Comprehensive 4.0.6 Changes Jan 12th

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Rogue (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    • Blind now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
    • Crippling Poison now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
    • Garrote now costs 45 Energy, down from 50.
    • Sap now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
    • Stealth is no longer broken by enemies using Demoralizing Shout or Demoralizing Roar.

Assassination
    • Deadly Momentum critical strike bonus now lasts for 15 seconds, up from 10.

Combat
    • Blade Flurry is now a toggle that can be turned off by pressing the button again.
    • Main Gauche (Mastery) now provides a chance to deal an attack for 100% of main-hand damage. This attack can trigger Combat Potency.
    • Restless Blades now also reduces the cooldown of Redirect.
    • Vitality now increases attack power by 25%, up from 20%.

Subtlety
    • Elusiveness now reduces the cooldown of Cloak of Shadows by 10/20 seconds, down from 15/30 seconds.
    • Executioner (Mastery) has been increased from 2% to 2.5% per point.
    • Find Weakness now grants 35/70% armor reduction, up from 25/50%.
    • Preparation no longer resets the cooldown of Evasion.
    • Sanguinary Vein now gives a rogue a 50/100% chance for their own Bleed effects to not break their Gouge.
    • Shadowstep's cooldown has been increased to 24 seconds, up from 20 seconds.
    • Sinister Calling now grants 30% Agility, up from 25%, and increases Backstab and Hemorrhage damage by an additional 40%, up from 25%.

Glyphs
    • Glyph of Garrote now increases the duration of Garrote by 1.5 seconds, down from 2.
    Side note: All I can say is thank god for the Demo Shout/Roar nerf. I was getting tired of having watching jump-jump Warriors running around spamming that to try and break us out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazinger-Z View Post

Side note: All I can say is thank god for the Demo Shout/Roar nerf. I was getting tired of having watching jump-jump Warriors running around spamming that to try and break us out.
    Agreed, but if I remember correctly, warriors just spam Piercing Howl now, which isn't mentioned.

On a plus side, potentially going combat again?

I might stick with Sub. I like it a lot and always have, since Shadowstep was introduced.

Combat's got PvE viability now, it seems, but still hasn't got enough PvP utility. It's still way slow in building CPs and mobility is second-worst. I say this only because of the Improved Sprint, which is more than Assassination rogues get.

Yeah, Assassination is alright in pvp if you have a pally to spam freedom on you, but otherwise, pretty much everything in the game will kite you in circles. I'm loving sub, and love the fact that as a whole it's getting buffed, although Shs is getting nerfed a bit. Should be okay still. D

The blade flurry buff is borderline/situationally OP.

It does offer bad players to make a mistake (not turning it off when not needed), but 100% cleave uptime when the need calls for it is a bit too much of a buff, I think (and I am a combat rogue, too). I think a buff that would be more in line would be to remove the energy regeneration penalty and blade flurry glyphs altogether, but keep the 30 second cooldown. This removes the "mandatoriness" of the blade flurry glyph, opening up another utility glyph slot (like the other specs have). Combat is the only spec, really, with 2 "mandatory" major glyphs (blade flurry, tricks of the trade), whereas the other specs only have 1 (tricks).

Another option would be to make the blade flurry glyph truly utility, such as "Your blade flurry ability no longer causes any threat on the additional target."
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2011-01-13 at 07:10 PM.

Even more so now with the Hunter Autoshot-While-Running buff. Between Disengage, Frost Trap, Snake Trap and Deterrence, they were hard to nail down. Tho I suppose this is more a PvE buff since their damage takes a huge hit on movement fights.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    The blade flurry buff is borderline/situationally OP.

It does offer bad players to make a mistake (not turning it off when not needed), but 100% cleave uptime when the need calls for it is a bit too much of a buff, I think (and I am a combat rogue, too). I think a buff that would be more in line would be to remove the energy regeneration penalty and blade flurry glyphs altogether, but keep the 30 second cooldown. This removes the "mandatoriness" of the blade flurry glyph, opening up another utility glyph slot (like the other specs have). Combat is the only spec, really, with 2 "mandatory" major glyphs (blade flurry, tricks of the trade), whereas the other specs only have 1 (tricks).

Another option would be to make the blade flurry glyph truly utility, such as "Your blade flurry ability no longer causes any threat on the additional target."
    What are you talking about? It still has the 30 second cooldown. The change simply means you can turn it off by clicking the button and not the icon. Nothing else changed.

Deleted
    After the patch i will definitely stick to sub. I think it was a matter of preference before against DMG vs mobility and now with the buffs sub will have the DMG to go with that mobility which i believe will make assasination PVP obsolete.

I am curious to see how much Subt damage is actually increased. Subt does provide decent mobility and survivability right now, but the damage is not potent enough. I agree with reducing the survivability for reasonably improved damage. Hopefully, it's a decent balance.

Deleted
    Some testing done on PTR vs live - Here are the results:

Live Backstab without Find Weakness up:

Hit - Sample size 150 Backstabs:

Hit minimum: 5110
    Hit Average: 5526
    Hit Max: 5861

Critical Strike - Sample size 150 Backstabs:

Critical Hit Minimum: 11816
    Critical Hit Average: 12681
    Critical Hit Max: 13482

PTR Backstab without Find Weakness up;

Hit minimum: 5724
    Hit Average: 6188
    Hit Max: 6527

Critical strike - Sample size 150 Backstabs:

Critical Hit Minimum: 13187
    Critical Hit Average: 14246
    Critical Hit Max: 15107

---------------------------------------------------------------

Live Backstab with Find Weakness up;

Hit Minimum: 6022
    Hit Average: 6502
    Hit Max: 7149

Critical Hit Minimum: 13929
    Critical Hit Average: 14795
    Critical Hit Max: 15851

PTR Backstab with Find Weakness up;

Hit Minimum: 7315
    Hit Average: 7914
    Hit Max: 9067

Critical Hit Minimum: 16731
    Critical Hit Average: 18146
    Critical Hit Max: 20833

Testing was done on a level 85 Training Dummy - A lvl 85 Training Dummy has roughly 12-13k armor which translate into 31-34% physical reduction.

Stats of the character:

4931 Agility
    10123 AP
    359 weapon.

---------------------------------------------------------------
    OT; we are getting more nerfs then actual buffs, and mut mobility still isnt being adressed. I have no idea what blizz is thinking.
    Last edited by mmoc45e9d7f6b9; 2011-01-16 at 11:55 PM.

Deleted
    If mut mobility was fine, there would be no reason to play sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Linlol View Post
    What are you talking about? It still has the 30 second cooldown. The change simply means you can turn it off by clicking the button and not the icon. Nothing else changed.
    Updated patch notes for BF: Blade Flurry is now a toggle that can be turned off by pressing the button again. In addition, this ability no longer has a fixed duration, but will go on cooldown for 10 seconds after being canceled (similar to Stealth).

Quote Originally Posted by dh96 View Post
    Updated patch notes for BF: Blade Flurry is now a toggle that can be turned off by pressing the button again. In addition, this ability no longer has a fixed duration, but will go on cooldown for 10 seconds after being canceled (similar to Stealth).
    Wow, if that's the case Combat just became far more valid a built. I've been sub for the last two months (mut before). May have to finally give combat a shot.

Anyone else notice SnD gives 40% haste on the character sheet? It doesn't seem to be actually granting any energy regen though ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by Kaustos View Post
    Anyone else notice SnD gives 40% haste on the character sheet? It doesn't seem to be actually granting any energy regen though ;_;
    It never did, it has always been a attack speed bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightsword View Post
    It never did, it has always been a attack speed bonus.
    I know attack speed is how its always worked, but on live there is no haste change on the character sheet. PTR shows +40% haste while it is active.

Could Sub be a viable raid spec now? I probably still wouldn't use it just because it requires so many finishers to be up at once thus making the rotation weird for me..

Deleted
    I know attack speed is how its always worked, but on live there is no haste change on the character sheet. PTR shows +40% haste while it is active.
    Can 3-4 more people that are playing on the PTR confirm this please. And if it really shows +40% haste while active could you also check if it affects your energy regen or only attack speed as always. Thanks.