Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by warlocx View Post
    Atleast let us kick AFk/DC players without a cooldown...
    People abuse the kick button. When someone need to go AFK, it means - most of the time - that they need to do something in real life. Not everyone have time to play for several hours, without needing to do something for familie or friends. Sometimes you just need to wait a bit. Have patience and clear some trash meanwhile

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by akuaku View Post
    been twinking hard to weeks back and instead of exiting and rejoining our group to get a fresh set of DDs (we had tank, heal and one dd) we went into the next dungeon and kicked the annoying weak spots there. usually I did because im enough asshole to initiate kicks.

however the solution is: kick one person with the reason "low dps" and then whisper another person to kick the other. if they dont, well we do heroics with 3-4 people anyways because the fifth is underperforming
    So you are telling us, that you can clear a heroic with 1 dps a tank and a healer? I smell bullshit tbh.......

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    So you are telling us, that you can clear a heroic with 1 dps a tank and a healer? I smell bullshit tbh.......
    If you're overgeared, this isn't actually hard in several of the cata HCs. Healer and tank can solo several of the bosses if both are good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unum View Post
    People abuse the kick button. When someone need to go AFK, it means - most of the time - that they need to do something in real life. Not everyone have time to play for several hours, without needing to do something for familie or friends. Sometimes you just need to wait a bit. Have patience and clear some trash meanwhile
    People kicking people who are AFK is not abuse. If you're joining a LFD queue and it pops, you stay the course or you get full agreement from your party if you need to do something in real life. If not, being kicked is a perfectly legitimate way to prevent other players having their time wasted from one selfish persons behaviour.

Well, if you want to kick more than one person you obviously do not wish to play with this party as a whole ... Do the following:

1. Kick a person that deserves it.
    2. Leave party.
    3. Queue again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thepreacher View Post
    Oh I was thankful. Just an example of people abusing the system
    One time I zone into a fresh random hc. HoL. Tank is immediately kicked before a word is said.

I asked the others why they kicked him and got back "the box just appeared so I clicked it".

Sure he zoned in in dps spec/gear but a quick look in armoury reveals his tank spec/gear and achievements. No one even asked him about this.

So I made my feelings clear and dropped group leaving the 3 dps to queue for another tank and healer.

More recently a guild group waited before first heroic SFK group to kick me because I was playing a shadow priest...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    If you're overgeared, this isn't actually hard in several of the cata HCs. Healer and tank can solo several of the bosses if both are good.
    True that, but most of the dungeons have bosses who requires interrupt. Still thinking about the multiple mobs 5-6 and hardly no CC. Well indeed if ppl are super pro then maybe but I still find it hard to believe that kicking 1-2 ppl due to low dps would make the run last longer than if you didn't behave like an epeen warrior and had the low dps. To me that post is BS, if you wanna act that elitist, go with a full guild run instead of being a douche to ppl........

Lol the only post that tweaked my rage-bar. I bolded the part that irks me. Certainly, let us get all the boring bits out of the way for you so that you can come back and flex electronic dick on the fun part. As others have said, the group is not there to carry you. You are there to benefit the group, if you are of no benefit to the group, then get out, you are not welcome.

The whole "I have things to do in real life" exasperates me. If you have something to do in real life, then excuse yourself and leave. Don't make the rest of the group at best kick you, furthering someone's kick timer, or at worst, WAIT for you to get back from the store because your mom made you leave to buy milk. If you are incapable of playing the game for at least two hours straight per session, then group activity is not for you. There is plenty to do in game that can be handled efficiently in short bursts. If these activities do not appeal to you, might I suggest a *gasp* different game. Yes they do exist and yes they are quite fun. Why, I myself only log on for raid nights since I can't really play much during weekdays. In the small downtime I get during the week I putter about on Minecraft, or pwn some n00bs in BFBC2, or get my ass handed to me in SC2.

I guess my point is there are SO MANY other things one can do besides waste the time of four other living, breathing human beings. Need I remind everyone that time is the single most precious commodity we have?

I've had this problem a lot with people afking or generally being complete jerk offs.

I play in a group of 3 people, we always have problems kicking, sometimes a second person.
    If you think it's because one person has kicked too much, why can't the rest of us?

Can't count how many times we've had to kick, never had to use it as much until cata came out and we're leveling alts so its pre LK.#

They should take your own advice, don't waste the time of people who can't play long and afk for 20 minutes because of real life, leave and deal with it.

Yes people abuse it, but people also abuse not being able to be kicked. I always think the option should be there, we are very friendly players but when you start needing on all loot because "leveling enchanting is too expensive so I want ALL the loot", it deserves an instant and remorseless kick from the instance.
    Last edited by ChrisJSY; 2011-01-14 at 10:34 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GeaMyaLor View Post
    Kicking someone once per dungeon? Wow, I would hate to get in a group w/ you. I have rarely had to use the vote-kick option. I have only had to use it mostly for dc's/afk's at the group's mutual decision. As the healer I reserve the right to tell someone to gtfo the fire bc it's my job to correct your mistakes. Usually, if you tell someone they are not up to par they will voluntarily leave. Sure, it may not be on the nicest of terms but there are other ways to negotiate poor players in dungeons such as talking to them.
    I don't think the two bold bits mesh very well. I too am a healer and I enjoy healing, but I most certainly do not like players who stand in the fire repeatedly, so eventually I stop healing them, if they complain I explain I don't have the mana or the mental bandwidth to manage a bad player and keep the tank and the rest of the party alive all the time keeping out of the fire myself. If they do it again I kick.

It's NOT our jobs to continually correct other peoples' mistakes, I did not roll this class to remedy Blizzards poor design which doesn't give players enough information to know that standing in the fire is bad. I'll tell them, once or twice. But if they don't listen to me, I'm not prepared to waste any more time or energy getting frustrated by one persons failings. I feel that the attitude you have is unhealthy and that by letting people make mistakes and facing the consequences they might learn that much quicker, but I'm sorry to say, if they don't, I'm not schooling them on my time.

Deleted
    The kick "cap" could be fixed by allowing kick without cd ofc not while rolling for loot or bossfight, AND making it all players need to vote yes for a kick, not the votee ofc. If someone is a complete tard then Im sure all rest of players will vote yes by no doubt. Also if there is one sane player in grp then kick wont be abused because sane player will not vote yes without thinking of why there is such a vote.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by teiksma View Post
    The kick "cap" could be fixed by allowing kick without cd ofc not while rolling for loot or bossfight, AND making it all players need to vote yes for a kick, not the votee ofc. If someone is a complete tard then Im sure all rest of players will vote yes by no doubt. Also if there is one sane player in grp then kick wont be abused because sane player will not vote yes without thinking of why there is such a vote.
    That would be annoying though, it's quite common for two bad people to enter together, from the same guild etc. They can just keep denying the votes on one another even though they are horrible and the three others want them gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot View Post
    This is just straight out false. I kick people fairly regularly. Not constantly, but when someone obviously will hold a group back, I am more than happy to kick. The longest message I've gotten was 11 minutes. One kick sure as hell won't get you to 30+ minutes. I believe it's also based on ratio of dungeons with/without kicks. Maybe you need to run more to get it down or something, but it is not hard to avoid a 30 minute kick timer.

As I said before, if people are having to wait that long to kick people, they're probably kicking people way more often than is necessary.
    This is common attitude that is unfortunately based in a misunderstanding of the system.. You may have never gotten higher than 11 mins.. the problem is you likely do 1 dungeon a week/day.. if you are running alot of dungeons you will rapidly rise to "no more kicks" even if you do not participate in the kick (no vote/decline) you still get a "you have kicked someone" cooldown increase which is the real issue.. Since the timer is dungeons and LFR related just entering an LFR dungeon will inevitably give you a 30min or more cooldown.. because while the cooldown is NOT counted against you in LFR, you go do a heroic and presto you are stuck with whatever the 50-60 people that went into your prior LFR run did.

Deleted
    I couldn't care less whether the 4th and/or 5th is underperforming or even AFK, as in most runs I do more than 50% of the total dps anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixup View Post
    People in this thread are getting the Vote-Kick CD confused with the fact that once ONE person has SUCCESSFULLY been kicked, NO ONE ELSE can be kicked AT ALL for the rest of that dungeon.
    And, unless this has changed in MoP, they're also missing the 'immunity' given to players who are repeatedly kicked. I remember a couple of times back in Wrath and early Cata, trying to kick a complete asshats (maybe one kick attempts in weeks of running instances), and getting the "that player cannot be kicked for X minutes" message.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    You probably get that because you kick people too often.

Because I barely ever kick anyone I'm able to kick right from the start of an instance, which is nice when someone is afk and everyone says they can't kick for another 20 mins.

So kick less.
    Right. I almost never kick players. A week ago I was leveling a level 45 alt through dungeons and we had to kick someone because he/she was being a pain on purpose (slacking, ninja looting and complaining over nothing). After that the new person who joined started afking and I was unable to kick. That person was afk for two bosses long plus the trash obviously.

Shit system. Before this system I have never been in a group where someone abused the kick function. Yeah, I got kicked sometimes for reasons I don't agree with and probably most people wouldn't agree with but now everyone can just start a vote kick and if you are in LFR people will just press yes. Or people join in groups and still abuse it.
    And people are saying the WoW community is the same as before LFD. Sure.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 02:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by teiksma View Post
    Or it's his friend or the one voting no is actually the insane one.

It's better to have no system at all and make LFD not cross realm. Let the realm community deal with it themselves (blacklisting/ignoring and most important reputation).
    And let Blizzard merge realms or make transfers free and remove empty realms. They got plenty of money for that.
    Last edited by Gilian; 2013-02-14 at 02:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    One system that might work out funny and make sure people are a bit more careful is that once you initiate a kick, you also get nominated yourself.
    So the other players get a popup saying: "Player A has initiated a vote kick for Player B. Choose who deserves to be kicked" Then you have to choose whether to kick player A, B or abstain vote...

This way elitist jerks might be more careful, because the initiated vote could well backfire if the other members do not agree and think that the initiator is being snobistic... I know that probably won't fly when you join a group with 3 or more guild members, but still, would make it an interesting tool too....
    There have been lots of times where someone initiated a vote kick I did not agree with and where I wished I had the power to vote kick the person initiating....

*laughing diabolically*

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    You probably get that because you kick people too often.

Because I barely ever kick anyone I'm able to kick right from the start of an instance, which is nice when someone is afk and everyone says they can't kick for another 20 mins.

So kick less.
    I can't remember the last time I initiated a vote to kick someone from a group, but in the past when others have tried and said they were unable, I have made an attempt to see if I could, but was also unable and received the message that the op has stated. For me, kicking is something that is just so incredibly rare and yet, even I am unable to kick people at times. There is probably another reason behind the issue than just kicking less.

Most of the time people who've been kicked could've performed better, or made a bigger contribution with a little more effort from the group. Generally I just try to help people, but there are cases where someone signed as a healer, but is a DPS or goes AFK after each boss.

Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    One system that might work out funny and make sure people are a bit more careful is that once you initiate a kick, you also get nominated yourself.
    So the other players get a popup saying: "Player A has initiated a vote kick for Player B. Choose who deserves to be kicked" Then you have to choose whether to kick player A, B or abstain vote...

This way elitist jerks might be more careful, because the initiated vote could well backfire if the other members do not agree and think that the initiator is being snobistic... I know that probably won't fly when you join a group with 3 or more guild members, but still, would make it an interesting tool too....
    There have been lots of times where someone initiated a vote kick I did not agree with and where I wished I had the power to vote kick the person initiating....

*laughing diabolically*
    I had a group, just a while ago, that did not agree with my votekick after the person I wanted to kick capslocked chatted in party that I was an idiot and should turn my braind on and whatnot while I did not say a thing to him/her.
    What happened was that a boss started evading at 30% and got stuck and I couldn't get him out (I was tanking). From my four years of experience playing WoW the only way I know how to get an evading mob from stopping to evade is to attack him from a certain angle and then pull him out which wasn't really working. Me moving away didn't work either but the other guy thought differently and blamed me for having to restart the boss. He simply didn't understand, I tried to explain but he kept 'yelling' and insulting.

My point is, there are too many people with different opinions for something like this to work properly.
    Before LFD we (I) just accepted that the leader had the power to kick and I just didn't group again with people who were trouble for me. Now it is just one big mess. I can ignore people so LFD doesn't group me up with them again but that is just pointless when I am grouped up with different players every single dungeon.