Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    start going to the gym....achievements there >all

or, start farming for zin rokh, and after about a week you will hate this game so much quitting is easy.

Force yourself to powerlevel Archaeology, leave you guild and turn off public channels. The most addictive thing about this game is the social parts. Cut yourself off from that and force yourself to do boring, repetitive tasks and you'll get bored of it in no time. If you really want to seal the deal find a game that you can play in small doses so that when you find yourself a bit of spare time, you have something that you can play for half an hour and won't tempt you to reinstall WoW. For me I personally played Call of Duty 4.

I stopped playing for 6 months easily by using this method (only I leveled up fishing and did the explorer achievements) towards the end of BC and through the first part of Wrath.

if you have a RL friend you really trust, have him change your password(after you freeze your account) and tell him you dont want to know it till the school year is over. As long as you have the original CD key, you can have the password reset if you and said friend have a falling out. Also, make sure its a friend that doesnt play wow, just incase you do have a falling out, he cant go and delete all your stuff. With the time it would take to get your password reset from calling blizz, you wouldnt catch yourself reactivating your account early, after the 30+ minute wait on the phone you will hang up thinking it isnt worth it, lol.
    Last edited by cdmcg; 2011-01-21 at 04:05 AM.

Have a friend attach a mobile authenticator on your account, and while with him cancel your account. So then if you want to reactivate it you can not get in.

Cancel your internet service. That is the only way to quit WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    when i want to take a break i let my subscription run out and then i just watch a tv series on netflix...

The break Im on now Im watching Lost.. its 6 seasons and roughly 20+ episodes a season.. So after I get through it all I think I'll be ready to come back to game. I never watch TV cause of school and work. So I just wait until the series is over or off seasons and watch them.

Other shows Ive used
    Dexter
    True Blood
    Fraggile Rock (childhood memories)
    Heroes
    Misfits (British Show)
    The Office

watch them in moderation..

it depends there are some self help groups i heard about that can help like AA but if you wanna go cold turkey id suggest deleting your characters. the best way to move forward is to make sure you have no way of turning back
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sell anything you have a value ie; Mats, gems, chanting dust, etc. because when you come back everything will be worth less.