Thread: PC-PC transfer

10+ Year Old Account

PC-PC transfer

I recently bought a notebook and I'm wondering what the easiest way for me to transfer data from my desktop to my PC? I dont have an external harddrive so is there any other way to transfer my mass amount of files?

You can hook up your pcs through the Ethernet gate and transfer everything like that

You can do it over a network by setting up file and printer sharing, or you can use like a USB flash drive to do it in chunks at a time. I think investing in a small external drive is very much worth the money. You can get a 200gb-320gb external for really cheap now... other than that, you're stuck burning DVD's/CD's which will take forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faeris View Post
    You can hook up your pcs through the Ethernet gate and transfer everything like that
    my thing is I dont think i have a crossover cable

You shouldn't really need one. Most Network cards these days are auto-sensing and will assume the role of the task at hand. It knows if its hooked PC to PC.

10+ Year Old Account
    turns out my dad brought home his 1TB 7200rpm HD from work so ima just use that!

now if only i can figure out a way to make it so i dont have to restore and reupload all my stuff from itunes onto my phone since its gonna be all "this isnt my computer"

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    USB to USB would work. Alternatively a crossover cable could work aswell.
    PM me with any questions/concerns you may have.

If they're both on the same network, wired or wireless, all you need to set up is sharing, and away you go. Anyone nowadays with broadband and more than one computer usually has some form of router, which equates to have a network pretty much.