Thread: Affliction PvP

Affliction PvP

Just got my lock to 85. I have a question about the lock "rotation" in pvp. seems like the most popular build is the 31/7/3 build. Why do you get 3/3 Shadow and Flame instead of 3/3 Bane? Right now my SB cast time is 2.31, w/o the talent it'd almost be a 3 sec cast. Do locks just use drain life as the filler and only use SB on NF or corruption glyph procs?

10+ Year Old Account
    I know for PvE you can chose either for filler.I've heard drains better if you have good latency and can chain it real easy. SB might come out cheaper on your mana pool though, if it matters.

10+ Year Old Account
    drain life is way better for pvp. Its a way harder to los it, it does loads of healing and it suffers less from pushbacks then shadowbolt.

Deleted
    What buterzz said. It's really hard to los out of it, it heals you, procs nightfall, refreshes corruption and you can soulburn it.

You shouldn't be hard casting shadow bolt in pvp. Always use drain life. With the proposed changes to fel armor you are gonna need as much health coming in as possible. Only shadow bolt of nightfall procs. Coupled with the corruption glyph, nightfall is awesome. Especially if you quickly dot up 5 or 6 players in a bg

Why get either TBH, go Demo tree for Insta summon on pet death demonic aegis fel synergy and Stamina also Searing pain as filler if you VS things with spell tree lockouts.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, instant 2min resummon is not needed in bg pvp or in arena.
    You also go Shadow and Flame and try to proc them with drain life at times when you are "safe" from schoollockout.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    No, instant 2min resummon is not needed in bg pvp or in arena.
    You also go Shadow and Flame and try to proc them with drain life at times when you are "safe" from schoollockout.
    How is it not needed, People nuke pets in decent MMR level of arena to remove 20% Damage reduction, yeah we have soulshards but using them for Portals and Drainlife > summoning a pet when you can have a passive Fel Dom.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyoh View Post
    How is it not needed, People nuke pets in decent MMR level of arena to remove 20% Damage reduction, yeah we have soulshards but using them for Portals and Drainlife > summoning a pet when you can have a passive Fel Dom.
    To be honest I havent seen any toprated warlock spec into it. Myself I'm not at that level but maybe they do in 1900-2200 dont know.
    Going after a warlock pet is pretty stupid, it still take some time and letting the lock freecast is not very smart.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2011-01-12 at 11:41 PM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest I havent seen any toprated warlock spec into it. Mysels I'm not at that level but maybe they do in 1900-2200 dont know.
    Going after a warlock pet is pretty stupid, it still take some time and letting the lock freecast is not very smart.
    Getting rid of the locks 25% (what lock doesnt glyph it for pvp?) is the goal. Sure, they can soulburn>summon assuming they didn't burn it already. If they have used soulburn, they'd have to hard-cast it which is just asking for an interrupt. I'm not gonna spec into it, but I have seen some warriors tunnel my pet hoping for a victory rush proc.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

To be honest I havent seen any toprated warlock spec into it. Mysels I'm not at that level but maybe they do in 1900-2200 dont know.
    Nuking a pet takes roughly 10 seconds, which if the lock isnt fast enough is ALOT of damage then onto him with a CCd healer, assuming the team isnt awful. Im not saying nuke the pet EVERY game, but me as an Affil lock i just put Corruption UA and BoA on an enemy pet keep them up, and 9/10 the pet dies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyoh View Post
    but me as an Affil lock i just put Corruption UA and BoA on an enemy pet keep them up, and 9/10 the pet dies.
    I do this as well. Usually works, if anything it applies more pressure on the other lock to funnel, healer to heal the pet, or the pet dies.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Agallochh View Post
    I do this as well. Usually works, if anything it applies more pressure on the other lock to funnel, healer to heal the pet, or the pet dies.
    indeed all about burning healers mana, except hpally that mana doesnt EVER go down.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ofc ppl should dot up anything just to burn the other healers mana, just saying its not that hard to keep it up with funnel and one heal once in a while.
    Anyway im still wondering if OP were going for bg's or arena cos there are som differences between them in builds and playstyle.

Ofc ppl should dot up anything just to burn the other healers mana, just saying its not that hard to keep it up with funnel and one heal once in a while.
    Anyway im still wondering if OP were going for bg's or arena cos there are som differences between them in builds and playstyle.
    Thx for all the great reply guys @Bakis, Im mainly doin bg's and getting my 5 wins a week in for conq points.