Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by breseis View Post
    As we all know Disc is pretty much *bent over* and given the bad rod where the sun dont shine with this expansion so far. Well since our shields absorb for crap and our output is nowhere near paladins or druid or well ANY other healing class it is pretty much useless to bring us once again.
    Before we get on topic...no where near Druid? We blow Druids and Shamans out of the water (which is getting some attention in the next patch) and we are on par with Holy Priests in most fights (we surpass them in some and they surpass us in others, but it's usually close). Paladins, they are another story, but even I can beat them sometimes or at least ride their coat tails for the entire fight. Priests, both specs, are in a very nice position right now and with the Discipline buffs coming down the pipe soon, things are only getting better.

Now more on topic...

You can't really expect much DPS from a healing spec. It's not realistic or reasonable for your guild officers to ask this of you.

The best you can do is have 2/2 Train of Thought, Holy Fire > Smite while DoT is up > Penance on CD. Do that while never letting your DoTs drop off for long.

Now, if you plan to stick with this you need to spec like this - http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bfGR0RsbcRbo0hZG00b

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

15+ Year Old Account
    PoH is getting nerfed as well next patch
    No, it's not. The direct heal part is nerfed, while the DA part is boosted.
    Also, the whole thread is a QQbait, it's all horrible. Disc is fine. When I read the part "guild wants me to raid on dps spot" I really wanted to palm my face, but I'm eating hotdog.
    Last edited by Zka; 2011-01-13 at 11:34 AM.

there is one fight, where smiting is really nice...
    halfus wyrmbreaker, try it, it´s funny how u are first in healing and have also 10k dps at least.
    but, yeah, don´t start to smite to early on in the fight, your tank would be angry if u dps and he is dead

As we all know Disc is pretty much *bent over* and given the bad rod where the sun dont shine with this expansion so far. Well since our shields absorb for crap and our output is nowhere near paladins or druid or well ANY other healing class it is pretty much useless to bring us once again.
    I see two solutions for you. First is reroll second is play hello kitty instead of wow.
    Discipline is perfectly viable in raids and in heroics. If you cant beat shamans, druids or even holy priests on some fights, then its you who fails, not the class.
    Check WOL logs and ranks sometime, see how disc can do everything but holy palas (on certain fights even them). How is it possible that the spec works so well for all those ppl but you?

Shields being crap? Hint: priests have more healing tools then any other class. Those are in your spellbook. Go look!

Bringing disc instead of a dps is just silly.

Deleted
    What babylon said. Discipline priests are okay at the moment, I haven't found any boss on which I'd be behind other healers, I'm actually often top one - sometimes we all fall behind holy paladin a bit, sometimes like on Omnotron I'm the first even by 8% of healing.
    Discipline can actually do every job he needs to, which is even bigger plus on bosses that have different phases - sometimes heavy AoE dmg, sometimes heavy tank damage.

Overview: (So far I'm 9/12, so can't tell more)
    Conclave - If you get to healing Blitz, you are best one to do this job. PW:B = win.
    Omnotron - Your PoHs on Security Measure are great, same as your PW:B.
    Magmaw - Read Omnotron, replace Measure with Fire Spray.
    Maloriak - PW:B for red phase, other than that you are singletarget healing which is your top ability.
    Atremedes - This is probably only boss on which I'm switching to holy when we have no holy priest. Body and Soul is way too OP here.
    Chimaeron - Did somebody say PW:B and stacking Aegises on Feud?
    Halfus - Lolsmites
    Valiona - Nothing special here, but you certainly won't fall behind. (If you know what to do.)
    Ascendant Council - Flame Aegis and last phase are your playground, enjoy it.

On all those fights you can heal your tanks without any problem.

Like others said discipline priests are okay at the moment and you shouldn't have any problems keeping up with shamans and druids. In my opinion the optimal role for a disc priest atm (so before the 4.0.6. changes) is a raid healer supporting the tank(s), or worded differently, a tank healer supporting the raid.

Not enough to dethrone it as your best heal as Discipline. It would need another 25% nerf on top of the 15% nerf to do that. Especially when the new crit scaling is considered. If your hit is 8k + 3k shield, your crit will now be 12k + 7k with PoH. That's right, on 5 targets that would be 60k + 12k HoT + 35k shield if you got 5 crits. PoH is going to suck so bad. We should just take it off our bars......

The rotation ive been using is kind of wierd....

See they dont want me to use anything other than smite and my dots...

Ive got both smite glyphs and have 0 hit

If you would like you could look my character up on armory....
    Get the glyph that increases all smite dmg by 10% if holy fire is up and use that.. It has a cooldown so just use it to keep the dot up.. 10% dmg is alot

Well thank you everyone for posting on this...I do want you to keep in mind I have not healed a raid yet. Ive only been in a dps smite spec. I may for tonight if I am taken again just do the Smite x5 (if + Gheal + POH) and just heal normally. I not sure what the numbers are to be exact so I may have exagerated a bit but coming fresh out of heroics and seeing how other classes have healed, and how some have well.....excelled beyond their normal limits my knowledge is still pretty limited. Tonight is night 3 so I am hoping for a good night and I can heal away like normal.

Raid healing would be alright. I am fine with anything in all honesty. I just dont like the whole Idea of DPS Smite spec for quick melee heals all the time. Halfus is fine, magmaw is fine as well. I will see what they have to say tonight

Thank you Spiritus that would be great. I am just in a rut now. I dont know what to do. I want to heal I enjoy healing and have been doing so for 6 years but honestly....I feel useless right now.
    As promised: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...9#post10095609

Quote Originally Posted by sandini View Post
    there is one fight, where smiting is really nice...
    halfus wyrmbreaker, try it, it´s funny how u are first in healing and have also 10k dps at least.
    but, yeah, don´t start to smite to early on in the fight, your tank would be angry if u dps and he is dead
    Halfus is only good for disc in Hardmode, easy (normal) mode disc does just fine.
    And its only easier with the attonment spec, not the normal raid spec.

I am 10/12 atm, and so far, Atramedes on learning holy is better, but once raid knows the fight, disc is better.
    Al'Akir is easier on holy imo, but i have only killed it once, but from the 30+ attempts, holy was easier then disc after trying both.

Not necessarily as grace is going to be proccing off Prayer of Healing.

"Gearscore is like a bikini, what it shows is suggestive, what it hides is far more important!"

Deleted
    I think the disc smite healer has i place when encounters need more then 2 Healers, but less then 3.

You dont pull out the 8-11 k HPS from a normal healer, but you make your totally fine 5-7 k HPS and in addition 7-9k DPS.

Plus your DMG reduction (Pain Supression and shields)

Lets put some Math in.

10 Man raid, Normal Setup:
    2 Tanks 7k DPS each
    5 DDs 12k DPS each
    3 Healer 0k DPS each but 10 k HPS
    = 74 k DPS + 30 HPS

10 Man smiter raid
    2 Tanks 7k DPS each
    4 DDs 12k DPS each
    4 Smiter 6k DPS and 6k HPS
    =86k DPS and 24k HPS

Yea.... join a better guild O.o