Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnomity View Post
    Have you played on the PTR and experienced these, or are you just commenting on the patch notes? K, thats what I thought, wait to complain until you try it. Mages saw nerfs, along with a lot of other classes in .06, so chillout.

Edit: no pun intended
    I do have a mage and a priest on the PTR. Mages are still in a great place, they just need to be a little bit more timely with the ice lance spam and use frost bolt instead of icelance spam and the dmg has actually gone up if you do it correctly. The RoF nerf is nothing, a well placed RoF is still a insane spell for stopping some1 from interrupting your evo, eating, or getting around a corner or piller.

The priest buff was a little too good with all the immunes but now that they took that all away we are still super easy to kill with 0 mobility. any class with a snare, root, or slow can lock us down and just beat away. the bubble stays up for 1-2 more white hits but after that its back to free HK's. The 15sec immunity was not the answer, but taking us back to how we were clearly is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    And mastery still works with actually frozen targets and frostbolt. Shatter also gives a 20% buff to actually frozen targets on frostbolt. It'll hit like a truck, people will cry, business as usual. Throwing frostbolts into deep freeze has made more sense than ice lances since the shatter change happened. In this regard it'll be the same as ice lance's change. We lost 15% on mastery, gained 15% elsewhere. Frostbolt will still be the heavy hitter.
    Do you Read at all? A frost mage Mastery increases damage to frozen targets, to reduce that and make frostbolt more powerful then any spell used on a "frozen" target, negates the importance of a mastery. Not to mention that Mastery is already a broken frost PvE stat, even before they even come out with the next patch. Why you ask, well as most of us who play Wow know,bosses in both dungeons and raids are immune to any type of CC. That means NO freezing the boss and "no burst damage"!

Quote Originally Posted by Nielah View Post
    During WoTLK mages were using a third (1/3) PvE gear in arenas, because they were able to (Ofcourse I'am now talking about the above average player).
    Now, I see alot of them wearing more than a third, just to peak the damage out during that first wave of CC and deep freezes.
    I usually don't cry about things, but this is getting too much like season five and Death Knights.
    If anyone at blizzard HQs remember that season, which made the playerbase change classes/end subscriptions/start hating world of warcraft.
    I don't see that at all tbh. I'm wearing two pieces of pvp, the volcano card and eng helmet. As soon as I replace the gloves im getting the vic helmet. Resilience is your best stat as a mage atm, esp when considering that most teams over 2k are training us pretty hard now. Mages are easily one of the squishiest classes in the game now when you are on them so I don't see how you are having so many problems from a pve geared mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Papasmirf View Post
    Do you Read at all? A frost mage Mastery increases damage to frozen targets, to reduce that and make frostbolt more powerful then any spell used on a "frozen" target, negates the importance of a mastery. Not to mention that Mastery is already a broken frost PvE stat, even before they even come out with the next patch. Why you ask, well as most of us who play Wow know,bosses in both dungeons and raids are immune to any type of CC. That means NO freezing the boss and "no burst damage"!
    Last I recall, mastery works on bosses in dungeons and raids because of this talent:

Fingers of Frost - Gives your Chill effects a 20% chance to grant you the Fingers of Frost effect, which causes your next Ice Lance or Deep Freeze spell to act as if your target were frozen. Fingers of Frost can accumulate up to 2 charges and lasts 15 sec.

15+ Year Old Account
    Misinformation in original post will not lead to productive conversation. Locking.