Deleted

question about account recovery

hope its the right forum, i honestly dont know... anyway

so i recently got hacked (first time yay) and i send a email form to blizzard with a picture of some ID so prove who i am and then i waited.
    and one day later i got an email saying they have realised that im the rightful owner, that i got hacked by keylogger blablabla, and that i would soon get a email with a link so i can change my password.
    sounds awsome? sure does.

however, now ive waited 5 days since got that email back and im wondering, is that normal? seam like a awful long time...

i can understand it might take a bit of time seeing as i am from Denmark, so they need some translation on the ID maybe but... if they allready realised that its MY account then whats taking so long...

anyone care so spread some light on this subject?

When it comes to account recovery, you'd be better off calling their accounts/customer services departments if you had the means. Otherwise, it can take 1 day to 2 weeks, sometimes longer, to recover via emails.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

I would contact Blizzard over the phone directly, but before doing that, I would order an authenticator, so that the moment you get your account back, you can add that bad-boy to your account so that your account isn't immediately hacked again.

Try calling Customer Support and see what they can do for you. they should be able to see what the delay is and maybe get you going again.

Quote Originally Posted by ugabugamon View Post

so i recently got hacked (first time yay) and i send a email form to blizzard with a picture of some ID so prove who i am and then i waited.
    and one day later i got an email saying they have realised that im the rightful owner, that i got hacked by keylogger blablabla, and that i would soon get a email with a link so i can change my password.

however, now ive waited 5 days since got that email back and im wondering, is that normal? seam like a awful long time...

i can understand it might take a bit of time seeing as i am from Denmark, so they need some translation on the ID maybe but... if they allready realised that its MY account then whats taking so long...

You're writing on a fan-site. Please! Write it on the official forums, it really does help.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Took them a week to respond for me when I got hacked. (E-Mail wise.)

However I did get 2 Triumph emblems and 1 Frost Emblem for every day it took (took 2 weeks total). I bought soooo much gear after that. And they gave me 1500g (I was broke) to all my 80s. Twas very nice of them even if it took them a while. I don't think they're doing that deal currently though....but who knows?

---------- Post added 2011-01-12 at 08:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    You're writing on a fan-site. Please! Write it on the official forums, it really does help.
    Answer this question and then think about the answer for a sec.... How do people usually log onto the OFFICIAL forums? Hmm? XD

Deleted
    was planning to phone them in 5 minutes when they "open" but a major problem appears! (its super effective!)

the phone number for hacked accounts? gone! all we got left is for technical issues. should i just use that one or am i just blind and cant find the number (again, im danish so need a european number and i cant seem to find it anymore, despite seeing it around 4-5 days ago...)

was planning to phone them in 5 minutes when they "open" but a major problem appears! (its super effective!)

the phone number for hacked accounts? gone! all we got left is for technical issues. should i just use that one or am i just blind and cant find the number (again, im danish so need a european number and i cant seem to find it anymore, despite seeing it around 4-5 days ago...)
    I think you'll be fine. I tried the phone many times the week I got hacked. Busy signal every time. Theres so many peeps getting hacked thats it doesn't work most of the time. However if you do get through you should get everything back asap.

Customer service will still help you or forward you to who you need to talk to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Deleted
    ah great thanks alot^^ waiting in queue atm. fun fun^^

ah great thanks alot^^ waiting in queue atm. fun fun^^
    Hey, at least you got in the queue, most of the time it says the queue is full and to call back later and hangs up on you. Lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    However I did get 2 Triumph emblems and 1 Frost Emblem for every day it took (took 2 weeks total). I bought soooo much gear after that. And they gave me 1500g (I was broke) to all my 80s. Twas very nice of them even if it took them a while. I don't think they're doing that deal currently though....but who knows?

They did the same thing for me. I had written them because they weren't able to restore all of my gear, so I told them it was unfair that I was at such a disadvantage after being hacked. They gave each of my 80s (6 of em) 1500g, 140 Triumph Badges, and 70 Frost badges. Each. I got so rich off primordial saronites because it was right after Frosties came out, plust the 9k I had gotten from Blizz. I was actually happy that I had gotten hacked.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Phones are amazing things. Don't be afraid to call Blizzard. They are actually really nice reps that can help with a lot of problems that would normally take a lot longer. I was hacked once but was able to recover the account myself. I had to wait about 2 weeks for Blizzard to restore all the gear and items that the hacker sold though.

I've been hacked twice on the US servers, first was about a year or two ago, and the most recent was about 6 months or less ago. The one a year ago the response from the form was within a couple of hours at most, but because they transferred my characters to other servers the account was locked until they were transferred back. That took a few days, but I had the account back in my hands within 5 days.

My most recent hack was completely turned around, restored and recovered, in my hands in less than 10 hours. I reported it about 10am via the webform and I had an email that my account was recovered and usable by 5pm the same day.

If you haven't gotten the email its probably in a spam filter somewhere. Reply and get them to resend it or call the 800# and they'll fix it up for you. If I haven't gotten a response within a day or two ping them again.