Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    With our T11 4 piece bonus Shadow apparitions are so awesome I don't even do a rotation anymore, now I just use SWP and run laps around the boss

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lufia View Post
    Been a while since I actually picked silence, because of the 2 damn points we STILL need to put into IPS to get it (wich is worthless in pve). If only we could just put one point and get it, like Psychic horror. Also, like you, I'll only move for a reason, not just for a chance to proc apparitions.
    I can relate to how you feel about spending points for it and feel the same way in theory. In practice though once I got objective about the talents in the tree, it was relatively easy to find 3 points to put toward it and I don't feel like I've gimped my DPS in any meaningful way. SA's just don't contribute enough at the moment. Zenkai seems to be doing better with them than I am.

---------- Post added 2011-01-15 at 12:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I wanted to add Silence to my build for PVE. I needed 3 points to do it. I took two out of Improved Mind Blast because we don't cast MB on CD any longer and 1 out of SA because SA accounts for about 4% of my damage usually. Now it accounts for about 3.7% which inside margin of error for stuff happening.
    Looks like we might be casting MB on CD again. That's a pretty big buff if it sticks and isn't some wild swing the other direction that will get nerfed back a bit. On the other hand, there may still be an argument to be made about holdlng off for Empowered Shadows.

Might be time to rethink taking points out of Improved Mind Blast.

Quoting yourself is mildly strange.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2011-01-15 at 08:19 AM.

I have to agree with that.

Looks like we might be casting MB on CD again. That's a pretty big buff if it sticks and isn't some wild swing the other direction that will get nerfed back a bit. On the other hand, there may still be an argument to be made about holdlng off for Empowered Shadows.

Taking points out of imp mind blast is a risk because shadow orbs are RNG, you can get 5 shadow orbs in 1 mind blast cooldown (with imp mind blast) or not even a single one.

Discussion about using mind blast on cooldown now is taking place in the sticky here:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ow-4.0.3/page6

Edit: If you want to get silence into your build without losing dps:

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bcroZZGrGdMkRd0fo

I am currently not having mana issues so 1/2 masochism is enough if you wish to have silence.
    Last edited by zito; 2011-01-15 at 05:16 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    I dont use it. Instead i use Paralysis since i spam mind spike + mind blast.

stand closer to the boss or mob.... the apparitions hit every time.
    handy when you have a fight you have to move and DPS.
    handy in pvp, get the dots up on a melee class, dps a bit, use dispersion, move and 1 or 2 apparitions will hit them =approx 6-24k damage, very good when being interrupted by melee and spammed with hamstring/poison, at least there will be some damage going out on them.

maybe not the best skill in the book, but not all bad, would like to see the image gone, replaced by a black floating ball that moves slightly faster to its target, similar to the old trinket from magister terrace, cant remember the name of it, at work atm.

Its very easy and a lot of times instinctual to always focus on the negatives of something. Sure, some spells have negative sides that aren't optimal but that doesn't mean they need fixing. You could argue that every cast time spell is awful because its not instant but should they all be instant? Of course not. Shadowy Apparitions might be a smaller boost in damage then some other talents but that's simply the nature of talent trees. If every one of our talents was at the pinnacle of badass-ness then we'd just be complaining about our tree being bloated and not being able to take all the talents we want.

Some talents are great, some are okay and some are skipped all together. That's just how talent trees work.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    In pvp its broken, in pve its a nice damage boost. Think it should work abit like the vengeful spirit from dota, so faster apparitions.

I think, PvE-wise, they should re-aquire your next target instead of wandering for a few secs aimlessly.

PvP-wise, they're too easy to kill, miss too much and are essentially just worthless. They'd be better (imo) in PvP if they moved faster or were stealthed or something.

Just my $0.02.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

10+ Year Old Account

The argument that will be made is even if you have no shadow orbs up you still cast MB on cd as long as empowered shadows as 6 seconds or more left on its duration
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    The argument that will be made is even if you have no shadow orbs up you still cast MB on cd as long as empowered shadows as 6 seconds or more left on its duration.
    And I'm not sure that I see anything at all wrong with that. I hadn't really thought it through that much. After spending some time on a dummy watching things that situation comes up once in a while; dots are good and ES has 7-8 seconds on it, so yeah, start it up.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2011-01-17 at 12:18 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    those things crit for 30k? are u kidding me?

Deleted
    too slow for pvp, speccin' imp mind blast.
    Last edited by mmoc419b146f30; 2011-01-17 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekali View Post
    I dont use it. Instead i use Paralysis since i spam mind spike + mind blast.
    Maybe this is what Blizzard wanted. They did say they wanted us to choose our talents. So some will prefer the apparitions, for the small dps boost, while other will prefer having silence or paralysis for more group utility.