Poll: Which class has the LEAST faceroll spec

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by girlsplaywow2 View Post
    Ok... who put down paladin? *stares at you intensly*
    First DK are faceroll (from a dk)

Second paladin are actually far more complicated than most classes now. Some people are still stuck in the wrath of the idiots expansion, but that time has come and passed.

Paladins are one of the most complex classes to play, and I say that because having played one you must be aware of many procs/cooldowns to do well.

Procs:
    their mastery (I forget the name) is a proc with a chance of making your next ability that consumes hp work as if it had full hp.
    divine purpose certain abilities have a chance to generate holy power
    art of war makes your attacks have a chance to proc for free instant exorcism.

Now that's only 3 procs, most classes only have to worry about 1.

Even then it gets more complicated.

First a portion of their dps is dependent on a buff called inquisition. The inquisition boosts holy damage, but it consumes holy power when used and only last what 8 to 20 seconds. Letting it drop off can be a real problem, so you have to plan in advance for when it will drop off and conserve enough hp to use it. Then there is zealotry that requires at least 3 holy power to use, but doesn't consume them. It makes it so your crusader strike generates 3 holy power.

Now complicating it a bit further is the use of mana for some abilities, and HP for others.

I won't say that Ret/prot is the most complicated of specs. I will say they are a damn sight more complicated than things like mage (my alt), druid, dk etc. There are only a few classes that aren't faceroll right now.

Paladin, priest(disc/holy), shaman, and lock. The rest are so easy it's boring. How do I know? My three mains are DK (lolfaceroll), Mage (again lolfaceroll), druid (healing on him is not faceroll, and he can burn mana quick if I'm not careful)

Quote Originally Posted by Freakwave View Post
    Yeah, Chimareon Feud was one thing I was thinking about, as is Al'akir P1 DI to healer nearby P2-P3 DI to dps.
    Ah, I've only been doing it 10man, 25man P1 is a lot harder where survivability is concerned so thats probably another one, good catch

Lol at druids, this isn't pre 4.0 it's easy now.
    have you even tried it ? or you are just saying that coz the friend of your friend of the friend told you ?
    if the answer is yes then you prolly are an experience druid pulling 40k dps , or you are just a mangle /bite drood that think that is good :P

Quote Originally Posted by unkn0wnerr0r View Post
    First DK are faceroll (from a dk)

Second paladin are actually far more complicated than most classes now. Some people are still stuck in the wrath of the idiots expansion, but that time has come and passed.

Paladins are one of the most complex classes to play, and I say that because having played one you must be aware of many procs/cooldowns to do well.

Procs:
    their mastery (I forget the name) is a proc with a chance of making your next ability that consumes hp work as if it had full hp.
    divine purpose certain abilities have a chance to generate holy power
    art of war makes your attacks have a chance to proc for free instant exorcism.

Now that's only 3 procs, most classes only have to worry about 1.

Even then it gets more complicated.

First a portion of their dps is dependent on a buff called inquisition. The inquisition boosts holy damage, but it consumes holy power when used and only last what 8 to 20 seconds. Letting it drop off can be a real problem, so you have to plan in advance for when it will drop off and conserve enough hp to use it. Then there is zealotry that requires at least 3 holy power to use, but doesn't consume them. It makes it so your crusader strike generates 3 holy power.

Now complicating it a bit further is the use of mana for some abilities, and HP for others.

I won't say that Ret/prot is the most complicated of specs. I will say they are a damn sight more complicated than things like mage (my alt), druid, dk etc. There are only a few classes that aren't faceroll right now.

Paladin, priest(disc/holy), shaman, and lock. The rest are so easy it's boring. How do I know? My three mains are DK (lolfaceroll), Mage (again lolfaceroll), druid (healing on him is not faceroll, and he can burn mana quick if I'm not careful)
    TL;DR -
    Palas atm:

Prio system:
    Inquisition (3HP if poss) > Hammer of Wrath > Art of War procc > Templar's Verdict (3HP) > Rotation
    Rotation:
    Crus Strike(or div storm) - Prio System 2 - Crus Strike (or div storm) - Prio System 2 (repeat, yea - key thing is, never delay a crus strik for anything in prio system 2)
    Prio system 2: Mastery procc templar's verdict > judgement > holy wrath > consecration

Then when in zealotry, this just becomes:
    Inquisition > Hammer of Wrath > Art of War proccs > Templar's Verdict > Crusader Strike

I heard you like prio systems, so we put your prio system in a rotation in a prio system, so you could pick what abilities you're using while not delaying crusader strike while making sure you aren't wasting HoW/AoW.
    Or something better made than that. D:

I'll still put a bunch of classes above them, but yea, i'd certainly agree that anybody calling them faceroll doesn't really know what's happened to them in cata.
    Also, playing mage as fire at the moment isn't faceroll (If you're playing it and you think it is, check your mana bar at the end of a fight. Is there a lot left? You're playing it wrong, you should end the fight just as you hit 0 mana, ideally (or as close before that as you can), by judging the mana you can spend at the start in advance, so that you can use fireball more later on when it deals more damage.

---------- Post added 2011-01-13 at 04:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chocho View Post
    have you even tried it ? or you are just saying that coz the friend of your friend of the friend told you ?
    if the answer is yes then you prolly are an experience druid pulling 40k dps , or you are just a mangle /bite drood that think that is good :P
    If he thinks ferals are easy, he's probably not using shred on omen of clarity proccs, has somebody else to apply the bleed damage debuff so he can skip mangle, isn't pausing to apply dots perfectly, isn't using his cds at the right times, and doesn't know how to do multi-target dps properly. Pick a few out of those, maybe not all.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Hmmmmm......Contradicting? I believe so.
    Lol what? I just implied that they aren't faceroll, that doesn't mean I voted for them. If you must know I voted for lock. So not contradicting...no?
    My sig was stolen, if you find it please contact me. Thanks.

Those who think mage is still FACEROLL>.. please try going fire in current gear and lets see how much dps you can pull on a boss fight in a raid with the boss downing.

Spamming fireball is not efficient, mages are about timing your BURN PHASE and knowing when to use your FLOAT PHASE. It's not insanely hard but still requires situational awareness and quick spell changing to pull it off effectively.

you forgot Arcane shot.

SrS>BA>ES>ArS>CS priority.

The hardest thing is when to do arcane shot. Are you building enough focus? Will this arcane shot delay Explosive shot? At the moment you can be lazy and still beat everyone (except the non lazy hunter) on deeps. After the nerf, the bad hunters will have real trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by kroniclez View Post
    Those who think mage is still FACEROLL>.. please try going fire in current gear and lets see how much dps you can pull on a boss fight in a raid with the boss downing.

Spamming fireball is not efficient, mages are about timing your BURN PHASE and knowing when to use your FLOAT PHASE. It's not insanely hard but still requires situational awareness and quick spell changing to pull it off effectively.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/..._Twilight/dps/

Now sure it doesn't prove anything, but it's still funny. Check out the upperbastion 10man heroics.

As for being hard, I don't see the complexity in switching from fireball to scorch. Maybe I'm just really good, in which case that's fine. To me mages are just really easy. I even do well with arcane. Though in my opinion that is the hardest spec for me to do well in over a sustained period. Knowing when to use my gem/torrent and when to evo etc is interesting but that's about it. Just my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotem View Post
    Ele Shammy = LB, LvB(with Lava surge procs), Flame Shock up 100% of the time, Earth Shock Fulminations 7-9 stacks, Searing totem every 1 minute, Elemental Mastery at 1min45sec cd. This is not very difficult, only thing that throws you off is random Lava Surge procs and timing FS and ES together.
    5 CD's, 1 spammable

Frost Mage(forgot some times off-hand)= Frostbolt, Frostfire orb, Deep Freeze, FoF frostfire bolt, Ice Lance during FoF, Pet Freeze, Mirror Images, Icy Veins, Cold Snap(resets priortiy). I think frost mage is tougher because of the gimmicky FoF procs and the quick targeting of pet freeze(unless you have it macro'd and I do not yet)
    8 CD's, 1 spammable

I am glad that blizzard has implemented their own internal Power Aura, though it does not allow for customizing and adding other abilities, it helps those that don't get those add-ons in the first place.

If you can set-up dps priority lists and show cds/spammable, it would help in determining I think
    If you think it's easy to put out good dps as ele, you're wrong. And no, FS doesn't have 100% uptime. The challange in our rotation comes from juggling shocks and not wasting Lava Surge procs/Lightning shield charges.

Deleted
    This thread and poll just fails. So many votes for druids even though there's nothing remotely hard about feral nor balance anymore. People are just voting based on what they saw back in Wrath :|

Gotta love my kitty druid and how I have to pay attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossmonkey View Post
    He doesn't want to go to Northrend. He doesn't have coldweather flying.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    If you think it's easy to put out good dps as ele, you're wrong. And no, FS doesn't have 100% uptime. The challange in our rotation comes from juggling shocks and not wasting Lava Surge procs/Lightning shield charges.
    Ele is pretty easy to do okay and somewhat difficult to play well
    Hi Sephurik