Interrupts are there to be used!

First things first: I'm a resto druid and I love the current "hard style" healing, but there is a "but" that I wanted to address: interrupts. Rather the lack of using it.

I felt this in heroics first when healer/caster mobs are just being ignored and I have to suck up all my mana to keep the ball rolling. The worst feeling is that I can do nothing about it (heroics can have posibilities with cyclone: true)...

Then I started raiding and I ended up at the Omnitron Defence System with our lovely Arcanotron. All I ended up with, is seeing the raid being wiped because it's just impossible to heal up the damage if the interrupts are lacking. After endless tries of making the dps interrupt all the time even at the cost of losing some dps, no real chance has come.

It's so frustrating because I feel so powerless against this. The DPS doesn't seem to get the fact that it's so ridiculously important to interrupt.

So I want to call upon all you DPS'ers who look at their own dps first before the general success of any fight. There is a very good reason we, mostly healers, say to interrupt all the time. Just try to listen to us, because I'm sure most healers want nothing more than you guys being alive and kicking!

Take your responsibility and use what is given to you for everyone's sake!

PS: even interrupts with a long cooldown are no reason at all to not use them...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone assumes "oh well.. someone else will interrupt it , i"ll pwn the dps meters instead". Untill noone interrupts and the group wipes. =(
    Agree with the OP, especially as a healer its annoying to outheal damage that could have been ENTIRELY neglected by pressing ONE SIMPLE BUTTON.

10+ Year Old Account
    If my Priest had one I'd use it... (3 point specs for silence on a 45 sec CD is not worth it... don't get me started)

Playing my rogue or DK tank I will always interrupt.
    If the boss has more than 1 ability that needs to be interrupted ; I try to assign them accordingly if more than 1 class that can interrupt is in the group...

A lot of people have no clue or don't care about any ability that doesn't generate big yellow numbers above the mob's head.

well apparently interrupts aren't necessary. All you have to do is not bother and blizz will eventually remove the ability you needed to interrupt from the encounter entirely. Baron Ashbury for example.

This happens a lot in random heroics I run as well. I'm a warlock(demo or destro). So I don't have a reliable interrupt and often see tanks eating big hits or mobs healing each other because my axe toss is on CD. I wish more people would realize that it makes dungeon runs much faster to interrupt mobs than try to power through their abilities/healing.

I don't get people who don't interrupt. I love interrupting. I often wonder how I played Ret before it had a reliable interrupt. It brings me great joy.

Unfortunately, it's "ridiculously important" to interrupt in raiding, but in heroics, it is completely unnecessary except for maybe, 3-4 bosses. The first boss of TotT,The first boss of SFK, the Last boss of SFK(depending on the kind of healers you have) and Rajsh or whatever (finall boss of HoO) are really the only ones that it tends to be mandatory on.

i play SV hunter, complain to blizzard. now i travel with my gorilla for places that need it - he sucks balls by the way. it would be nice if scatter shot worked on bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tural View Post
    I don't get people who don't interrupt. I love interrupting. I often wonder how I played Ret before it had a reliable interrupt. It brings me great joy.
    Completely agreed. Since getting Rebuke, I'm interrupting everything I see in PvE and PvP. Only thing I don't interrupt is Lord Godfrey's Cursed Bullets, because my itchy trigger finger keeps wasting it on his other 2 abilities.
    Last edited by Zoma; 2011-01-13 at 04:08 PM.

If people in your group have problem with interrupt you will have a hard time in maloriak. How many class with interrupt you have, beside the tanks?

This is particularly annoying from a tank viewpoint. Doing instances like HoO or Grim Batol, I'll have dps peel off of me to attack a caster mob, and dps it from 100-0% while it's chain casting damage at me, never interrupting it once. In most instances I've done on my paladin, I'm the only one actually interrupting casts (hammer, avenger's shield, arcane torrent), which means I have to save my avenger's shield for abilities like Shadow Strike in BRC to make sure i dont get wrecked. In instances where dps do not interrupt, The healer generally has to drink after every pull, I have to use cds on every pull, and in some cases dps die from pulling aggro as I'm moving from caster to caster trying to interrupt them and round them up.

My main is a shaman so i generally interrupt on cd because preventing the spell from going off saves me the mana of healing through that damage. and in most cases with cata mobs, they chain cast until interrupted (HoO big fireball guys, GB deceitful blast guys with the gronns, etc). Basically, if you have an interrupt, use it on cd. it can only help things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tural View Post
    I completely agree! When Rebuke is class wide, it will be pretty great for all specs. But I still hate not having a distance interrupt.

OT: Interrupting is one of my favorite things to do when I go into dungeons. It's probably my favorite thing to do as a Mage (Counterspell <3 ) I agree that people have the mentality of "Oh, he'll interrupt, I can keep going.."

It's really frustrating as a healer myself to have to deal with unnecessary healing when it is 110% avoidable. But, people will *hopefully* learn in time to do their roles and not slack off to be "top damage" in a trash pull. ...But then again, pigs might fly so I won't hold my breath.
    I like to change my sig A LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindaika View Post
    If Goblins were from Jersey, they wouldn't live in Orgimmar. They'd live in Crossroads and commute to Org via bridges and tunnels, and then complain about the Kodo traffic.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    ... Why trolls? Because we regenerate 2 health per second and there is nothing you can do about it.

heh, I love rebuke...on ODS I usualy run to Arcanotron when rebuke has a second or 2 left so i can interupt that super charge bolt he does..after ive done so i run back to current target dps some and run back to interupt some....I LOVE REBUKE
    I do belive in fairytales...I really do!

I love doing Vortex Pinnacle and reaching the packs at the end with the immunity force fields. The healer mobs will self-buff themselves with a super haste, and spam greater heal on themselves. I like to stand there as a tank not doing anything, and watching as the mob will chain heal itself to full every time the group gets it to 50%.

I've literally stood there jump in circles as the mob did this for a minute straight, before I decided to interrupt the mob so it would finally die;

/cue bennyhill music

10+ Year Old Account
    i have the same problem as the OP here on ODS no one tends to interrupted till the whole grp is shouted at, then we get one interrupted till there shouted at again, interrupters have caused many wipes on this encounter its untrue, we managed 2hours of wiping due to this, i'd had enough to the point i just had to leave

For random dungeons.... let the dps start dieing.

I'm serious. For pulls with multiple caster mobs and a handy pillar just outside of their aggro range, I'll LoS pull them.
    If a dps decides that they want to attack something while it is still running at me, they can tank it. In a heroic, this usually results in their death if the healer has saved them a few times, or if they realize right away that the dps is an idiot.
    Same thing if I pull back to tank outside of CC, if they are stupid and drop an AoE on the CC, I let them tank it and only grab it once they are dead.

Your job as a healer is to keep the tank alive.
    The only time dps are entitled to heals is if there is an unavoidable AoE or if the enemy throws spells are random targets.
    Otherwise, they can bandage, pot, or use a self heal. (Yes, as a dps, I do those things).
    -----+-- [Thaddius] ++++++++

Just because you are unique, does not mean you are right.
    Ðoser of Illidan