Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I ran a guild run last night with mostly old members and a few new ones to complete a few missing heroic bosses and achievements to get the drake that were too annoying to do back at 80 (all you can eat...). The new members who were there slowed us down for a number of reasons;

- Having zero achievements meant they wanted to do every boss on heroic for their achievements, which really makes it a pain in the ass on some fights (heroic sindragosa, that extra 2m health is surprisingly brutal)
    - They have this "wrath was easy and the content is an expansion behind" mindset which means they don't listen and dick around on encounters which are still challenging (sindy's frost bombs are still one shots)
    - They need every particular of every encounter explained to them because they didn't bother to look up how its done.

ICC was out for almost a full year, you had plenty of time to get in there and do some content.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Option one would be to start your own raid...but if going prematurely grey isn't your thing then, seriously man, lie your ass off.

Try to get in on a 25 man and then just lie. Coordinating a raid pug isn't easy and running checks on everyone can be difficult especially if you don't have anyone to help you run gear/achieve checks. Fellow players don't usually scrutinize or call attention to fail gear (which you don't have at 85) or achieves unless you are trying to tank or heal or you are wearing +int/+sprt gear as a rogue or something.

I was in the same boat as you a few months back while trying to get KS on my Druid. I had done ICC on my Pally, but hated the new combo point system as Ret so my druid became my new "main" and leveled him from 70 to 80. My druid was 0/12 and well below the GS most raid leaders were requesting but stated "5.9kgs feral dps 9/12 if you have a slot open" and got in a group on the second attempt.

Do your part and know the fights the best you can, but DBM makes ICC a faceroll for the most part.

Some simple math for you: DBM + Tankspot - any Achieves > Stoner + Achieves - any reaction time from being stoned and taking bong rips during boss fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Quag View Post
    You are looking at this from the perspective of someone know knows the raid well. For people that dont, deathwhispers MC will destroy a raid if not handeled properly. Saurfang will be fantastic fun, guys why is he healing? Blood Queen you mentioned, Sindy you mentioned, Putricide takes alot of learning before it becomes faceroll, and Lich king is pretty much garenteed wipes for new groups, at any level, defile, plague and infest dont care what level you.

Now of course any group that did this place at 80 will fall asleep nowadays, the bosses are more like thrash mobs but you take for granted everyone knows what to do, 10 players new to the game will struggle to complete the raid regardless of level, as it should be to be fair
    I'm not looking at this from any perspective. Someone said there were a lot of mechanics that would one shot you in there @ 85. That's not the case.

I would have agreed if the person had said, "There are many mechanics that will wipe the raid if not responded to correctly."

Quote Originally Posted by sithlord666 View Post
    So now I ask you guys - how am I supposed to get that achievement if no one want to invite me to do a raid for this achievement?
    Why are you at the mercy of other people? Get like-minded folks together to start a group. It's not your fault they want people who already know everything, but it's not wrong of them to want that either.

The bottom line, be it for current tier content, or old content, is that not everyone wants as "let's get in there and learn it" pug raid. Some people want a pug that is actually full of people who know what they are doing. These are usually regular raiders who for one reason or another were prevented from raiding with their guild for a night/week.