Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragen View Post
    With how much money Blizzard makes a month, there is no reason they cannot hire or set aside 2-3 developers to add in a way to reforge item graphics as well as item stats hell it can just be added to the current Reforge system!
    That's a simple philosophy that people without the knowledge of the real economics of companies think and just throw out as random suggestions. Just because you have money doesn't mean you can simply throw money at an issue or idea and have it work. The pure logistics of this change would require a hell of a lot more than a few developers just to pull it off.

then they should hire other guy..or give us that option

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Fixed.

The appearance tab has been proposed many times and has a very large topic on the official forums.
    Yup, however no matter how many times people suggest it, it doesn't change that the answer that is always given is no. They don't want every single Paladin wearing tier 2 forever, and the effort the Art Department put into making new tier sets would be wasted since everyone would just wear their favourite set visually, forever.

Plus, they mentioned being able to identify peoples gear visually is important in PVP so it couldn't work there. So no PVP and no world zones since world PVP still exists, and you are left with...wearing it in towns. Which you can do anyway with your actual tier 2.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted
    Well, I personally think it is good as it is. And besides if everyone is tanking with "thunderfury" what's the point of designing new cool gear?

Every paladin would run around in T2 Judgement.....and I have no problem with that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bokrin View Post
    yh you calling class balance which works like "this class sucks let's make it op -> this class too op let's hit him with nerf truck -> this class sucks let's make it op -> ... " fundamental
    appearance tab isn't that much of a job for blizz..week or two and that's all
    Ignorance when it comes to programming is a bliss... 2 weeks max, hahaha.

Seriously though, what would be the point of designing gear then? At the moment, by obtaining new gear, you're differing yourself from others, which is fundamentally the wish of everyone. To have the best gear even if it looks like crap. Having them (Blizzard) spend time on something so superficial when there's other more pressing issues that need to be taken care of would be just silly.

Ever wondered why we still don't have a dance studio?
    Last edited by Feythir; 2011-01-12 at 10:11 PM.
    Well I just got back from a panda circus where I fucked twelve identical versions of Lexxi Belle while surfing on a sharks back in space.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...der&cn=Feythir

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Yup, however no matter how many times people suggest it, it doesn't change that the answer that is always given is no. They don't want every single Paladin wearing tier 2 forever, and the effort the Art Department put into making new tier sets would be wasted since everyone would just wear their favourite set visually, forever.

Plus, they mentioned being able to identify peoples gear visually is important in PVP so it couldn't work there. So no PVP and no world zones since world PVP still exists, and you are left with...wearing it in towns. Which you can do anyway with your actual tier 2.
    Two things...

1) I think it would encourage the art team to put more thought into their designs. You want people to want to wear your gear, so they are going to try and top whatever gear is most popular.

2) Druids.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...1899278?page=1

WELL over 80% approval rate and to the tards worried about "class balance" you clearly have no idea how programing works in top end companys. The people that deal with security holes in your OS are not the same people that design the UI.

The people that do game balance do not drawn the armor, the people that designed ICC did not invent the barber shop either.
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Vancha View Post
    Level 85s tanking in tuxedos? No.
    Hmm, now that you put that thought in my head:

* has a vision of a Worgen warrior in a tux and top hat tanking things*

Yes! It would be like having a murderous bank alt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Legendix-187 View Post
    Go play aion lol. =)
    Don't. You'll get to level 35 before you want to tear your eyeballs out of your sockets and cut your fingers off.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    That's a simple philosophy that people without the knowledge of the real economics of companies think and just throw out as random suggestions. Just because you have money doesn't mean you can simply throw money at an issue or idea and have it work. The pure logistics of this change would require a hell of a lot more than a few developers just to pull it off.

I heard from these boards that it's also a good idea to have your accountants work on outside sales and your art artists to do engineering on the side when they're not busy.

Yes please! Appearance tab!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Amberdusk View Post
    Hmm, now that you put that thought in my head:

* has a vision of a Worgen warrior in a tux and top hat tanking things*

Yes! It would be like having a murderous bank alt.
    BAH!

Can't get link to work.

But you can put it together in wowhead's item comparison section.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaranth View Post
    It's not that they don't have the time/money for it, it's that they don't want to have that feature. Sure, it'd be cool to have every single toon running around in Paladin T2, but that's not the issue. Blizz wants gear to mean something other than stats.
    Gear has never meant anything more than stats. It's always replaced the moment it's stats are outdated so I don't know what you're getting at.

If the appearance tab been a huge success throughout the genre why hasn't it been implemented in WoW? Don't kid yourself! You'd go out there and find the best looking gear for your character. The novelty of running around in a tux and top hat will run out.

Quote Originally Posted by nobu View Post
    If the appearance tab been a huge success throughout the genre why hasn't it been implemented in WoW? Don't kid yourself! You'd go out there and find the best looking gear for your character. The novelty of running around in a tux and top hat will run out.
    Or tanks in dresses, some bonehead will do it for 2 weeks and after that you might run into a bigger bonehead once in a blue moon who will keep up something stupid like that.
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

If Blizz made gear that actually looked good for every class instead of like 2 classes each content patch, this is hugely my opinion, they wouldn't need an appearance tab

No. The model designers did not create all the models and textures just for players to change them to something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Amaranth View Post
    It's not that they don't have the time/money for it, it's that they don't want to have that feature. Sure, it'd be cool to have every single toon running around in Paladin T2, but that's not the issue. Blizz wants gear to mean something other than stats.
    I know they don't want us to have the feature, but WE want the damn feature. ICC Hunter tier looked ridiculous. Big huge penis on the helm. Tier 11? Murloc armor? Sure, some people like it. Most I've spoken to think it just looks silly. Yet, we'll have to wear this shit for a fucking year. See it every time we log in. It sucks, and is one of the places WoW is severely lacking.

I don't mind cartoony graphics, but I at least want my cartoony graphic to look cool.
    There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/

10+ Year Old Account
    Appearance tab tyvm

Tanking Naked FTW