Wink DC Universe Online - Giveaway!

Hey everyone, Yes, you heard it. It's a Giveaway!

I will be giving two trial friend cards to people - who are a BIG fan of DC Universe online.

ONLY TWO WINNERS!

All you have to do is tell me.

1) Why do you deserve to be picked from all the people that i have not choosen?
    2) How big of a DC fan you are?
    3) Have you been tracking this game for so long?
    4) Willing to buy this game after it expires?
    5) Will you be playing a Villain or a Hero?!
    6) What's your favorite DC Super hero AND Villain?!

The longer your answers are, the more chance you will be winning it.

Good luck!

You rock, Freaky. Thanks for the opportunity!
    I think this is the 2nd post I've ever made. I suck.

1 - Why do you deserve to be picked from all the people that I have not chosen?
    Well.. I don't have a tale of sorrow or anything to share. Truthfully I'm a big fan of both DC comics and the MMO genre. I've been playing multiplayer games since my first MUDs back in um.. gosh, 1994? And reading comics religiously (and then collecting like a big nerd) since around the same time. I doubt that makes me "deserve" to be picked, but I think I'm a candidate in that I'm definitely someone who would appreciate the larger world of the game.

2 - How big of a DC fan are you?
    Haha. Pretty big. I've been a comic book dork for a long time, and have several titles in unbroken sequence, since um.. 2000 or so? Batman and Action comics would be two big ones. I have way too many comics. Don't tell any girls.

But beyond the comic books, i don't really purchase much merchandise. Of course I go to the movies, watch the cartoon dvd things, occasionally wear Batman boxers, etc. But I'm sure, if you were just going off of amount of "DC things" you could find much bigger fans.

That said, I'd place bets on myself on any Batman or Superman trivia contest vs some dude with 879 Wonder Woman coffee mugs.

3 - Have you been tracking this game for so long?
    I think you're asking how long? Or maybe asking why I've been tracking?
    I've been tracking since it was announced, and as to why, honestly I track TONS of different mmos. I'm a giant fan of the genre and am always interested in where its going. I love trying new things. Even tho I'm obviously a WoW dork, my favorite type of mmos are generally sandbox pvp driven games. I'm well aware that DCUO isn't that type of game, but comon - its SUPERHEROES. I can design my own dude and work with Batman. Or get punched by him. Both of those scenarios are AWESOME.

4 - Will you be willing to buy the game after the trial?
    If I like it, absolutely. As I'm sure others will say, I've had poor experiences in the past (bought Vanguard, Darkfall, and Mortal Online on pre-order). While MO and DF are still going, in hindsight I wish that I had known how incomplete and unfinished they were before I paid cash. Gosh, I even paid for Roma Victor. I'm a sucker for "looks great on paper but poorly executed by small underfunded team" games. What is wrong with me?

5 - Will you be playing a Villain of a Hero?!
    I normally gravitate towards the "bad guys". I've always been Horde, played Chaos in WAR, and have constantly been some sort of criminal/outlaw in the MUDs (text based games) that I've dorked out with since forever and ever. I think I have some lingering teenage rebellion and/or anti-authority type thing going on. That said, while those are my initial characters, since I'm a pvp person, as the game progresses I often move to the side that seems weaker or under-populated. For DCUO I've read that the largest PVP server is very villain dominated at the moment. Of course I'm sure that could change (and I probably need to read more anyway) but if that's still the case when I play I will be rolling a hero for sure. The bigger question is: Metropolis or Gotham??

6 - What's your favorite DC Super hero AND Villain?!
    That's a tough one. The first superhero I ever was into when I was younger was Superman (I'm sure that's the case for a lot of people). I would have told you Batman was my favorite during my grimdark teenage years. The last few years I wouldn't hesitate to say that its Nightwing. I've always had a spot for Dick Grayson in the DC Universe, and especially lately his character has had a real chance to shine. I love how, in spite of all the things he's gone through, he's still a reasonably adjusted dude. In spite of however grim and gritty Batman may have assumed he would end up, Dick has always kept his humanity. Different writers have played with making him edgier or more rough around the edges, but I like him the way he is. Plus his current thing as Batman is AWESOME. I love Bruce Wayne but its GREAT.

For Villain it's a lot easier to call. Lex Luthor by a long shot. I don't have to list all of the reasons why he's a great villain, but probably the best one for me is: you can almost see where he's coming from. Ignoring all of the crazy things he's done, the central theme of his life is that having a Superman among us by definition makes us weaker as a race. Luthor honestly believes that perhaps if Superman's rocket had never landed on the Earth, he might be the world's champion today. Or at least he will tell himself that, but in actuality Luthor's faults have nothing to do with Superman and everything to do with his own arrogance, ambition, and pride. He is a tragic and flawed character.

Thanks again, Freakyfreak.
    Last edited by thrag187; 2011-01-13 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Skipped #4 on accident.

1. Firstly I'm a superhero comic/cartoon fan. Dc being my favourite. Playing MMO's since MUD's and attempted at making a Super Hero MUD which failed but I did try. I have bought CoV and Champions online and was a huge fan of Arkham Asylum. CoV at first was great! played for about 2 years then just burnt out because the end game was a bore. In champions online i ran a guild known as the "Olympians" and basically we were a Greek mythological clan, I ofcourse played the role as Zeus himself we became some what notorious for our antics..engaging the community and creating pvp in a game which you rarely saw any. The game was linear and got boring, loved the customization more than CoV though. It's going Free to play but i think it's no longer for me anymore.

2-Hmm since 1988 reading the comics during the dark ages, yes i was excited about the batman movie and yes i have a vintage collection of comics that i have had since i was 8. I love what Dc has become i know now i can put on a dvd or film about batman etc but sometimes i just like to read the old comic books, brings me back. I have superman memorabilia given to me by my father. The oldest figurine i have is of batman from 1969. I would never sell them, it's part of my child hood and who i came to be, batman was an inspiration for me. Accept fear and embrace it. It's quite a lesson for an 8 year old which sticks to me till this day.

3-First got whiff of this game over 2007 when concept ideas were released then again 2008 when the art was released. Kept a close eye on the game and learnt a lot about the mechanics, ever since then i've been to comic-con and learnt more about the game. It was great finally to see Dc comics coming into an MMO, My favourite comic colliding with my favourite mmo genre. I was stoked and still am but I can't for the life of me get into Beta. Unlucky for me right now i'm in a difficult situation, if i buy Dc i won't be able to pay for WoW for a while, so i need to be sure in what i'm buying. Too many MMO's have dissapointed me.

4-If i'm happy with it yes! I'm a dc comic mmo fan deep down and all over! If this proves to be what it is then i'll be playing DC for quite a while.

5-Hmmm you see, i love the villains in batman! but I looked up to batman. So i'll be going for Hero and affiliating myself with batman! The batman seems to be "Chaotic good". Conflicted with moral issues yet persistent to uphold the law. If you read the comics he's much more of a deep character than the movies display. In one case he actually makes a mistake and kills some innocent people, he falls into depression and considers suicide. That's one complex character.

6- As i've babbled on about Batman i think you get the picture why he's my favourite. My favourite Villain is the Joker. You see batman sees the joker as what keeps him going. Joker time and time again tests batman and proves to him how alike they are. The only villain who actually psychological understands batman. The history of the joker is interesting as well. If you read the comics he has a very sketchy history, he himself actually does not clearly know his past. There's a quote which is interesting, he says "Sometimes when i remember back..i see things differently, then it changes again". This villain has delved so far into some psychological cage that he no longer understands his past or himself yet he relates to the batman as if they were brothers. Both batman and joker are alike, opposite ends but when they look at each other they see themselves in the other person!

Thank you and would appreciate a key!

Thanks for doin this contest.

I'm not sure if I "deserve" to be picked but I think I would make a good part of the DCUO community. I've been playing MMOs for years with my first major MMO being Anarchy Online. Through out the years I've been involved in games like WoW, LotRO, Aion, Allods, COH and many more as well as being beta tester for numerous games including Star Trek Online and WoW. I've done everything from hardcore raiding to big pvp guilds to just casually playing.

I'm an average fan of comics in general but have always leaned towards DC. Batman was my first real introduction to comics, first through watching the old TV show which then got me looking into comics. While most of my friends were always big into the Marvel line, mainly X-men and Spiderman, I stuck with good old Batman. Many arguments arose between which side would win lol.

I've been tracking this game for about 6 months now. With getting burnt out from WoW I started searching around and DCUO caught my eye. The gameplay seems alot more hack/slash style compared to most of the stuff I've played recently which I liked. Reminds me alot of Diablo, and the countless hours pounding my mouse during the summers lol.

Yes, thats really my intentions with a trial. When I purchase games its typically for my wife and myself so jumping into a game without a trial means atleast $100. I've been burnt in the past with games like LotRO (now F2P) and Aion (game died shortly after launch) so I really dont want to dive into DCUO without atleast trying it first. Also if the game ends up as good as it looks, I'll end up buying 2 copies and would be more than happy to share the guest passes with the mmochamp community, more than likely via a content like this one because I like the idea.

More than likely Villain, though I'm quite the alt-o-holic and with the story lines within the game I'm sure I'll venture to the Hero side some as well. With the Joker being my favorite character of all, I just have to have him as my mentor first though.

Hero has got to be Batman. He is like the king of gadgets and who doesnt love the batmobile? Unlike most superheros, he is more about using his smarts to get his enemies instead of some magical powers. Creeping in the dark and quietly taking out unsuspecting bastards. He is so close to being a villian its not funny!

For Villian I have to go with the Joker. With him its all mindgames, nothing is ever as it seems. To top things off, he always does his dirty work.. with a smile.

I'm actually going to make the best of my trial, i'm not asking for a trial just to play, it's actually to try, i've got money in pocket, ready to buy the game, but need to play it to make sure i'm not spending my money on another mmo that i won't continue playing. and i donate blood and plasma monthly free of charge!

i've been reading comics and watching DC cartoons since the early 80s, flash was always my favorite, with frank miller's dark knight being a close second. i had so many posters as a child, wish i still did. i used to dress up like the flash with a costume my mother made me when i was a kid and pretend that i was running lightning fast around the yard, DC brings back many good childhood memories i've got batman comics dating back to the late 70s that i've had my entire life, passed down from my dad, and held onto by me. big part of my life DC has been!

Since the announcement. i've been watching, reading, listening, youtubing, you name it, i've been keeping a close eye on this and now that it's out i definitely want to give it a go.

i'll probably end up buying it BEFORE it expires, if it's as good as it looks! i've got money already put back for it!

A hero, of course, it'd be wrong of me to play a villain after so strongly supporting all my favorite heroes as a child and well into my teenage years. blasphemy that would be! i'd have to burn all my flash comics if i were to be a villain! that just wouldnt do! no no! good guys always win in the end!

My favorite hero, by far, is Flash, always has been and always will be, like i stated earlier, i used to dress up and run around my yard pretending to be running lightning fast, like flash! *sigh*
    i hate to pick a favorite villian, but i'd have to say captain cold, leader of the rogues, he and flash had it out for the longest time! takes a good bad guy (lol!) to keep a hero on his feet for that long!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been a fan of comics forever, I have been wanting to try out this game, but am unsure if I would find it worth the money I spent on it without trying it first, just to be safe.
    Well, to be honest, I always liked Marvel better, I am a fan of the Anti-heroes more than the constantly good stance. I always loved Batman because of the Villians as well as Batman himself, some seriously evil bad guys in that series, and Batman himself is a very good depiction of an anti-hero
    Once again, honestly: not really. I have been looking at some of the updates, but I haven't remained up-to-date constantly.
    If I like it, yes. I have been looking for a different MMO for quite a bit, and pending on if I like the storyline and gameplay then absolutely.
    Villain, for sure. Bad guys are typically the ones that I view as better written story wise, and well, they just have mroe fun enciting chaos and wraking havoc amongst the populace. But as I am a bit of an alt-o-holic I would likely also wind up trying out a hero.
    Favorite Hero: Batman, a very well written and thugh out anti-hero. Plus the idea about him not having any powers at all, yet is capable of doing all of his hero stuff with gadets was like a dream for my younger self.
    Favorite Villain: Lex Luthor, he is greed incarnate, he could make the owrld a better place, yet doesn't due to his own selfishness, it is a lot like what I imagine most poeple would be like if they had as much money as he does in real life.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Because for years I have been begging for someone to put me out of my WoW related misery. Please, end my suffering.

Like everyone else I'm a big fan of the God Damn Batman. Year One, The Long Halloween, A Death in the Family, and Knightfall are awesome story arcs/series. But they have nothing on Watchmen. I can read Watchmen a dozen times and take something new away every time. Not surprised it made Time's list of the 100 greatest novels a few years ago.
    I'm also impressed at how well DC handles Superman. It's hard to make a nigh-invulnerable, ridiculously powerful guy interesting, but they usually do a good job.

Signed up for the beta but was not granted access (I got in LoL, HoN, WotLK, Star Wats ToR, but no DCUI, so sad). The only games I've kept track of more lately are Cata and Bioshock Inifite.

Most likely. Most things I've heard have been good, so unless this trial flat out disappoints, I'd buy.

I really can't make up my mind. I always want to play a villain, but in games like Fable and Fallout I can't make myself be a dick.

Hero: 80's and early 90's era Batman. Hate to be generic, and everyone picks Batman, but he's just so well written.

Villain: Hush. The first few Hush arcs were epic, not so thrilled about the direction he's taken lately though.

Cheers.

I don't want to use the word deserve. It sounds a little bit too.. entitiled (maybe?). However,i'd really like a shot at trying this game. I'm just starting my honours in Computer Science and Psychological studies, looking paticuarly at behavioural changes and tendencies when there is an assumed annonymity in the projection of ones thoughts and views (ie. Will trolls go away if you know who they are?). Having the oppourtuniy to test out the social aspect of a game for free before it has had a chance to become, dare i say, populated with a large number of "Bad" people is an oppourtunity i can't turn down, expecially on a student paycheck .

I would say a 8.675 on a scale of 1-10. I have always been into the "culture" surrounding comics and the like. Its childish, yet somehow very mature nature has always appealed to me. I think it's the psychology of it all. That being said, there's nothing quite like reading Batman during geography lectures.

With that being said, i do weep (metaphorically guys ) for the industry. It has prided itself on creating complex storylines and characters for so long that the greatest part of it ( talking to your mates about it) is almost impossible now. They don't understand a word you on about. I enjoy DC , and the culture so much, that i want everyone to understand it.

I've been wanting to get my hands on this for ages. Yet again, lady luck has shunned me and i didn't get into the beta. I even applied for a position at SOE in an attempt to steal the alpha versions covertly, but my plan was foiled by a lack of expierience

If i enjoy something, i'll buy it. It's only fair to the developers. Same reason i got minecraft and the Humble Indie Bundles.

Villian of course. Complex psykies are just too awesome (Joker FTW).

Hero: V ( i know he's Vertigo, but they're pratically the same company ) Love the book, love the movie. And if he doesn't count, then Batman, just for the poetic similarities (embodiment of an ideal, fear through truth, all that jazz)

Villian: Ozymandias. By far. who could have seen that coming, really? But in terms of the DC Multiverse, gonna be generic and go with the Joker. After all, no one can pull of purple quite like him
    Last edited by Nicoca; 2011-01-13 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Clarification and Spelling
    Zhemak wrote:
    Hi, i'm a scientist, from the NASA. I can make science, so I tell you as a pro, Minecraft is not laggy.

Because I am a huge fan of DC in general and DC universe Online. But, Unfortunately cannot afford to pay for both WoW and DC Universe, so i need this buddy code to see if this game is as good as it should be.

A Huge Fan, I have an entire shelf full of DC comics (some spawn and Iron-man also)

I have been tracking this game for a very long amount of time, back before when you mentioned people had never even heard of it. Unfortunately I did not get an invite to the Beta, even though I registered as soon as possible.

If it as good as it is supposed to be. As I said earlier I can only afford this or WoW not both unfortunately.

Villain!, I am an alliance player in WoW and want a taste of the Dark Side.

Batman - Iconic Badass Billionaire, does everything with only Gadgets and "toys" and not abilities
    Lex Luther - Iconic Badass Billionaire on the other side, Once again using only gadgets and "toys" on his stepping stone to World Domination.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Why do you deserve to be picked from all the people that i have not chosen?
    Um, well I know that I definitely don't DESERVE this game. I understand fully that there are other people that are DC nerds and MMO freaks ( I genuinely mean this in a nice way), but, with World of Warcraft introducing me, I have become very interested in MMO's and I want to expand my game base.

I like DC a lot, I read a bunch of the comics (own a few) and watched a lot of the cartoons when I was younger. I also like the characters portrayed because, while they can be goody too shoes, they have darker characters and more 3d characters, attracting me to the franchise again at my teenage years (now.)

Quite a while, I'd say since maybe, November of '10 (feels weird to say)
    Definitely, I'm working on getting money to fuel that account

Uhm, Villain, because every other DC game usually has you as the hero, and I'd rather make the evil plot than foil it. Plus, I've always had this desire to have power to destroy things (INGAMME!!!!) and thats the onyl reason why I played create a city games, to destroy the cities. I'm an RP nut though, sooo I probably will end up playing both.

Superhero: Flash, his personality is very cool, and matches my own to an extent, and his powers are cool, and he's not a justice nut like Superman. Batman comes close though, because he relies on his natural body rather than super powers.
    Villain: the Joker, because he's not just some pure evil entity, or some malevolent being, he's a great example of how even an ordinary person can go horribly wrong and a reminder that everyone has dark parts of them.

Thanks again for this opportunity, good luck to everyone, and 200% good luck to me

10+ Year Old Account

Who am I to say that I deserve it more? I am not poor or broke, don't have a sad story to tell you and am not the kind to go sit outside a store in a line up to be the first to get a collectable. I'm just a gamer, and I like the idea of finally seeing a good super hero MMO with a great backing

6 foot 2, so prolly not the biggest! Haha, all jokes aside: I can probably be beat in trivia's, I'm not cocky enough to believe nobody is better then me. But I've been reading their comics for a long time, since I was a little kid over in Europe (man, comics are so different in Dutch :S). And I'm not going to say that I have an X amount of comics, or run so-and-so uninterrupted. There'd be no way for me to prove it anyway. What I can tell you is that I have been reading comics since 21 years, ranging from the Green Hornet (Really? Seth Rogen? Are you kidding me?) to, of course, Bats and Supes.

Since IGN announced that this game was out I check regularly on more info. I'm excited to see Booster Gold in game

Only if it is entertaining me. I mean, I can't make that promise without playing!

Villain. I'm a chaotic evil person in most games. Sure, I'll rescue your kitten from a tree. Then I'll turn in the quest and get the experience. Then I'll still kill you for more experience, and your cat too!

Super hero has to be The Hulk. I mean, he never means harm really, he's just a lumbering oaf that wants to be left alone. He can't help it that he is so excessively powerful! Villain? I have to go with the Joker. He's not superhuman, but just plain Jane insane. A purer evil doesn't exist in my opinion: he does not want money, power or women. All he wants is to see people suffer!
    There's no such thing as bad players. Unless you refer to the good players that refuse to pass on their knowledge.

Super hero has to be The Hulk.
    The Hulk is Marvel :P
    Zhemak wrote:
    Hi, i'm a scientist, from the NASA. I can make science, so I tell you as a pro, Minecraft is not laggy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicoca View Post
    The Hulk is Marvel :P
    Argh, I got owned!

Nicoca uses Knowledge! It's super effective!
    There's no such thing as bad players. Unless you refer to the good players that refuse to pass on their knowledge.

I deserve to be chosen because I didn't really read through any of your questions and thought you were kidding when you said the longer your answers are, the better chance you have of winning?

Did I win?

Dunno. In all honesty, you probably shouldn't.

D is a pretty good letter, but I don't know about C.

Heard about it 2 weeks ago from this girl on WoW.

It's a game?

Whichever one doesn't wear tights. If both do, then whichever one isn't colored like a rainbow threw up.

Burntfaceman and Jackie Chan.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!