Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

"You cannot initiate any more party kicks"

The title says it all, I'll try not to turn this into a massive QQ thread although it really does push some buttons.
    This has some ridiculously long timer attached before you can proceed to kicking another player, who is either completely AFK and just refusing to leave or just not pulling their weight and refusing to leave. (Multiple sub 2k dps Kings)

There is a plethora of situations where you need to kick more than 1 player, why should it be capped at one?
    I know there will be both sides of the story - Abuse of kicking system, Kicked for no reason etc, but really, 90% you're kicked for a reason and generally it would be a half decent one, you may just not understand due to lack of game knowledge and not actually realize what you have done wrong. But then again i know that I've seen people get kicked for no reason at all, like telling a group to walk around the trash before Crocodile boss in Lost City etc.

All i'm really looking for is for some internet magic to brainstorm some ideas to fix such a bothersome issue which i haven't really seen brought up thoroughly before.
    Thanks for spending the time to read this.

Deleted
    Yeah, I've been QQing about this for a while as well. It's really annoying to be forced to play with a crappy player who has no idea what to do and who might wipe you just because your kick is on cooldown. Sorry Blizzard, bad players aren't on cooldown so don't put our only defence on it!

99% of all statistics are made up (like mine ofc) but i think it is abused more than it is used properly

I am the Warrior. Death is my business. Be it yours...or mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    "This player cannot be kicked for another 40 minutes" for a normal WotLK dungeon is nice too, as before you can vote kick them, you've finished the dungeon already...

Atleast let us kick AFk/DC players without a cooldown...

Quote Originally Posted by warlocx View Post
    Atleast let us kick AFk/DC players without a cooldown...
    You can kick the player if they are offline, even though you had kicked one before. However, AFK is another story.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    You probably get that because you kick people too often.
    If the players were at least participating in the Heroic then it would be a lot less rage worthy, but they can just sit in Org or go do dailies for as long as they want, because the option to kick a second player just never returns and they clearly are too narcissistic to care about wasting the time of others.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    if you are afk in an battleground you get kicked out, why can't we kick someone out in an instance

A DPS war got kicked from one of my heroics today, I voted no, but everyone else voted yea. Apparently his 6k dps on a boss that is annoying for melee was too low, despite getting 10k average dps for the whole instance. The replacement was a boomchicken that only got 5k and wiped us a few times after that boss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    Yeah, I've been QQing about this for a while as well. It's really annoying to be forced to play with a crappy player who has no idea what to do and who might wipe you just because your kick is on cooldown. Sorry Blizzard, bad players aren't on cooldown so don't put our only defence on it!
    Just because someone doesnt know what to do does not mean they are a bad player. It means they are inexperienced of that particular fight, iv come across plenty of players in pug runs that know what to do, ie they dont fail on the mechanics of the fight but they do very little dps or act very ineffective.

How about putting the elitist e-peen down and helping people understand boss fights rather than kicking at the first sign of inexperience?

I never have or never would kick someone if they say "hold up guys, sorry im unsure of the tactics here, can someone just refresh" or some variation of that line... And it really annoys me when iv been in pugs and random deeps have been kick for the above reason.

however I will admit that I not willing to wipe on the same encounter for an hour after explaining to someone once or twice and they still just dont get the fight. My usual response at that stage is "sorry buddy but you just arent getting it, going to have to replace you, go and watch some videos and good luck"

At the end of the day it costs NOTHING to be polite to someone. people dont pay £10 a month for this game to be abuseD... QQ nub zomg L2P scrub go play hello kitty island adventure QQ

Deleted
    I think a lot of people abuse the "Vote to kick" button in random heroics, especially if you're part of a PuG.

In some of my situations we may progress through trash (nobody have fallen nor made a mistake) and the second after the next pack has been finished off the Feral Druid would go on and kick the Rogue for no reason.
    If it's prevented, the kick, I always make sure the person who was about to be kicked, was bound to be kicked for no reason (This have never brought up a kick on me).

Sum: A lot of people abuse the kick, and you could vote for having the ability to kick extra people, but A LOT of people is using it for them to have a second chance at gear (like the Feral using the same gear as the Rogue) -93sika

Quote Originally Posted by 93sika View Post
    I think a lot of people abuse the "Vote to kick" button in random heroics, especially if you're part of a PuG.
    Yeah this does happen often and it is bad, but we at least need a way to kick a second person if they are AFK and not participating in the instance at all.
    That's more what i'm aiming at for the future, it would be far too hard to stop people kicking others for disgusting reasons without removing kick in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Purno View Post
    "This player cannot be kicked for another 40 minutes" for a normal WotLK dungeon is nice too, as before you can vote kick them, you've finished the dungeon already...
    40 minutes? Jesus, you must be pretty kick happy. I'm annoyed if mines up to 11 minutes. You know for people who kick constantly it takes longer before you're allowed to kick, right?

cant fix the problem, i must admit the system is rather broken at the moment
    however, that said, you can help yourself by doing a few things, mostly involving not initiating kicking anyone urself

first of all, asking someone to drop grp sometimes works, not always, but sometimes
    if they know they are likely to get kicked later on, especially before a boss they may be hunting, its a waste of time for them to stay
    the faster they leave, the faster they can get back in the heroic queue (or the reg dungeon queue, where they belong but wont go)

OR get anyone else in the run to initiate the vote kick for you
    u can just say: i cant kick this guy for another 40 mins OR i cannot initiate any more kicks, can someone else initiate the vkick?

of course, this isnt always going to work, but try it, just as long as ur not all like ZOMG SOMEONE KICK THIS NOOOOB

i find that simple concise calm statements work best, such as (only ONE, not spam)
    you are obviously cheating the ilvl, 3k dps is not acceptable
    you are not geared enough for this, with all those greens, go back to regular dungeons please
    please leave so the rest of us can clear this place properly
    as long as ur not raging, ppl will tend to agree with you if its obviously true (i.e tanks in dps gear, healers with +hit, fail dps, standing in fire etc...)

the less you kick ppl over time, the shorter your cooldown gets
    so wen you really REALLY need to get rid of someone, i.e. everyone else has used their Vkicks, you CAN!

P.S., dont ever kick anyone that asks to be kicked, dumba$$ deserves the debuff

REMEMBER: odds are, the next person added to the grp will be WORSE than the last one
    so think about it first, are they REALLY doing that badly? it can and WILL get worse very quickly depending on who you get in
    and if youve vote kicked a mediocre player who stood in the fire once, and gotten an asshole who bodypulls, NOW you cant kick them for DOUBLE failpain XD
    Last edited by reverendball; 2011-01-13 at 01:41 PM.

Deleted
    This bugs me a loooooooot aswell when playing my alt. They should just do a timer or something after the first kick, would fix it. Like you can't kick someone for 5~ minutes.

I have a feeling that it bugs a lot of the times, if you try and kick someone straight after combat or too early into an instance then you won't be able to kick them(sometimes).

Quote Originally Posted by Sammii View Post
    There is a plethora of situations where you need to kick more than 1 player, why should it be capped at one?.
    There are very few situations where you NEED (cwidt?) to kick any player, unless you are running around like you're the king of the world and raging at your fellow players instead of helping them to improve. If it's up to me, the vote-kick system gets completely removed, because the danger of it being abused is way bigger than the benefit of it being used right.

Besides, if you do find yourself in a group with more than 1 player that doesn't contribute enough to your liking ALL THE TIME, it's probably you. If it happens once in a while, what stops you from leaving the group to make a group that suits your needs with guildies/people from tradechat (lol)?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciscero View Post
    Just because someone doesnt know what to do does not mean they are a bad player. It means they are inexperienced of that particular fight, iv come across plenty of players in pug runs that know what to do, ie they dont fail on the mechanics of the fight but they do very little dps or act very ineffective.

How about putting the elitist e-peen down and helping people understand boss fights rather than kicking at the first sign of inexperience?

I never have or never would kick someone if they say "hold up guys, sorry im unsure of the tactics here, can someone just refresh" or some variation of that line... And it really annoys me when iv been in pugs and random deeps have been kick for the above reason.

however I will admit that I not willing to wipe on the same encounter for an hour after explaining to someone once or twice and they still just dont get the fight. My usual response at that stage is "sorry buddy but you just arent getting it, going to have to replace you, go and watch some videos and good luck"

At the end of the day it costs NOTHING to be polite to someone. people dont pay £10 a month for this game to be abuseD... QQ nub zomg L2P scrub go play hello kitty island adventure QQ
    You seriously think that's the kind of people I'm talking about? First of all, the majority of players who have no idea what to do never admits it. The tank asks before he pulls "Does everyone know what do do?" and no one says anything. Good, we pull boss, a dps stands in fire and dies immediately. You tell him what to do, still no response, and try again. He dies again. Maybe you are the babysitter kind, but I'm not. If people can't be bothered to play through bosses in normal before going to HC or atleast let us know if they are inexperienced, I'm not going to let them train the boss with us. The bosses aren't hard enough to warrant several tries, before you get it.

So yeah, I don't kick people immediately for being inexperienced, I kick them for having horrible dps or no sense of tactics at all, or not following instructions. In fact, if I tell a bad dps to kill adds as soon as possible on a boss and they just nuke boss, I kick them even if we beat the boss. I don't mind people being bad as long as they try to improve, but they need to try.

---------- Post added 2011-01-13 at 02:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot View Post
    40 minutes? Jesus, you must be pretty kick happy. I'm annoyed if mines up to 11 minutes. You know for people who kick constantly it takes longer before you're allowed to kick, right?
    Problem is, there's no "constantly" about it. Kick once a LFG and you'll be up in 30 min+ in no-time.

Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    Problem is, there's no "constantly" about it. Kick once a LFG and you'll be up in 30 min+ in no-time.
    This is just straight out false. I kick people fairly regularly. Not constantly, but when someone obviously will hold a group back, I am more than happy to kick. The longest message I've gotten was 11 minutes. One kick sure as hell won't get you to 30+ minutes. I believe it's also based on ratio of dungeons with/without kicks. Maybe you need to run more to get it down or something, but it is not hard to avoid a 30 minute kick timer.

As I said before, if people are having to wait that long to kick people, they're probably kicking people way more often than is necessary.

There should be no limit on vote kick and you should be able to kick whenever. Its the group's decision and you can not deny it. It sucks when you can't kick the 3.5k person for another 15 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you get it if you kick to much.

I get it aswell
    Stockli = Me
    Bladefist = Home