and wait till we can stun? it doesn't matter - disarming and silencing is NOT a sufficent peel, the healer still takes damage and the DK is still right there on them once the disarm or silence wears off.
    IBF change is not going live, its not on the Official notes

Quote Originally Posted by Managarm_4 View Post
    funny again, did you read all the posts or only the rogue's post saying : " ITS OP OMG", some dks agree with BOTH changes, some dont.

I stated on an earlier post, I agree DS glyph should be for 15% at the most, not %20 since it scales with HP.
    did you read all the posts? i think there is 1 rogue post in the whole thing. the MAJORITY of DKs are in agreement that the combination of all these abilities is OP. if you can't deduce that than maybe I should just stop trying to have a conversation with you. the majority of posts is either, "WOW THIS IS GOING TO BE SICKKK!!!!", "oh no, this is too good we are going to get overnerfed", or "man, they went over the top - we needed buffs but some of this has to be toned down"

Quote Originally Posted by Zezu View Post
    Originally Posted by Lansow
    @OP: Less QQ, more thought? If you as a rogue have problems with a DK, you're doing it wrong.

Your right 1v1 a rogue shouldn't have a problem, Recu-derp-er-ate.

But the question was how the hell will i peel one off my healer now?
    Here, let me go back to what Mufasax said:

Quote Originally Posted by Mufasax View Post
    using IBF on your stun, its a 3 min freaking cd, blind them, wait for it to wear off, by the time your blind is off theres only 4 seconds left of the buff, work up your combo points, then stun to your hearts content, hell, drop a smoke bomb while your doing that and the healer cant touch him
    This looks like an effective strategy. As I said, people have given suggestions.

THE LAST WORD:

If you disagree that DKs won't be OP if all these changes go live, that's fine I will agree to disagree with you. But when DKs get overnerfed don't cry to me, because today "i told you so".

did you read all the posts? i think there is 1 rogue post in the whole thing. the MAJORITY of DKs are in agreement that the combination of all these abilities is OP. if you can't deduce that than maybe I should just stop trying to have a conversation with you. the majority of posts is either, "WOW THIS IS GOING TO BE SICKKK!!!!", "oh no, this is too good we are going to get overnerfed", or "man, they went over the top - we needed buffs but some of this has to be toned down"
    I repeat my post ONCE AGAIN, THIRD TIME, Mobility buff was needed, it will be tricky to have BOTH UH runes on CD all the time for it to work.

DS Glyph will be 15%, 20% is 2 much dude. I have never complained about the glyph not being OP.

Glyph of Dark Succor (new talent) raise the minimum healing done by Death Strike from 7% to 20% of maximum health, but only while in Unholy or Frost Presence
    this makes death strike actually useful for dks that arent pve blooc dk's. before it was just a waste of runes, might as well hit off an obliterate/scourge strike and hope they die rather than use the pathetic healing

(my shaman is my main, and i welcome these changes)

<3 all the DK friends i made on this forum today

you're bad

This is more constructive. Thank you.

The silence and disarm aren't sufficient to peel on their own, but the reduced pressure allows you to pressure them, forcing their healer to go balls out healing the damage you're putting out possibly forcing OOM. Your healer during this stage can be helping to peel off themselves if their CC doesn't share DR with yours(which it really shouldn't) while helping to burn the DK. They're unlikely to kill your healer during a single IBF.

What type of healer do you have? That will affect the way you peel. 2v2 can create some powerful comps. That is a lot of opportunity for synergy.

If they pop lichborne and you have a priest, shackle them. That's a great way to get the pressure off. A pally healer can Turn Evil on them at that point. Blind is very effective.

Moreover, Death's Advance looks to only affect percentage based snares(hamstring, crippling poison, etc), not roots. In 3s this will be even less of an issue.

I'm not saying it won't be OP, I just don't think it's nearly as bad as you state. It won't be S5 all over again.
    Last edited by Lansow; 2011-01-12 at 08:16 PM.

lol, wow. congrats on not addressing any of the new changes
    He did. All of them in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Phalonyx View Post
    This changes where needed.
    That is correct

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conno View Post
    wanna kill a dk? do it the same as you did before, keep him at range so he can't use his unholy runes, don't let him hit you with a death strike, slow him as much as possible and win.
    Good thing I play with a rogue!
    http://fredplz.wordpress.com/ - Thoughts of an obsessive Resto Shaman

Everyone does 20% hp in 1 hit so the new glyph isnt even good

wtf was blizzard thinking buffing them over and over again, they will be even more op than in was when dk was first released in the beginning of the wotlk, their self healing will be sick with this new death strike glyph, and it already. Come on dks how greedy can you be lichborn/death coil you will get 100% of hp easily with that, which is followed with death pact afterwards another 25% hp and on a top of that you will spam death strike lol, none of classes has defensive capabilities as you have: ams, amz, iceboundfortitude, lichborn (im starting to question myself do you even need a trinekt?!), just look how much dmg are your pets doing its insane in any possible way.......

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    wtf was blizzard thinking buffing them over and over again, they will be even more op than in was when dk was first released in the beginning of the wotlk, their self healing will be sick with this new death strike glyph, and it already. Come on dks how greedy can you be lichborn/death coil you will get 100% of hp easily with that, which is followed with death pact afterwards another 25% hp and on a top of that you will spam death strike lol, none of classes has defensive capabilities as you have: ams, amz, iceboundfortitude, lichborn (im starting to question myself do you even need a trinekt?!), just look how much dmg are your pets doing its insane in any possible way.......
    lol not even gonna bother posting my previous answers to this nonsense =S

15+ Year Old Account
    doesn't using death strike cripple your damage some?

anyway, you peel them the same way you always do, get a resto druid or resto shaman as a partner.

after the necrotic strike change, they're gonna need all the mobility they can get. they're even upping disease damage by 30%. lol, 30%? you thought they cleaved hard before.

Quote Originally Posted by Managarm_4 View Post
    IBF change is not going live, its not on the Official notes
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2011384
    The IBF change is there.

If all these changes go through, don't even bother playing 2's arena unless your a dk.

This entire thread is a great example of why I don't come to MMO-Champ to talk about PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.