Thread: Dwarf or Worgen

Dwarf or Worgen

I have decided to roll an alliance character to enjoy the alliance side of the story. All of my char's have been Horde up to this point where I have decided to roll an ally. I was just wondering which of the two you think look the best, If you ask me I like both. But as I always seem to make alts I always choose the race I went with first. Opinions on casting animations, 2-hand animations,etc...would also be appreciated. Oh and what about the racials since I saw Dwarf get an update to it's racial or is getting one, which of the two you think might benefit for PvP? Thanks in advance .

By far the Dwarf casting animations. Worgen simply flail their hands around wildly. >_>

As for 2h, I prefer worgen.

PvP is probably better for Worgen simply for Darkflight. 10% damage reduction can't really compare to a 2 min CD 40% movement speed boost that stacks with other boosts.

Dwarf, worgen have too much up keep, with flea baths and walkies and such, just a pain, all dwarfs need is beer.

10+ Year Old Account
    -I'm gonna get hated on for this but--
    >The only reason I would say roll Worgen is if you're going to be a Druid, that way you don't have to look at the silly looking Worgen all the time.
    (ok.. ok.. only in combat)
    -And for Dwarfs, depends, what class are you rolling?

Dwarf, i love the Dwarves, i dont like how worgen run, attack, or cast.
    only thing i dont like about dwarves are how they do special attacks with a 1handed wep. the whole half spin thing.

Derailed the Cereal Thread

I can understand where you are coming from as the Worgen also got an update to their Racial and they get 1% more crit if I remember right. But with Dwarfs they have the 10% damage reduction and I might be wrong but it seems they are staying with the "Removes all poison, disease and bleed effects". It's kind of a hard choice but I also want my casting animations to look like they are casting not flailing their arms around wildly like you said so I do agree with you.

---------- Post added 2011-01-12 at 11:18 PM ----------

Well I'm thinking of rolling a rogue since I haven't really used my rogue in wrath, So I think dwarf racial would help.

If the class is melee, Worgen have amazingly cool animations. A feral, vicious werewolf ripping his enemies apart with his claws? Yes please!

Darkflight is pretty meh. Its nice, but I never went "damn I wish I had DF right about now." Its getting buffed so it can stack with other movement boosts, so getting insane bursts of speed might be pretty cool. As it is currently, DF is boring.

Dwarves, they look alright as melee and casters, my own is a hunter. The males are kinda blocky with animations, its like controlling a rock with a beard. Females with the twirly braids are awesome, and both have voices that make me laugh.

Stoneform, even with the damage reduction buff, I still preferred it when it made them immune to bleeds, poison and disease. I foresee a lot of tanks and pvpers making the switch to dwarf, which is cool with me, we need the numbers.

Bottom line, if its a melee class, go with Worgen. Anything else, both races are cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, go Dwarf Rogue so you can help people during Thanksgiving

10+ Year Old Account
    Dwarf for sure,(imo) their animations are better, and worgen look ridiculous to me.