Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't kick someone who doesn't know the instance. I mean really is it that hard to work with people to make them better? I don't care if you'll never see them again, you should do your part to help make the wow community a better place. If more people start making being nice the "norm" then the bad rap we have as a whole will slowly diminish and then players will be less inclined to act up.

My priest got kicked for asking the two rogues to stand behind the flayers in Stonecore (after they had nearly died the first time).

It was a guild group of 4.

Kick less.

Quote Originally Posted by thepreacher View Post
    My priest got kicked for asking the two rogues to stand behind the flayers in Stonecore (after they had nearly died the first time).

It was a guild group of 4.

Kick less.
    and you blame them?
    you should thank them
    Have Fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Yankhor View Post
    and you blame them?
    you should thank them
    Oh I was thankful. Just an example of people abusing the system

Serves the kick happy jerks right. Reserve the action only for dc, afk, or truly bad or morally devoid scumbags.
    If someone wipes the group, run back and discuss tactics. If someone happens to be a class you don't like give them a chance to prove its not the class its the player.

Deleted
    I think there is a bit of confusion between abusing the system and people behaving like sheep.

Abusing: a guild group of 3 or 4 chain kicking people who weren't in full epics
    Sheep: people just click yes to whatever vote kick dialogue box pops up

To counter the second, I think Blizz should make the votekick announced to the group, so the player being kicked knows he's about to be kicked and what for, a timer counting down from 10 before you can vote and finally a text box like the deletion confirmation ones, which you have to type CONFIRM or click cancel, so people just clicking to get rid of boxes/on autopilot will cancel the kick instead of just votekick the possibly innocent player. It also gives the person being kicked a last chance to plead his case before he's removed. If he's abusive, so what - he's just going to get more people to type CONFIRM in the box to shut him up and you can always report them if they're really abusive.

To counter the first, I think that parties composed of 3+ guildies or 3+ people who joined the LFD as a group should have the rules left as they are (but still with the changes above) and parties composed of players from completely different realms (i.e. no colusion) are given either limitless kicks, or at least more than 1 kick per instance, even if it's on a cd too.

Players who are outside the instance for longer than 5 minutes when the party is full (i.e. not penalising people questing while waiting for a replacement tank) should be automatically removed as you're never more than 5 minutes away from a repair npc and people afk or offline for longer than 5mins should generate an automatic votekick on themselves which can obviously be cancelled if people don't mind him/her being away.

Blizzard also need to work on a way to report what happened during a wipe in an easy to understand format. This would hopefully automatically identify especially poorly performing players which gives them the opportunity to improve and gives the rest of the party a clear indication of who fucked up. If someone fucked up 3 times in a row for the same reason in a LFD party (i.e. its disabled in guild runs), it should grant the party the option of a free votekick (or possibly even the choice of buffing that particular player with extra dmg mitigation, stamina or run speed for the next attempt).

Even if none of these suggestions made it into the game in any form, Blizzard surely need to realise it's unfair to make competent LFD groups carry crap players.

TL;DR: read the bold bits.

I don't run heroics to make friends. If someone is consistently dying to AOE or not pulling their weight at all, you're damn straight I'm going to do whatever I can to get rid of them. The LFD itself is not strict enough on the requirements needed to queue. You can easily pad your ilvl with gear in your bags you can't even wear.

Just now I ran a heroic with a warlock an DK from the same guild. Both of them did less dps than myself (the tank) and the DK died to AOE on every single boss fight. We kicked the warlock, and no one else could initiate a kick for the DK. He declined the role check every time, and decided to sit in the group and run his mouth until the rest of us decided to leave.

The amount of restrictions on the vote kick system need to be removed. If someone is terrible, they deserve to be kicked from the group. I'm tired of having to bail on groups due to it quickly becoming impossible to remove someone who downright refuses to participate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zshikara View Post
    Don't kick someone who doesn't know the instance. I mean really is it that hard to work with people to make them better? I don't care if you'll never see them again, you should do your part to help make the wow community a better place. If more people start making being nice the "norm" then the bad rap we have as a whole will slowly diminish and then players will be less inclined to act up.
    Why are they in a heroic version of an instance they have never played?

---------- Post added 2011-01-14 at 10:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssian View Post
    I don't run heroics to make friends. If someone is consistently dying to AOE or not pulling their weight at all, you're damn straight I'm going to do whatever I can to get rid of them. The LFD itself is not strict enough on the requirements needed to queue. You can easily pad your ilvl with gear in your bags you can't even wear.
    Nah, the average ilvl only counts gear you can in fact wear, plate won't help a mage get into a group. Unfortunately, cloth WILL count towards a tanks ilvl...

Deleted
    I also really want blizzard to fix a system where the person responsible for a wipe is shown, if a dps stands in aoe for example. However, I don't think it will help. It's very rare to be kicked for bullshit reasons (it happens to everyone, but it's still rare) and in those situations, it won't matter that the game clearly states you're right. Say you're in a group with 3 guildies who are horrible and can't play. You wipe 2 times and the game says the guildies are the source of the problem. You tell them to stop doing it wrong, they are still going to kick you regardless of the knowledge. Idiots will be idiots, assholes will be assholes.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yup.. always asking other people, i got a 40 min timer most of the time :P

Edit: Yeah I know I can be an arsehole sometimes ^^

Deleted
    I have a 45 minute kick timer ;D

OT: I've used a lot of dirty tricks to force people to "relog" only to kick them. It's evil. I know

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    hey that's a nice tip, thanks!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kicking someone once per dungeon? Wow, I would hate to get in a group w/ you. I have rarely had to use the vote-kick option. I have only had to use it mostly for dc's/afk's at the group's mutual decision. As the healer I reserve the right to tell someone to gtfo the fire bc it's my job to correct your mistakes. Usually, if you tell someone they are not up to par they will voluntarily leave. Sure, it may not be on the nicest of terms but there are other ways to negotiate poor players in dungeons such as talking to them.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but after asking the dk 5 times to interupt the boss i really cba to help that guy through the dungeon.
    CBA to waste my precious time on unneccesary wipes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GeaMyaLor View Post
    Kicking someone once per dungeon? Wow, I would hate to get in a group w/ you. I have rarely had to use the vote-kick option. I have only had to use it mostly for dc's/afk's at the group's mutual decision. As the healer I reserve the right to tell someone to gtfo the fire bc it's my job to correct your mistakes. Usually, if you tell someone they are not up to par they will voluntarily leave. Sure, it may not be on the nicest of terms but there are other ways to negotiate poor players in dungeons such as talking to them.
    I had no idea that was our job. If someone's standing in fire, I understand that he's a tough guy, living on the edge! Thus won't mind ending up kissing the floor.

I use atleast 2 kicks a dungeon, if the dungeon is too short for my kick to come off CD, I normally make people leave. I'm an ass to group with, but hey, I always get my valor points lol ;/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GeaMyaLor View Post
    You're a lucky guy. Telling someone to stop doing something wrong will often earn you a kick.

Quote Originally Posted by unconnected View Post
    make the votekick announced to the group, so the player being kicked knows he's about to be kicked and what for, a timer counting down from 10 before you can vote and finally a text box like the deletion confirmation ones, which you have to type CONFIRM or click cancel

parties composed of players from completely different realms (i.e. no colusion) are given either limitless kicks, or at least more than 1 kick per instance, even if it's on a cd too.

Players who are outside the instance for longer than 5 minutes when the party is full (i.e. not penalising people questing while waiting for a replacement tank) should be automatically removed

people afk or offline for longer than 5mins should generate an automatic votekick

Even if none of these suggestions made it into the game in any form, Blizzard surely need to realise it's unfair to make competent LFD groups carry crap players.
    i agree with it all the bold bits
    post this on the real forums for blue attention pls

blizz are gonna qq about the last line tho
    as you know, the vast majority of their subscription is those crappy players you refer to
    and if none of us have to carry them to the gear they desire so much, they arent going to want to pay to play are they?

kicking ppl who are being a$$holes (afk/out of instance) needs to be implemented yes, but i can see blizz leaving in the herp derp retards who do 2k auto atk dps in the grp and stand in fire, which will be covered with a generic "how else are they meant to learn if they dont get to see how you do it as a pro?" kind of bullshit complimentary explanation

Deleted
    been twinking hard to weeks back and instead of exiting and rejoining our group to get a fresh set of DDs (we had tank, heal and one dd) we went into the next dungeon and kicked the annoying weak spots there. usually I did because im enough asshole to initiate kicks.

however the solution is: kick one person with the reason "low dps" and then whisper another person to kick the other. if they dont, well we do heroics with 3-4 people anyways because the fifth is underperforming

Running with a group of 3 or 4 from my guild I almost always end up using a kick on someone. I'm fine with people not knowing fights, I'm even fine with a warrior spec'd into single minded and titan's grip pulling 3k dps. I'm not fine with some s-key allstar body pulling, starfall pulling extra trash while bragging about how baked he is, or just refusing to listen at all. Yeah, that comes up a lot, often more than once per dungeon. That kind of shit, and people dying to the same mechanic multiple times is unacceptable.

Face it, 4 people should have the right to kick you. If four of them don't want you there, you probably shouldn't be there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinner View Post
    I had no idea that was our job. If someone's standing in fire, I understand that he's a tough guy, living on the edge! Thus won't mind ending up kissing the floor.

I use atleast 2 kicks a dungeon, if the dungeon is too short for my kick to come off CD, I normally make people leave. I'm an ass to group with, but hey, I always get my valor points lol ;/
    So you as the only person playing WoW can initiate 2 kicks per dungeon - amazing.......

You really shouldn't advertice your bad attitude on a public forum, go be a douche somewhere else. I rarely kick, rather tell ppl that they aren't able to carry their weight and that the rest of the group can't/wont carry them. Im all for explaining things, I even ask if ppl know the strat before pulling a boss. But it pisses me off, when you get stuck with terribad players in shit gear, who can hardly speak English and keeps wiping the group over and over. Even the most patient ppl will eventually get fed up.

What would happen, if Blizz made it an offense to abuse the Vote to Kick tool? I mean as it is now, Blizz wont do anything about it. But if they were to punish ppl for abusing the system like abusing every other thing, maybe ppl would actually consider being asshats like the person above. In stead of making up alot of new mechanics/rules to the system, just make it bannable to abuse it - just a thought anyways.

Btw seems like we aren't on the same page here. Some ppl say, you can't kick more than 1 person in a run, others claim they chain kick or at least kick 2 persons themselves. This doesn't make sense........
    Last edited by mmoc3a262a3a21; 2011-01-14 at 10:11 AM.