Thread: 9/12 now what?

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

9/12 now what?

We're a 10 man guild that up until this week we've only raided 3 days a week, now we're adding to that and trying to decide what final boss to take out first. Nef seems out so its between Al'Akir and Cho'gall. We spent some time on Al'Akir and got him to P3 but it was pretty rough the few times we got there. How's 10 man Cho'gall in comparison? A lot of my guild wants to do that since the randomness of Al'Akirs loot leaves a lot to desire.

Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    I havn't done any of those, but my guild took Cho'gall first and then Al'Akir

10man Al'Akir and Cho'gall are really easy.

Cho'gall is honestly very easy, as long as your dps is good, and everyone is on the ball in terms of switching to adds. Al'Akir is much harder, RNG in the first phase, a lot of coordination for killing adds in the second phase, and positional awareness in the 3rd. I haven't had the pleasure to experience nefarion yet, but I'd imagine he's the hardest of the 3?

If you got Al'Akir to P3, you have the fight down. It's just dancing up/down at that point.

Cho'gall difficulty will really depend on your raid comp, a couple AOE stuns/disoreients for worshipers and a slow or two + couple heavy AOE'ers for bloods will make it a joke. Phase 1 isn't hard, but the faster you get it down and into Phase 2 the faster you'll kill it, as Phase 2 is just a matter of getting acclimated.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

We are in the same boat we attempted Cho'gall Overall really easy fight just gotta watch your corruption. Sucks when we attempted it we didn't have the range or something to stop the slime adds from coming so when we got 4 puddles they got through and we didn't have the DPS to not get 4 puddles lowest we got him was 11.3M/37% you need to go into the 2nd Phase at 25% with LESS Then 50% corruption it will make it 10 x easier GL with what you choose

Cho'Gall is the easiest, Nef just requires some good healers, Al Akir requires people to learn to move in 3d and not fail

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Cho'Gall is the easiest, Nef just requires some good healers, Al Akir requires people to learn to move in 3d and not fail
    Nef requires good healers, a tank without downs, and a kiter who can keep his head out of his ass. Also non-braindead DPS to push 3 crackles in Phase 1 and atleast 1 (preferably 2) in phase 2 is also very helpful.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.