Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    Well then, my story. Usually we run guild runs just because pugging tanks and healers is risky and it takes time, vent is another plus. Now, i haven't kicked anyone up until yesterday. We are at first Boss BRC, three guildies and 2 randoms tank n dps. We engage boss pew pew - random dps dies at skullcraker - we CR him - he dies again - i vote kick him, while fighting the boss and being the healer:P, reason Dickhead - We q again for another dps while still fighting the boss - a retradin comes - he dies from skullcraker - i kick again, reason dickhead 2 - finally a dps with both hands on keyboard comes and we kill the boss. So from my point of view and experience, most(that dosen't mean all) ppl getting kicked at 5 mans just plainly suck...
    Why post blatant lies? You can't kick while in combat. Thus you can't kick while still fighting the boss. /sigh

Edit: oh yea, and half this thread is about how you can't kick 2 people. Jesus dude...
    Last edited by Cactrot; 2011-01-14 at 02:38 AM.

Deleted
    This bugs me too. I've been booted from a few guild runs for doing absolutely nothing wrong- worst case I got was I ported into a BRC pug with a group of guildies from my own server, several of whom I actually knew personally/were friends of friends. They don't break the chains on the first boss fast enough so we wipe from the skullcracker, I get the blame, they call me a noob and boot me out of the group while hurling more insults.

But recently I joined a new guild. Got invited to raid with them and I thought, "hey... these guys seem decent!". Did a random heroic with them the night before and it went really well. Did heroic deadmines today and finally completed it (LFD groups had never got my passed Ripsnarl and I was too shy of my abilities to join guild runs in my old run). I get invited to a guild run again later tonight while I'm doing Archaeology but it's people I hadn't ran with before- a different tank and a DPS I'd never even spoken to in /g and the priest from the deadmines. We get a random healer from LFD and it's HoO.

Cool- I like HoO, I know what I'm doing, it's relatively simple when a group works well and we begin to go. Firstly the priest doesn't follow CC instructions (They MC the sheep target and we end up wiping on the first trash mob). We get to Anhuur and the tank insists that we split the levers, I ask him if I can not do a lever so that I can get a headstart running up the stairs to CS the hymn. He flat out says no and says that if I don't take the lever we'll just need a healer more. So I take my lever but snakes are everywhere because the guy I got paired with couldn't hold them all and we die because I die from snake attack while pulling levers.
    They blame the healer in /g.
    I ask them if we can do the "all on one lever" method to save another wipe and so the hymn can be countered quicker. The healer agrees with me. We both get snarked at and called stupid because apparently our method is retarded and we'll just gather more snakes and take more damage if we all go together.
    Again we wipe- can't remember the reason but it certainly wasn't the healers fault.
    They bitch about the healer in /g again.
    Same story happens again and they kick off about it being the healer's fault, but when I try to suggest a different tactic again I get shouted down because their methods are right and I'm wrong.
    Wipe happens because they pull all the snakes up (at almost full health while they're at half health due to the hymn) and people die from them again and they vote to kick the healer after raging in chat some more, "Reason to boot noob is obvious"- I vote no but the vote passes.

Getting a guild isn't the one and only answer to the problem, I'm always horribly shy with agreeing to guild runs as I don't want to make a bad impression so I tend to stick to the LFD. A lot of the time it seems, to me, that the pug member gets blamed for the guild group's shortcomings when they don't want to blame one of their own :/

Quote Originally Posted by unconnected View Post
    Haha! I don't know about you, but there is no way I'm going to risk a wipe by relying on baddy dps to interupt if I can simply drop a dispell on someone instead.
    I didn't say you should rely on DPS interrupting it, I said they should always interrupt it. If they don't interrupt it, I of course dispel it, but it can be interrupted before the DoT is applied and before the target takes damage. With good DPS you will never see it pop up on Decursive/healbot/whatever.