Mookin opinions.

Just wondering what the community here feels about pvp as a boomkin. Recently I have started leveling my boomkin and am thoroughly enjoying the process of blowing things up from miles away, (rerolled from a warrior), but what is the concensus on pvp as a chicken these days? Is it viable even, i seem to be finding it a typhoon crutch when i get jumped by a rogue say for example, that is if i live through the initial openers from the rogue.

Now i know im only lvl 81, and my gear has a long way to go, but i was hoping I could get some honest opinions from those that have played a boomkin for extensive amounts of time as im hopin to do. I intend to primarily pve as boomkin im just wondering if feral is more pvp oriented than boomkin.

Frankly, I love my drood. It's my first class ever, and although I have had other alts, it's still my favorite.... Maybe not so much anymore, because I hate the changes to healing..... But I will forever love my boomkin at least. Rogues are hard to counter, but I find that I'm good at about any other class. Especially casters. Entangling Roots and Sun Beam are killer. = )

10+ Year Old Account
    i honestly dislike playing a moonkin in PvP

in a BG it isn't too bad decent due to the amount of distractions people have but in Arena you are generally the #1 target as soon as you go into moonkin form.
    reason being is due to A: the size, you are huge and stand out like a sore thumb. and B: you offer alot of utility to your team ie: roots cyclone hots tranquility bear stuns solar beam treants starfall, ect. A moonkin is defiantly a force to be reckoned with if left to stand and nuke. problem is though a moonkin with generally crumble under pressure, imo the problem with our survivability is that we do have it, but it's not strong enough. Bark skin only gives us a damage reduction of 20% and our armor tho giving us about 45% melee damage reduction isn't really enough. we can root people, we can cyclone people and we can typhoon people, but each of these are too easily countered.

as a druid in PvP i generally roll as Resto, our heals are very powerful and hots are still incredible. i find it a little harder for people to kill me when my hots do that much more healing.

Feral is the only spec i don't really mess with due to lag. i'm not a fan of being forced to behind a target at all times with my crappy computer = P
    but from what i've read on these forums and from people in game, a cats bleeds do incredible damage to those with lower armor. at this moment being able to shift out of snares and slows all the while being able to kitty charge from a distance is very nice. although this might get changed in the next patch "Shapeshifts: Entering or leaving a shapeshift no longer cancels root effects. It continues to cancel movement slowing effects."

so in the end if were to choose i would say either Resto or Feral for pvp.

Thanks! for the replies. I have no desire really to play feral except maybe as a tank, for the very same reason... roots are driving me insane on my warrior. i guess for pvp ill just have to wait and see what the next few patches bring us boomkins

Right now boomkin pvp is very gimp, but if you have read the recent patch notes: we are getting buffed, not too much, but the nerfs to other classes indirectly helps us.

I think balance pvp is very fun but i warn you that its gonna be a long hard road until you get the gear. You have to realize that with the nerfs to healing, boomkin's survivability got taken down quite a bit, and so that extra resil goes a long way right now. So when you turn 85 and start arena/BGs you cant nerd rage and say "boomkin" are the problem when you have no gear to back it up.