1. #1

    PvP = Player vs Patience?

    Almost every Arena i go into with my partner is the same deal over and over... 40-50 min of nothing but chasing a healer! only chance to win is if you got nerves of steel to actually care to be that long in an arena.

    WHY CANT THERE BE A 5 MIN TIME LIMIT?!
    You shouldnt win if your patience is high! You should win by skill!!

    What does people think of these kinds of arenas? they dont need skill at all

  2. #2
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    370
    Limit should be 15 minutes in my opinion, 5 mins would be stupid if not retarded

  3. #3
    That's what 2s is as Healer / DPS mirror.
    One of many reasons 2s no longer matters as much.

  4. #4
    Scarab Lord Stanton Biston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Corvallis, Oregon
    Posts
    4,864
    If it takes 2 people 40 minutes to kill a healer, the problem is yours, not the arena's.

    Most of the matches I play are under 3 minutes and the longest was 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

  5. #5
    I do agree that 40-50 min battles suck but "chasing" the healer isnt the only way to win a match; skill is very much involved in those matches. Correctly timing your CCs with your partner's can win a match in 4 mins. Even if your team is not CC heavy you can slow/root the other player while you take down the other. Not being in ranged to heal is as useful as being CC'ed. And considering they are lasting that long, I highly doubt it doesn't require no skill at all. Unless the dps that are pressuring the healers is just plain pathetic.

  6. #6
    High Overlord Baelyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    152
    I have to agree with Xtreeze, 5 minutes is too low. And if a game does take 50 mins, you are doing something wrong.


    EDIT: I'm not sure if you mean 40-50min per game or that it takes 40-50 mins to do the required weekly wins.

  7. #7
    I can definitely see a hunter chasing a pally for 40mins in an arena!
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

    Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

    -Huainy

  8. #8
    Longest fight ever for me was 40 mins against rdruid. I'm frost DK/arms warr combo. Druid had warrior in his team aswell. My teammate got killed by other warrior, but I finished him. It was in dalaran sewers, druid kited me around boxes, broke my slows by shapeshifting. Long story short, I killed him.
    Although next time we met that team my teammate didn't die and together we killed druid easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    I use a Rainbow Generator and shoot pretty colours at people. It's not quite a Blood Elf racial but it damn well should be.
    "It's gonna be LEGEN...wait for it!...DARY! ~Barney Stinson

  9. #9
    The Patient Tenderoni's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Posts
    291
    I spent 30 mins in an arena before rage quitting against a mirror comp who outgeared us by quite a lot.
    But yeah. When you've been at it for half an hour and the hp and mana pools are back at 100% it's quite tempting just to walk.

    more OT: I thought there was a 45 minute limit? and 5 minutes is totally insane.

  10. #10
    Dreadlord myhv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Aalborg
    Posts
    997
    Had a 40 minute or so fight back in furious season in LK. I was a surv "noob" hunter and a prot "healer" pally as my companion. We were against other healer pally I think but don't remember if he was holy or prot. As I've said, we were noobs back than and I was gearing for survivability mostly (32k HP with kings, yeah I was hard to kill ^_^ And back than some talent actually gave me AP for stamina, so I thought it was a good idea) as opposed to damage... We just could not kill him between his bubbles >_> And I should remind that back than healer paladins had no way to provide any consistent damage, had no interrupt and since he was prot, no shock as well. He had stun and shield silence though, but other than that, only mele.

    Opponent was not even running around (not that holy paladins could heal on the move back than), he just stood and healed trough everything. We won somehow at the end, but I think that was just a lucky streak of crits or enemy got bored and allowed us to do it.

    So far in cata I only had a long fight once, when I was up against frost mage as holy priest. It lasted for 5 or so minutes of 1v1 and it was mostly a control fight than anything else, since I've barely healed myself. Mage was trying to CC me to evo/drink up and I've been mostly dispelling myself and him while keeping dots up. At the end I've finished him of with dots and fiend. Had to keep my pet dispelled though, he knew that it hurts ^_^.
    Ashes to ashes, fade and rust, your mind be broken, your body to dust

  11. #11
    Omg 2v2 is SOOOO broken atm. 3v3's fix this problem but every 2v2 match at the moment since im a healer/dps team is just my dps chasing the healer for 30 minutes while their dps chases me around till we get bored or someone makes a mistake. It's boring and I hope they fix/balance this very, very, very soon.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Baelyn View Post
    I have to agree with Xtreeze, 5 minutes is too low. And if a game does take 50 mins, you are doing something wrong.


    EDIT: I'm not sure if you mean 40-50min per game or that it takes 40-50 mins to do the required weekly wins.
    No we're not doing "something wrong". Holy Paladins almost never run out of mana in arenas atm, I've usually play 10-15 games a week and 4-5 of those are usually 30-40 games. In the higher rating arena matches unless someone makes a huge mistake most games are just healers running away from dps till we get bored and quit.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Miku View Post
    Omg 2v2 is SOOOO broken atm. 3v3's fix this problem but every 2v2 match at the moment since im a healer/dps team is just my dps chasing the healer for 30 minutes while their dps chases me around till we get bored or someone makes a mistake. It's boring and I hope they fix/balance this very, very, very soon.
    As Blizzard has stated many times, they do not balance around 1v1 or 2v2. Hence the lack of rewards in that bracket.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Miku View Post
    No we're not doing "something wrong". Holy Paladins almost never run out of mana in arenas atm, I've usually play 10-15 games a week and 4-5 of those are usually 30-40 games. In the higher rating arena matches unless someone makes a huge mistake most games are just healers running away from dps till we get bored and quit.
    hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahah

  15. #15
    2's doesn't really matter anymore, and if you are not able to kill a healer, you probably aren't playing right.

    I'm running as a resto shaman with a warrior partner. We aren't haven't any kinda of 2's battles more than 10 minutes.
    Same goes for 3's and 5's.

    You might simply want to try and reevaluate your approach upon entering combat with a healer dps comp.

  16. #16
    Dreadlord msdos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    938
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlee939 View Post
    2's doesn't really matter anymore, and if you are not able to kill a healer, you probably aren't playing right.

    I'm running as a resto shaman with a warrior partner. We aren't haven't any kinda of 2's battles more than 10 minutes.
    Same goes for 3's and 5's.

    You might simply want to try and reevaluate your approach upon entering combat with a healer dps comp.
    well aren't you nice and smug. your partner is a damn warrior, bro, good job. anyone can stick on a healer playing a warrior, blindfolded with both hands chopped off.

    2v2 is super broke right now. every high rated team starts to turn into plate/holy paladin. have fun trying to oom or hurt a paladin or interrupt any of their casts in 2v2.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    well aren't you nice and smug. your partner is a damn warrior, bro, good job. anyone can stick on a healer playing a warrior, blindfolded with both hands chopped off.
    I agree with this, except for resto shamans, damn things can really move!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •