LW 505-510... is this serious?

Am I really supposed to make 7-8 of that blue cloak just to get over this hump?

It's like 5000g in in mats for 5 skills points. This is insane.

Deleted
    PTR patch notes say LW 500-510 will be much more... Friendly.

Hm, just noticed that.

How long until that actually goes live?

here's a thought... go farm the mats. and even if you did buy it would'nt be 5kg.

Quote Originally Posted by korasuma View Post
    here's a thought... go farm the mats. and even if you did buy it would'nt be 5kg.
    60-70 heavy savage is around 3.5kg on my server (1.2kg per stack), 40xthe various volatiles is ~25X40 or 1kg = ~4.5kg

Deleted
    It's cheaper to craft the green helm than the cloaks, and the enchanting mats you get for them make up for the deficit

THat is pretty pricey. i assume your not a skinner then. if so ouch and yeah you can hope the patch isn't too far off. Anyone on the ptr know what those changes are to that area of LW

Good old days when Stone Bats were skinnable...

Yeah, 505 to 510 was a bit of a pain. I recall it took me 8 cloaks to get those 5 poins. That was alot of farming. And I'm sure some smarty will say , Go to Tol Barad, stand around 5mins...Profit ! Because clearly all servers switch TB evenly and of course you're assured to be the only skinner there.

If you're in no hurry I'd wait until 4.06, Of course, by that time you could have probably gathered up the leather needed.

In retrospect, I regret worry about my LWing this early. Up unil last week, a 20 stack of heavys sold for 1400-1600G. Now, the prices are little more reasonable at aorund 800G for 20. I should have just sold off all the leathers, waited another 2 weeks and powered leveled for a 1/3 of the cost
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2011-01-12 at 10:04 PM.

did u see how much it cost to level enchanting? where 1 enchant would cost 1k gold in mats? since release mats prices went down A LOT! I would say - just wait a bit and LW mats prices should go down as well. or wait for patch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazaxist View Post
    did u see how much it cost to level enchanting? where 1 enchant would cost 1k gold in mats? since release mats prices went down A LOT! I would say - just wait a bit and LW mats prices should go down as well. or wait for patch
    Yeah but all progression raiders use enchants, and so do 99% of casual raiders, so leveling enchanting isn't a huge problem, plus you can farm the mats by grinding dungeons whilst you are gearing up your chars, just send over any BoE's you win and disenchant them.

If you are someone like me who has gone for two crafting professions for the better profession bonuses, then it's an absolute bitch to level up, without using alts.