Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

WTB protection from guild runs

I have a good guess that many have been kicked out of a 5man instance by some guild runs, it doesnt matter whether your right or wrong, if the guildie acts like a idiot, or keeps making mistakes they always blame the none guild players, if you just look at them wrong they kick you for that.

Today I've done 4 runs and out of 2 of them I got kicked becouse I merely sugested the players from the that guild run what to do, and after the boss was dead I got kicked out of the group and I was toping recount with damage/dps plus I was doing my job of interupting "Pain and Suffering" in SFK(1st boss). Oh not to mention the 40 mins wait time!

Seriously wahts the problem with people and the way they act, worst part is that type of behaviour is mostely found in guild runs......

P.S. This isnt a QQ post just hoping that Blizzard notices this prob and actualy does something about it.

Deleted
    And what are they gonna do about it? The problem isn't guild runs, it's idiots being idiots. Me and a few of my guildies often use LFG together and while we can certainly kick a lot of people, we only kick bads. (Come on, Mage doing 6k on a boss during BL at 85? Stop using arcane spec and learn to play). Even if we're 4 and there's a lone LFG member, we wouldn't kick him unless he did a really bad job. I would think the vast majorities of guild runs have the same perspective: they use LFG to get the last members needed and they don't WANT to kick since there's a chance the next player will be a bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad luck for you.
    When me and my guild needs to take pug, we never kick person without good reason.
    Like dying for standing in a fire (too many times), low dps (In good gear btw, If they have bad gear we don't care).

But I agree with OP.
    P.S. I don't think Blizzard reads this forum .

Why wouldn't you just join a guild yourself?

We've maybe once used the kick feature during a guild run, and that person was rude and had no idea how to act with other people or play his character.

That's a very extreme case. Usually we get people who either do as their told and run along without participating much, or people who take part in our chat and are a delight to play with, even for just that one dungeon.

I mostly run with either a whole group of guildies or 3-4 from guild, and only rarely with another guildie or alone, because I find it much easier that way. They know how I like things done and I know how they like it. Pug groups usually have very bad communication because of either behavioral or language problems.

Kicking people for no reason or for made up reasons is really not just a guild group issue. I've seen so many narrowminded people and so many who are too easily influenced and never think for themselves.

While i do agree that Kick has to be looked at in the LFG tool, the tool is there for kicking baddies and people going afk, offline or simply not in the dungeon.
    How to fix this "kick" function from being abused by 4 friends or guildies seems to me very hard without limiting the kicks per day and that again can backfire if you meet a very large number of morons and people ignoring all forms of help and suggestions from other players.

You sure you're telling the whole story? I feel you could have been kicked for something else like being rude/mean. You might not have been aware that you were being either of those but its a possibility.

Deleted
    Blatent abuse of the LFG by people like this should give them a dungeon deserter debuff or something similar. What I mean about blatent abuse is something like kicking a dps who has waited 40min from a group before the run has even started because he is the same class as one of the guildies and the guildies don't want anyone taking loot away from them.

Idiots will always be idiots, you don't have to be from a guild to initiate v2k.

However, if you're being kicked as often as you suggest, then maybe its because you're being to aggressive in party chat. The people that are likely to make these threads stating that they were doing the best in the party, are those that are most likely to make a fuss in chat. There's no reason for you being kicked if you're friendly and pulling your own weight, because the odds are that requeuing is just going to get a worse player in instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Radodajka View Post
    I have a good guess that many have been kicked out of a 5man instance by some guild runs, it doesnt matter whether your right or wrong, if the guildie acts like a idiot, or keeps making mistakes they always blame the none guild players, if you just look at them wrong they kick you for that.

Today I've done 4 runs and out of 2 of them I got kicked becouse I merely sugested the players from the that guild run what to do, and after the boss was dead I got kicked out of the group and I was toping recount with damage/dps plus I was doing my job of interupting "Pain and Suffering" in SFK(1st boss). Oh not to mention the 40 mins wait time!

Seriously wahts the problem with people and the way they act, worst part is that type of behaviour is mostely found in guild runs......

P.S. This isnt a QQ post just hoping that Blizzard notices this prob and actualy does something about it.
    You're not supposed to interrupt Pain and Suffering. It does almost no damage and keeps boss from meleeing or casting other spells. Plus it can be dispelled by the healer if he feels its needed. If you were insisting on interrupting it they had ample reason to kick you.

EDIT: As someone said, guild groups does not kick players just for fun or for no reason. If you don't give them a reason to kick you they won't. Being low on dps is usually not the reason unless the group as a whole has problems because of low dps.
    Last edited by MatsT; 2011-01-13 at 12:21 PM.

What if they really needed a CC? But yeah being kicked during the run for no reason - very rude. We don't do that, only complete jerks would. And karma always comes around. Maybe that guild is on your server.

I just wish me and my Guild group could kick more than one retard per run.

The number of times we've kicked one person who simply shouldn't have the right to live and immediately got someone even worse is just boggling.

Best example I can think of... we get H Grim Batol with a pugged DK tank. This DK is in full DPS gear, in a good tanking spec. We ask him to put on his Tank gear and he tells us "Lol, I don't have any. I just wanted a faster queue. Besides, I have extra armor from Blood Presence, we'll be fine." He then rushes in and pulls the first group before we're ready and gets squashed immediately.

He spends the next minute bitching at the healer for being a noob while we all laugh in Vent. He comes back in, eats, and pulls again without a word. He dies again, so we kick him.

10 minutes later, we get another tank. A Boomkin. A Boomkin who ports into the instance and goes afk, coming back every minute or so to spam lol's at us.

"You cannot initiate any more party kicks" can sometimes be the single most infuriating thing in this game.

Just yesterday in a 4/5 guild run we kicked the fifth person because another guildy wanted in on the run.

If you don't like it, tough. Either join a guild yourself and run with them, or deal with the occasional kick. It's still a lot faster than daring to bother with silly concepts like finding a full group yourself and actually running to the instance. One of the best parts of running a mostly guild group in LFD is being able to kick retards for broader reasons than some pugs would agree with.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by MatsT View Post
    You're not supposed to interrupt Pain and Suffering. It does almost no damage and keeps boss from meleeing or casting other spells. Plus it can be dispelled by the healer if he feels its needed. If you were insisting on interrupting it they had ample reason to kick you.

EDIT: As someone said, guild groups does not kick players just for fun or for no reason. If you don't give them a reason to kick you they won't. Being low on dps is usually not the reason unless the group as a whole has problems because of low dps.
    Please tell me you're joking right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ishara View Post
    Please tell me you're joking right?
    He's not and I'm not when I say that I've done it plenty of times myself. For no reason whatsoever other than bringing the guildie in to get his Valor points instead of that guy. That said, it happens on rare occasion that we actually have a PUG in the group because there's no reason for us to do anymore than one run a day.

As one of the tanks in the guild, I've yet to run a heroic with less than 2 other people from my guild (I'm sure I'm not the only one) which is probably why DPS queues are 40+ minutes.

Me and my some of my other guildies who are known to stay up into the wee hours of the morning usually do randoms with our 4 of us and will kick the dps we end up pugging every time as a sort of public education service. If we kicked enough people like the OP and make them wait another 40 mins in que it might eventually inspire them to get a guild of their own so they can kick pugs instead of being the one kicked
    Quote Originally Posted by John Silver
    "Now, you listen to me, James Hawkins. You got the makings of greatness in you, but you got to take the helm and chart your own course. Stick to it, no matter the squalls! And when the time comes you get the chance to really test the cut of your sails, and show what you're made of! Well, I hope I'm there, catching some of the light coming off you that day."

As said, get a guild or friends your self.. Role a tank or healer so you don't have to wait for these "40 min queues!1!!1!"

I don't know about you, but this is why I'm in a guild. You should try to find one instead of waiting 40 minutes knowing you might get kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Zamiel View Post
    Me and my some of my other guildies who are known to stay up into the wee hours of the morning usually do randoms with our 4 of us and will kick the dps we end up pugging every time as a sort of public education service. If we kicked enough people like the OP and make them wait another 40 mins in que it might eventually inspire them to get a guild of their own so they can kick pugs instead of being the one kicked
    I like your style.

If, in the rare occasion, I'm forced to do my daily by myself with no guildies, I'll spam decline my instant tank queues until I get a dungeon in progress. More times than not, they're more than halfway through the run and when I zone in in some raid gear people tend to listen to what I tell them to do and it makes the run go much smoother.