My experience with the Dungeon Finder.

So I made it to 85 a few weeks back and began to do randoms as a balance druid. I had no issues except the extremely long q time. So I decided to put together a tank set. I get the set together in a day or so and group with a hunter friend to try a heroic. When HoO popped i was unsure how it would go being my first time tanking at 85. With a bit of CC it began smoothly. On the first boss we wiped three times and our healer confessed that he was drunk off his ass and in dps gear. He did us the courtesy of dropping group. We had a replacement healer within seconds and proceeded to one shot every boss. The group was friendly and skilled fun was had by all.

How have your random LFD experiences gone?
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

I que up as tank, get a instant invite. When i join the group is already halfway, @ the lady serpent boss. Their other tank must have dropped out, idk why. Chat a bit, tell tactics, then i pull, we wipe at 50%, mainy because i used all my cds and self-healed A LOT, didin't get any heals. Group ends up blaming me, i get kicked out.

Deleted
    Similar here. I queued as a tank pally in full tanking gear with average iLevel 340. Wild Shadowkeep appears! I got group
    containing a priest/warr/mage from same guild and hunter from another. As i pulled just first two ghouls i quickly realize that
    to survive i have to use almost every CD. In addition warr put 4k dps, hunter 3k and mage rocks with 7k -,- soooooo i knew that
    this would be wipe on first boss. Ofcourse i was right, we die from lack of interupts, before i menage to back from GY
    i was already kicked from group. Really hope those mofos enyoyed their 1h queue ><

LFD is really a hit or miss. I generally try to have at least one friend with me when i q as a tank because if it's a healer, i know i wont have to worry about dying, if it's a dps, i know i'll have at least one competent player to help ff/interrupt/kill bosses with me. I q'd a few times yesterday and first got a VP group where my rogue friend who just hit ilevel 329 was doing ~50% of the damage on bosses, and as a tank i was #2 in dps. we wiped on the dragon boss (which i didnt know was possible) because the healer NEVER turned her back to the wind. I tried explaining it to her mid-fight, telling her to do a 180, didn't help. even when the wind was helping her, she'd move and turn around, getting the slowing debuff. so we wiped twice with her still at full mana because she couldnt heal herself and the dps that got breathed on with her long cast times. the 2 dps were doing abysmal damage but were guilded/q'd together so i didnt try to kick them from the group.

later I q'd alone and got a deadmines run in progress with 4 people guilded together. We wiped on the foereaper because the guy in the machine wasnt stunning the adds, and the healer/dps were standing in harvest. We wiped clearing trash on the ship (keep in mind they took out like 1/2 the mobs there) because the dps were not using the cannons to stunlock the mobs/deal tons of damage, but instead were dpsing and killing the cannons.

Now again, it's generally hit and miss. Sometimes I get competent players, sometimes I get people who don't know what cc or focus firing is and will pick the mob that i'm i have the least amount of threat on to dps. But I have yet to be blamed/kicked from a group for doing something, even with groups that q'd together and are bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would say 98% of the randoms I've done have been fine.

Problem seems to be is someone has 1 bad experience and then condemns the whole system. Then we get post after post of bad experiences and people get the impression they are bad. The trick in a random group is to not engage in any negativity. If people are arguing, just stay out of it. Be mature and just keep pushing forward. You aren't going to win arguments against people over the internet who have nothing to lose.

Vote Kick Timer

So two friends and I are currently stuck in HoO unable to proceed because our healer refuses to heal us. He stood around and watched me die on the first pack, BRez'd me, put a few hots on me then bitched at us after we told him to heal. Second group, he doesn't heal at all, claiming he was "AFK" even though it was 5 seconds after him nerd raging.

Now he's also refusing to leave the dungeon, and we're unable to kick him for another 35 minutes.

Does anyone else get irritated that their dungeon group gets halted because of some fool who thinks he's a tough guy?