Page 1 of 57
... LastLast

Shifting no longer cancels root effects

According to PTR patch notes, entering or leaving a shapeshift no longer cancels root effects. It continues to cancel movement slowing effects. This is a huge nerf to druids, especially feral.

Deleted
    What the last 15 nerfs couldn't manage, this did. Ferals are finally dead as far as pvp goes.
    RIP, dear furry friends, I will remember you fondly

Well there goes feral pvp. Now mages have absolutely no counters. THey are free to screw everyone with their 101 roots.

Quote Originally Posted by op3l View Post
    As a druid all I can say is... about damn time...

but... let the QQ begin.
    Yeah, we've been waiting for this for 6 years...

OH WAIT. Removing a core aspect of the class, GG Blizzard.

Deleted
    oh dont cry. shapeshifting is a cheap way for a druid to remove every movment reducing effect in a single click..
    it's bad enough that ghost wolf for shamans can be dispelled now, wich makes it hard for them to escape as well.

+ Druids do instant root when you hit them. its only fair that they cant outrun you

Quote Originally Posted by 5ilver View Post
    What the last 15 nerfs couldn't manage, this did. Ferals are finally dead as far as pvp goes.
    Hyperbole is hyperbolic. Boomkins are dead, feral are balanced now. Sorry if you were the only melee that thought it was acceptable to not be able to be rooted.

Then again this is just another change that makes it even easier for mages to dominate however.

If this makes it to live I'll seriously consider playing my rogue instead, been playing my druid for around 5 years but this was by far one of my favourite things about the class.

Also shapeshifting out of root effects has NEVER been the reason we've been overpowered.

10+ Year Old Account
    as a admittily horribad pvp frost mage, i would like to say that shapeshiftign SHOULD break roots, but not snares

Quote Originally Posted by Hyze View Post
    If this makes it to live I'll seriously consider playing my rogue instead, been playing my druid for around 5 years but this was by far one of my favourite things about the class. .
    And run into the same problem as a rogue, this is starting to feel like you need to roll a caster/ranged in this expansion. Roots are another form of cc against melee, stuck to the ground twiddling our thumbs while our partner gets lit up... sucks to be us. :/

Quote Originally Posted by ztreek View Post
    oh dont cry. shapeshifting is a cheap way for a druid to remove every movment reducing effect in a single click..
    it's bad enough that ghost wolf for shamans can be dispelled now, wich makes it hard for them to escape as well.

+ Druids do instant root when you hit them. its only fair that they cant outrun you
    im pretty sure you have been able to dispel ghost wolf for quite a long time?

Quote Originally Posted by xaviour View Post
    And run into the same problem as a rogue, this is starting to feel like you need to roll a caster/ranged in this expansion. Roots are another form of cc against melee, stuck to the ground twiddling our thumbs while our partner gets lit up... sucks to be us. :/
    More because they do better PvE damage and are actually more fun to PvP on tbh. Rogue PvP might not be better but feral is tedious to play as it is half the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shjimm View Post
    im pretty sure you have been able to dispel ghost wolf for quite a long time?
    the game is 6 years, and as far as i know, you have only been avaible to do so for about 1 year(ish)

Question: is shapeshifted druids still immune to sheep?

Quote Originally Posted by shiftybear View Post
    Well there goes feral pvp. Now mages have absolutely no counters. THey are free to screw everyone with their 101 roots.
    Although its the wrong forum, i have no problem disposing with frost mages as a blood DK in arena. just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by ztreek View Post
    the game is 6 years, and as far as i know, you have only been avaible to do so for about 1 year(ish)
    It's been there since AT LEAST Draenei joined the alliance.

I remember being dispelled out of Ghost Wolf on my Draenei Shaman at level 20 something, and that was when BC first came out.

All the sudden, six years later, breaking roots is OP. Yeah okay. And I'm SO glad that they take the time to nerf cat form in PvP while nerfing every other specc at the same time. Cats weren't OP before with root breakage - why couldn't they fucking figure out where that came from? Because it wasn't from breaking roots.

If that change is indeed true then, for the very first time in 6 years, I'll consider swapping main char or leaving WoW.

With the berserk nerf I'll be a free kill for warlocks and priests, yes, I have Skull bash but they also have instant fears...
    And now I'll be a free kill for frost mages... because they, being the kings of overpowered classes, got buffed (...) and cried they couldn't stop a druid... Now it's gonna be somethin like, Frost nova, Ice Lance x2, Cone of cold, Ice Lance x2, Freeze, Ice Lance x2, Shatter Barrier (though this one won't be caused by us), Ice lance x 2... They'll be able to get a Perfect on us.
    Not to talk about Resto Druids and, Cyclone x3, Hibernate x3, Root x3, rinse and repeat...
    Or maybe Hunters, trap, scatter shot, scare beast, trap, scare beast, scatter again...

Then somebody will say: "but you can heal yourself"... I'm pretty sure we're the hybrid spec with less healing potential of the game. "but you can go bear form..." yeah, but I'm still rooted, slept, feared...

I know a warrior may complain about being rooted but at least he is being healed through Second Wing, and have ways in each tree to break the root or even silence their targets. Rogues can cloak+vanish and start over again, enhancement have talented earthbind totem and can counter spell casts on them, paladins still have divine protection...

I could continue with every class and spec, but... ferals? if this goes live what will I do when I'm rooted? Do I pick some popcorns and enjoy my own carnage? No thanks.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok i saw that and thought fuck this, they have totaly gone too far, they have now taken away pretty much everything druids had, crazy health pools, nerfed, self maintanence, give it to everyone else, and shifting out of roots is one of th ebiggest things about feral, adn all the idiots saying how it makes us balanced, you clearly dont have a fucking clue what your talking about,ferals have been underpowerd for so dam long, most of the way through the whole game, and to take that away too, i really think thats probaly the last straw for me

Yes, "MEMAD"

Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao View Post
    I could continue with every class and spec, but... ferals? if this goes live what will I do when I'm rooted? Do I pick some popcorns and enjoy my own carnage? No thanks.

you deal with it like every other melee class does, you stand there and die to the mage. earthbind totem talent removes snares not roots, kind of like your shapeshift. (balanced)

Deleted
    yey another thread.. everyone seems to be getting stuff changed
    people should just accept it. this patch a nerf other patch a buff rinse and repeat

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ilver View Post
    MOAAAR DRAMA PLX!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feral is dead. ROFL. Plx stop exaggerating. >.>