Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Worth re-rolling alchemy for PVE now? All shaman specs

What do people think? I'm very tempted to reroll my resto as alchemy (other prof as JC) since the gains seem very nice now. +80 stats, 2 hour flasks and what seems to be a BIS trinket (excluding heroic raids) once tide changes go live.

http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/68776/q...chemist-stone/
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/68775/v...chemist-stone/
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/68777/v...chemist-stone/
    Last edited by SuperNick; 2011-01-13 at 04:46 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alchemy is a very potent profession atm, not only does it provide nice benefits, but also it's an awesome money maker!

Edit: also you're only going to use the agil or int stones, pending on spec. never use str
    Last edited by Tehadam; 2011-01-13 at 01:53 PM. Reason: answered another question

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it depends what your other profession is (and spec). Wouldn't call the trinket bis for any shammy spec, but they're solid for someone who isn't looking at getting something better soon (someone who isn't working on HMs and most people aren't). I've been an alchy on my main for the last five years and the flask duration increase is an awesome (2 instead of 4 a night!?) money saver. Alchemy doesn't quite have the money making potential of inscription or enchanting, but flasks/major pots will still sell for a profit, especially with specialization. The +80 stat increase is beaten by other profs, but it's the standard bonus.
    It's not really a clear oh-you-need-to-level-this choice, but it's still a great profession right now and will be even better with those trinks.
    To quote the great sage Ook Ook, "you can take the derk out of the jib, but you shouldn't put the jib in the derk."

Hmm, I think heroic trinkets are a long way off for me yet. We're 10/12 on normal at the mo.

I guess by saying best in slot I didn't mean best in the game, just pretty much what's decently available to 95% of the community.

No profession is really omg-i-must-have-this but my other profession is mining.. so it's um a bit of an upgrade for me.

Just seems ideal to have alchemy/JC. I already use the other JC 285 int trinket.

Deleted
    You should use [carrot on a stick] it gives nice speed bonus.

Deleted
    I find it funny that secondary stats are different, agi with crit? oh spare me.... most agi users need more haste than crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Meizor View Post
    I find it funny that secondary stats are different, agi with crit? oh spare me.... most agi users need more haste than crit.
    You're in the shaman forum and crit is worth more to us than haste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trinkets are nice but Not BiS for enhancement, crit is above haste but below mastery and there are good and easy alternatives arguably even beter ones obtainable you don't need to reroll an entire profession for

I'll be sticking to engineering and leatherworking myself, especially since they decided to add a usefull agility tinker.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

For resto, there isn't many that I overly like the look of in normal raids.

Fall of mortality and alchemy one sound perfect eventually.

those alchemey trinkets aint better than the other 359 trinkets available from normal modes and or the badge vendor.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

Deleted
    lol i'm currently levelling a shaman with alchemy and jc

it seems like the best boost. and my alt to fix herbs and veins

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been an Alchemist for a dog's age, and I won't be using the trinket for my main spec.

The pot boost effect is part of the itemization, so most other 359 trinkets will be better for throughput. I've got the DMC:V and I'm picking up Stump of Time today, so the new alchemist stone won't find a spot anywhere except my Resto off spec.

i't not that hot for resto either as it's pure throughput trinket and i prefer to have some regen in those slots, but it's not bad if you can't spare cache for DMC and have bad luck in raids (you can always reforge some of this haste to SPI and it will give you some mana once per fight if you use pots)

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'll be making the Int trinket on my alchemist simply because I am lacking a decent second trinket and refuse to pay that much for Volcano

Quote Originally Posted by Matero View Post
    You're in the shaman forum and crit is worth more to us than haste.
    I'm pretty sure you're talking about Enh, but in terms of the stat weights for Ele, haste will win out slightly over crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    I'll be making the Int trinket on my alchemist simply because I am lacking a decent second trinket and refuse to pay that much for Volcano

I'm pretty sure you're talking about Enh, but in terms of the stat weights for Ele, haste will win out slightly over crit.
    I was replying to the guy with the post referring to the agility alchemy trinket, of course I would be talking about enhancement, elemental doesn't use agility obviously...

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matero View Post
    I was replying to the guy with the post referring to the agility alchemy trinket, of course I would be talking about enhancement, elemental doesn't use agility obviously...
    Understood, but I just wanted to clarify on the stat weights since the statement was rather general and could be taken incorrectly by others for reference in terms of elemental. I also wanted to point that out since he did list all of the new trinkets and not just the agility trinket.

I didn't intend to attack, simply clarify.

The darkmoon card is ideal yeah, wish I could obtain that.

It goes for no less than 30k on my server, which is hard to justify really.

Don't forget the gem slot and socket bonus btw on the trinkets, that counts for something

He was responding to the "most agi users need more haste than crit" statement when he said crit > haste for shaman, so your statement didn't really clarify anything.

These are decent changes to alchemy, as the profession can actually provide something useful to each spec (granted the stats aren't necessarily ideal for resto but you can drop haste elsewhere for it if you want). Depending on the change to mana tide, the potion bonus may be a saving grace for resto, but we'll have to wait til we can test it out.

The only thing is, these changes should have come out a month ago when cata was released before raiding trinkets, TB trinkets, and VP trinkets were available. So good for an alt gearing up or your main if you don't really spend much time raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiea View Post
    those alchemey trinkets aint better than the other 359 trinkets available from normal modes and or the badge vendor.
    Er, few thoughts on this one?

The other 359 options for me include:
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/62472/m...ring-patterns/
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/59354/j...ient-remedies/
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/59500/fall-of-mortality/
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/58184/core-of-ripeness/

(The Darkmoon card is great ideally, but 30k gold isn't in my future)

- Mandala is arguably more attractive with the mastery proc changed to intellect.
    - Jar is well.. a pure regen trinket in my eyes, needs more stats added imho.
    - Fall of mortality is awesome and it's targetted for one of my slots.
    - Core of ripeness compared to alchemy stone just doesn't seem as good.
    Last edited by SuperNick; 2011-01-13 at 04:27 PM.

i personally don't like Mandala at all as throughput proc often gets wasted unlike regen proc (or on use), i would rate them like that:

Fall - it seems best out of that bunch
    Jar = Core they are both good one gives healthy amount of regen and some throughput the other gives really nice regen
    Mandala - gives ok-ish regen and throughput procc, more of a hybrid dps trink imho.

and DMC tops them all with INT on pare with core and fall and spirit almost as good as Jar