Deleted

MSI H55M-ED55 Micro-ATX Motherboard or Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H Motherboard

Hello there, tried aking this question in my other thread a few times but with no luck whatsoever, apologies for creating a new thread for a question I have already asked but in my experience you usually get an answer with a specific thread rather than one where the question is buried in two pages of discussion of other components etc.

So the overclocked bundle I am looking at at the moment comes with a MSI H55M-ED55 Mobo, after posting this build on a tech forum they recommend I try to steer clear of MSI as they make consistently good mobos but that is it and that gigabyte and asus are the top manufacturers, so i found the Gigabyte GA-h55m-UD2H as thatis a comparable mobo to the MSI one and was reccomended to go with that instead.

Is there anything to back this up or are those motherboard basically as good as each other (I notice the gigabyte one is £35 cheaper than the MSI one so I find it odd as usually but not always a slightly higher price tag means better quality and components)

Thanks

Einholt

15+ Year Old Account
    Are you making an HTPC? Or will this be a desktop with a dedicated graphics card?
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    Are you making an HTPC? Or will this be a desktop with a dedicated graphics card?
    Apologies forgot to put in the whole system,desktop with dedicated graphics card.

And here are the specs:

Pre-overclocked Bundle from Aria
    • Intel® Core™ i3-540 Overclocked @ 4.20GHz - Dual Core CPU
    • 4GB Mushkin Silverline 1333MHz 9-9-9-24
    • MSI H55M-ED55 Micro-ATX Motherboard (this can be swapped for the gigabyte one)
    • Coolermaster Hyper TX3 CPU Cooler

Xigmatek Asgard Black Edition+1 extra rear fan

Corsair TX Series 650W ATX2.2 SLI/Crossfire Compliant Power Supply

1TB Samsung HD103SJ SpinPoint F3 SATA-II 3.5" Hard Drive

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 460 OC 768MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card

Operating system:Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit OEM

Thanks

Einholt
    Last edited by mmoc38ac3ad4dd; 2011-01-12 at 08:21 PM. Reason: spelling