Deleted

Engineering back as top profession again?

Hey.
    I just read the patch notes from PTR, and i found something interessting about engineers.

"Synapse Springs now increase Agility, Strength, or Intellect (whichever is highest for the character)."
    And if you can't remember what these "Synapse Springs" are, here : wowhead.com/spell=82175/synapse-springs

It's a 480stat on use that lasts for 12 seconds with a 60sec cooldown.
    And i attempted some basic math to figure out how much we would gain from this.

(480*12)/60=96

So yea, a 96 stat bonus - and that's either Strength, Agility or Intellect - whichever is highest.
    And the effect can ofc be better if used together with other cooldowns/trinkets.
    And the other professions generally only provide their 80 stat?

Deleted
    maybe because static stats are stronger?

If you want to use it at the best moment, waiting for a proc, etc, it will be a lot more useful. But you may not exactly use it every cd like you can by using it via a macro.

Deleted
    Why are the static stats stronger?
    If you don't feel like you're able to make the right decision about waiting for a proc/timing it with a trinket or so - you could just have it bound to your main abilities to make it go off everytime it comes off cooldown?

I know that it will only be active during the first 12 seconds of a fight and inactive for the next 48.
    That might pull it down on a boss fight that's going to last. 5 minutes 56 seconds? But i don't have the time/will/desire to calcuate when you'll be losing damage and how long a boss fight has to last corresponding to how much damage you will lose.

Deleted
    Static stats are stronger because you have them all the time => solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Klesken View Post
    Static stats are stronger because you have them all the time => solved.
    Static stats are weaker because you don't have the bonus when it really matters. Popping it on cooldown (worst case basically) would make it equal on average. Popping it with cooldowns that you control makes procs > static. This isn't really a debatable thing. A controlled proc will always be better, assuming you know how to use it. Static is just for people who can't be bothered to pop it.

I wonder if it's better than Hyperspeed Accelerators for rogues now. :P
    uǝʞoɹq sı ɹǝʇndɯoɔ ʎɯ ʞuıɥʇ ı

It makes me so very, very happy. I won't have to drop Engineering once I outgear the helm for a profession that actually gives me DPS anymore. I have no idea why it wasn't exactly like this in the first place. While not nearly as interesting as rocket boosts (R.I.P.) were, a straight up stat increase is more than acceptable to fix engineering for non-casters.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2011-01-13 at 01:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumbaclot View Post
    I wonder if it's better than Hyperspeed Accelerators for rogues now. :P
    it is. Agi is BiS stat for rogues, haste is 2nd, or 3rd, depends on gear lvl, but Agi tops all other.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryonnen View Post
    it is. Agi is BiS stat for rogues, haste is 2nd, or 3rd, depends on gear lvl, but Agi tops all other.
    Oh damn! I just realized it increases Agi by 480! In my lazyness and sleepy-headedness I had read it boosted our Agi by 96 on each proc. XD
    uǝʞoɹq sı ɹǝʇndɯoɔ ʎɯ ʞuıɥʇ ı

Quote Originally Posted by Ryonnen View Post
    Agi>hitcap>mastery>haste. At least for Assassination.