Poll: Do you think WoW is addictive?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Addicted, no of course not.
    now if you'll excuse me, i gotta level my priest.......uh.......i.......er......i mean MAKE COOKIES, yeah, cookies

Deleted
    Used to addicted. Not anymore, the game has gone downhill.

I used to be, now I log in to do my daily heroic, my TB dailies, and I raid on friday nights or when I get a text from my GM. I enjoy the game, but don't find it necessary to be on it constantly like I used to.

MMO-Champion, however, I might just be addicted to. I never seem to not be on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Agallochh View Post
    I wouldn't say that I am addicted to WoW. I can say that there have been moments where my playtime got out of hand. All around the board with all my characters I have 235 days played, stretched out over the 5 years I've been playing, it's honestly not that bad compared to some other people I know. Since Cata I haven't been playing nearly as much, probably around 10-15 hours a week.
    I'm going to have to go with this as well. There were times where I'd come home from class and play until very late, having meals at the computer etc. And I'm not sure if it's loss of interest or having a job that has me on a computer for most of the week but when I get home I'm generally not dieing to get back onto the computer...as much.

I am sooo addicted to this game.. whats it called.. WoW?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    Yes, and I'm glad, kept me from drugs and other bad habits.
    100x this good post

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    People say the game was designed to be psychologically addictive but couldn't you say that for any rpg? I mean the things like sounds when you level, growing more powerful, just gotta do the next dungeon or what have you? Those are all staples of the rpg genre. Like a guildie was telling me that the game was designed for this purpose and then he gives me examples like levels being very fast at the start and much longer at later stages of the game and I was like "that's true for nearly every rpg in history."

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not addicted. I can quit whenever I want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Guthix View Post
    Real life conversation i JUST had with someone yesterday...

Are you addicted to WoW Rebecca?

Yes.

do you care?

No.

Will you ever quit?

No.

Can you quit?

Prolly not.
    You play Runescape or did play Runescape too I see, so did I. I went from one addicting game to another. I wish I could quit, but it's sooooooo hard. It's like a vortex that I can't break free of.

this is a simple thing.... you eat and drink and shit and pee all your life... does that makes it addictive ? i dont think so!

WoW is just a habit we develop throughout the years and we occasionally spend a lot of time in it and sometimes we don't spend any time in it.

WoW is just a habit for me

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep its a habit for me too...however, its becoming a habit I've clearly been kicking for some reason in recent days. *shrugs*

Deleted
    No. Addicted to games in general I am for sure.

I absolutely think that I am.

It's most certainly an addictive pastime, and I recognize that. I make every effort to prevent the addiction from being overly serious or damaging to my daily life, but there are certainly moments when I am aware I am acting like a WoW addict.

At this point, I don't see it reaching levels where it is a serious concern for me, but I most certainly would say that I am experiencing a level of addiction.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was addicted, for 6 years. Now the end of wotlk finally killed the fun out of raiding and Cataclysm didn't offer much really.
    PvP was the last thing which kept me paying and playing, now it's become a huge instant cast fest, not enjoying it at all.

Cancelled my account yesterday, hopefully for the last time.

nope, sometimes ill get really into it and want to play it and nothing else, but then i wont touch it for six months because i got bored. It's not a job or a lifestyle, its just one videogame out of many.

I've been playing for a year, and it's all been fun, up until Cataclysm. I was enjoying it, and then it just started getting boring and boring. I guess it's because I don't feel new to the game anymore.

Used to be some years back, but I don't care about gear and all that anymore. Just kinda goof around now. I think that's proof I've been playing to long and I've had enough.