Thread: Strats for SC2

Strats for SC2

So, i just bought sc2 (finally) and ive been trying my hand at online. I played it beta, and got pretty decent at it, but that was way back when and i cant remember anything now.

Ive prefer protoss, but i think they might be the harder of the three races to be good at. I would imagine they would be decent if i had a good partner. So basically my whole point to making this thread is:
    Does anyone have some good strats to use for sc2 multiplayer?

(also, if anyone wants to play, PM me.)

thanks for the help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Congratulations for finding a use for expendable casuals.

zerg : 14 hatch into 13/14 pool into muta/ling/baneling

protoss : 2/3 gate robo, forge fe, 3gate expo

terran : 2 rax vs zerg fe, 1/1/1 (barracks > factory > starport) transition into counter, marine tank ( owns zerg )
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

www.teamliquid.net - all your questions answered.
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

My main race choice is zerg, I am rank 3 platinum league.

I prefer to 10 pool, pop an extra drone back up to 10, pop an overlord, wait for spawning pool to finish then pop 6 lings and a queen. That is how I scout at start. If they did not get D quick the lings will pack a punch and I will pop a bunch more to finish them off . If not they either do some hurt and back off while getting me info on what I should expect or start pounding down the back door if there is one or get on the sight beacons. From that point it is pick the appropriate counter and if I can't get info to tell pick what is most common. Spread if I don't think they are going to rush. Thats the basic gist of my strat, either get them with their pants down or good scouting and counter.

Oh and if they are building a strong front door check to see if you can worm in. Thats always fun.
    Last edited by xJoe3x; 2011-01-13 at 07:45 AM.

Deleted
    I've been playing SC2 a lot recently. I'm still pretty crap at it, but I have come to realise the following:
    First, none of the races are significantally harder to play. I'm playing Protoss because I generally pefer it at the moment.
    Second, having a bigger well rounded army than your opponent is better than pointless harassment.
    This is all I have managed to realise though. The Day9 videos have been useful, but beyond that, I'm still stuck in bronze league (although I'm winning more games now).

Anyway, going to keep an eye on this thread and see if you guys come up with something useful. =D

- Dark

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...opic_id=104154 - the Day[9] Daily.

If I had to recommend a single source out of all of the SC2 knowledge to improve your game, I'd recommend that.

Day[9] talks about a lot of really key concepts, like making sure your eyes and hands are doing different things to maximize your actions, about making meaningful choices, and about committing to an attack. Specifically, I'd recommend the Newbie Tuesday segments, where he covers common mistakes of new players, and makes suggestions about how to rise in the ladder system.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

The only post in this thread that aint retarded is the one by Simca :|

Don't flame people. -3clipse
    Last edited by 3clipse; 2011-01-18 at 08:17 PM.

Just play Protoss and 4 gate -- Artosis agrees easiest way to get Diamond!

Seriously though, lots of different builds. Team Liquid is the obvious resource to use here. Pick a part some replays if you find any good ones on their site. As far as difficulty goes they are probably the easiest as of right now -- Zerg is having a real hard time especially against Protoss.