Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Bane of my life sometimes...if only I had all the power....

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Most of the time people who've been kicked could've performed better, or made a bigger contribution with a little more effort from the group. Generally I just try to help people, but there are cases where someone signed as a healer, but is a DPS or goes AFK after each boss.
    Plenty of healers who are busy with something else other than the game and letting me die in LFD. I tell them to not go afk constantly and let me die but it is obvious they don't care and the rest doesn't either as long as I keep popping healing potions (low level dungeons) and stay alive. Vote kick doesn't work because no one wants to wait for a new healer.

I don't understand people are defending the current LFD. I really don't see the fun in playing with people in groups who obviously have no interest in playing the game but only want the reward. It happens way too much that people go afk, are just auto attacking or whatever you can come up with. Only 10% of my groups are actually fun.

Without LFD it wasn't ideal but at least if someone put in the effort to find a group you know they want to be there and anyone who thought they could leech were dealt with.

Deleted
    I also very rarely kick anyone, so can also do it from the start, and yeah, the system is there for a reason, cause it otherwise gets abused more, but ofcourse it isnt without flaws.

I was once kicked from a group in wotlk for playing a BM hunter. All it took was for one asking me in a pretty bad way WHY I was BM I should go respecc right away and I answered, because I liked it. He started a kick, peole didnt even check if it was a good reason, they just press "yes" atleast 90% of the times the box comes up, thinking people probable wouldnt start it without a good reason.
    It didnt matter that I was actually first on dps, didnt ninja pull or ninja loot or anything. There was a box to click so they did.

Also seen it used when people didnt wanted to roll on loot against others, or if the other won a item that was a upgrade and wouldnt give it up. It is already being abused, and was from the beginning.

With that being sad, there sometimes ARE a reason to kick people, where it is hard or cant be done. Like a dragon soul lfr where a mage stayed dead for the whole Deathwing fight for a few tries to boss died, because no more people could be kicked from that group. Since I wasent in the raid for the first 3 bosses, no idea what kind of people they had already kicked and if they deserved it or not.
    Or DPS that sign as a tank, and then refuse to leave so the group can get a real tank or tank.

No system is ever without flaws (sadly), but people often kick for the wrong reasons instead of thinking, that the replacement might be far worse and would actually had deserved it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    You probably get that because you kick people too often.

Because I barely ever kick anyone I'm able to kick right from the start of an instance, which is nice when someone is afk and everyone says they can't kick for another 20 mins.

So kick less.
    Yeah well... here's the deal. If you kick less you wipe more and if you kick more you wipe less. So NO, people shouldn't forcibly put up with each other if they dont want to. Yeah I know... troll kicking happens, but not in a magnitute it is feared to would be if there were no kick restrictions, otherwise WotLK LFD would've been a complete disaster... hint... it wasnt.

Someone in the group will be able to kick even if you can't, esecially so in LFR. In LFR all you have to do is call out, "Kick X for being afk" and they will be kicked even if the person wasn't actually AFK. You can typically do the same in a 5 man but you can't do it anonymously when you call it out.

15+ Year Old Account
    The new dude that joins will be able to initiate a votekick, just whisper him to do so.

absolutley wrong to not be able to kick with impunity when the group agrees. however it is also not fair that someone who has been kicked by, say a guild or server group has to take a re que penalty.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    Vote kick is a tool to get rid of people that is:

A) Unrespectful
    B) Dont want to pledge to the group consensus

And yeah,being AFK is a lack of respect for the group.

Vote kick is not a pro-meter.Its not a tool to get rid of people that dont meet your performance criterium and thats how Blizzard designed it.

You ask:"Why cant I kick more often?".You already got the answer.Blizzard believes you can meet smartass people every 40 minutes but dont believe theres a good chance to meet them every 10 min(i am not expressing my personal opinion,if someone is interested - i doubt it- just ask).So the reason is to prevent this tool to be used as a pro-meter.

And thats all.A lot of people thinks they got the right to kick people doing half his dps but Blizzard thinks otherwise.

Thank you for your attention.