Thread: Pyromaniac bug

Deleted

Pyromaniac bug

As I decided to get back to fire after tonight's maintenance - Anybody know wheter it's still there ? Never knew how it actually looked like, but there is no buff icon, and spell stats show only like 3-4% haste. Was it fixed or it just doesn't show there just as netherwind presence ?

Yes it's still there.

It's functioning, and it's most likely faulty coding - explains why it's not fixed yet and doesn't show up in your haste or buffs. Just look at your cast times... fireball should drop .125 seconds.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

EDITED for stupidity. Its clearly there, and yes, its reflected in the tooltip.

If you respec fire, "learn" the talents with 1 point in pyromaniac. Don't spend all your points here, and don't put points in Netherwind just yet.

Note your Fireball will say 2.38 second cast time. (1 / 1.05 * 2.5 fireball cast time = 2.38 )

If you then put a 2nd point in Pyromaniac and click "learn", it goes up to the default 2.5 second cast time.

With Netherwind presence (3% more haste), your fireball goes down to 2.31 (1 / 1.08 * 2.5 fireball cast time = 2.31).

Sorry for my stupid and misleading post before :P
    Last edited by spiny; 2011-01-12 at 11:20 PM. Reason: failure to grasp basic algebra

Fireball is a 2.5sec cast time. 2.5 / 1.03(netherwind presence) / 1.05(pyromaniac bug) = 2.31
    With 3 dots up: 2.5 / 1.03 / 1.10(Pyromaniac 10%) = 2.206

As soon as you put the point in the spec and press "learn" you get the buff. whether you put gear on or are in combat or not doesnt matter. If you really want to test it, spec totally out of it, check cast times, then spec into it again and check the cast time again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiyori View Post
    As soon as you put the point in the spec and press "learn" you get the buff. whether you put gear on or are in combat or not doesnt matter. If you really want to test it, spec totally out of it, check cast times, then spec into it again and check the cast time again.
    This. The fact you have 2.31 second cast times with 0% haste shows it's working. You likely have 3 points in NP and 1 point in Pyro leading to 8% haste from spec. Fireball is a 2.5 second base cast time - 2.3 Seconds would be your new cast time with 8% haste.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.

Seems to have been fixed, at least on my server anyway (US-Gurubashi).

Currently the only haste I'm getting while naked and with 1 point in Pyromaniac is from Netherwind Presence. (Fireball has a cast time of 2.43)

Aye, seems it has been fixed.

QQ

No its not fixed. It is still there. I JUST tested it not 2 hours ago and the bug is very much there.

See my post above. balt, re-test it. 1/2 in pyromaniac with 3/3 netherwind gives you 2.31 cast time on FB. 1/2 in pyro with 0/3 netherwind gives you 2.38.

Im pretty sure you'll see that you were probably in your frost spec at the time.

Blizzard doesn't patch some servers but not others, within the same geographical area (US vs EU).
    Last edited by spiny; 2011-01-13 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spiny View Post
    No its not fixed. It is still there. I JUST tested it not 2 hours ago and the bug is very much there.

See my post above. balt, re-test it. 1/2 in pyromaniac with 3/3 netherwind gives you 2.31 cast time on FB. 1/2 in pyro with 0/3 netherwind gives you 2.38.

Im pretty sure you'll see that you were probably in your frost spec at the time.

Blizzard doesn't patch some servers but not others, within the same geographical area (US vs EU).
    Are you going by the tooltip or something else? I can promise you, without a doubt, that my fireball tooltip said 2.43 seconds while I had my gear off. The only benefit I was getting was from NP. And yes, I was using my fire spec at the time. I'd provide you with a screenshot, but I've already respec'd back to 2/2 pyromaniac.

IIRC, hotfixes aren't always implemented on every server at the same time. If the bug is still working on your server, enjoy it while it lasts.

Bug has stopped working on MG US. Sad face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not working on US Kael'Thas.