View Poll Results: Do Warlocks need an interrupt?

Voters
198. This poll is closed
  • Yes, desperatly

27 13.64%
  • Yes, it would be nice

58 29.29%
  • No, they can use fear or something to stop casting

21 10.61%
  • No, Warlocks have an interrupt you scrub

36 18.18%
  • No, Warlocks are cheap enough as it is

9 4.55%
  • No, Warlocks bring so much else to the table

47 23.74%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really wouldnt mind a real interupt. Ending up in sfk with a beartank not specced into imp skull bash and noone else being able to interupt is just nuts.
    Imo, every class deserves a real interupt on a short cd ( let the cd be talented or not), except mages, they don't deserve buffs.
    In pvp we can use our silence or axetrow, deathcoil and inst howl of terror as an interupt but I cant really consider fear as an interupt due its casttime, no to mention that interupts on a dr suck pretty hard.

Does fear work as an interrupt against bosses? Because if it doesn't than that is a big problem, haha.

Priests seem to be worse, we have one Interrupt which you can only get if you are Shadow, which costs three talent points, and which is on the longest cooldown of any interrupt in the game.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last I checked Spell lock wasn't on the GCD and is a ranged move, I wouldn't use any other pet for PvP, Even Pve I would give up numbers for the Fel's lock. As for Demo spec, Well who seriously plays demo... right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MeowthThatsRight View Post
    Does fear work as an interrupt against bosses? Because if it doesn't than that is a big problem, haha.
    No, but on Ashbury, and most other bosses, felhunter's spell lock works fine. I don't like using him as destro, but beating a boss is more important than being an pompus ass about your dps.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild

Quote Originally Posted by Arrcus View Post
    It's called fear dumbass.
    Because all those bosses and elites in boss encounters that do devastating abilities can be feared most of the time...

Deleted
    i think that removing the spell lock of the felpup and adding it to the warlock would be nice (he would get another useful skill dont worry)
    in pve is kinda of hard to interrupt and do my normal dps...the difference is not that hard, but still...it would be nice

the way I see it, classes with no or weak CC tend to offer more in other areas, such as interrupts.

warlocks are arguably the kings of CC now, so let other classes fill the interrupt roles.

we do have some interrupts, but they require a certain pet or certain talents/glyphs. they aren't a kick or mind freeze, but they are good enough in some situations if no alternatives are available

if you're affliction lock, you can macro it to have fel puppy spell lock as an interrupt, although it does have a longer cooldown than class interrupt, it can come in handy.

that list is fail.

rebuke (retribution) is listed, avenging shield (protection) isn't.
    roots (druid) is listed, chains of ice (dk) isn't, mage's freeze neither.
    hammer of justice (again protection pala) isn't listed (yes, it can interrupt as protection).

i think that table is a bad backup to prove that locks needs an interrupt (note: i don't know everything of every class, so i'm sure i didn't mention all missings), so the answer to the poll is "no"

we already have every other mage spell under the sun.. they may as well give us a base-line counter spell as well that doesnt involve us having to bring out a pet for it..

hell make mages more warlock like and give them death coil.. and if u ask why.. say why not instead.. :P
    "A real man makes his own luck" - Billy Zane, Titanic.

I thought this was a joke thread.

No.

Notice the only Hunter interrupt is specced into under Marksman?

We were having trouble on the first boss of ToT the other day and one shot it after our Warlock busted out their Felhunter.

Mind you, I played Rogue->Enhance Shaman throughout Vanilla, BC, and Wrath. I was always on Kick duty, and hated it.. Until now. I desperately miss it! I don't like relying on other people to do simple things, would rather do them myself.

For PvP though, that's a different story. Wyvern Sting and Scatter Shot are viable alternatives, also on trash mobs.

The only REAL problem is bosses that have multiple things to interrupt when you have kind of an awkward group composition. (This, I think, is why Blizzard took away Mending Flesh from the first boss of H:SFK)

I'm beginning to get fed up with people thinking that Fear, Death Coil, Shadowfury, Seduce, etc are interrupts... have you tried interrupting a boss with any of them? Sorry to blow your mind, but it doesn't work ¬_¬

The only "interrupt" we have, is to have our Felhunter out, and use it's 24s cd... in other words, not viable for Destro/Demo locks.

I'm not demanding an interrupt, since we get by just fine, but it would be nice. Maybe add an interrupt to Chaos Bolt? It's got a long cd, and it's an end tree talent that's a bit lackluster still imo. Just an idea though...
    "Knowledge talks, Wisdom listens."

RIFT: Shard= Whitefall EU, Character= Lathiel, Class= Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Tinno View Post
    That chart is fail though, you cannot fear undeads, it's impossible, this accounts for all types of fear. you never have been able to fear undeads, in the start of the life of WoW you weren't even able to fear the playable race undeads, however that was changed to balance out the races.
    Not true. The undead in HoO are fearable.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaell View Post
    I wouldn't mind having that utility for bosses since trying to interrupt a boss with Shadowfury, Deathcoil, Spell Lock and Fear etc on a Raid or Dungeon boss etc isn't going to work unless under special circumstances, like spell lock on Iron Council or Fearing the Lion in Kara Opera.
    why does spell lock only work under certain circumstances, it's a spell interrupt that can be bound easily and simply requires a "pet class" to have a certain pet to get a certain utility...

Use Singe magic with your imp to dispel Pain and suffering saving other interrupts for mend flesh and stay of execution

Or just ask your healer to dispel it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrcus View Post
    It's called fear dumbass.
    While fear can be used to inturrupt a cast, it is not an inturrupt. With that logic any form of CC is an inturrupt, which is not the case.

OT, I would like to see Curse of Tongues be changed to a 3 or 4 second silence instead of a reduce in casting speed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Spell Lock? Shadowfury? Death Coil? Fear? Seduction? Axe Toss?
    Fatality!
    ---
    So to those asking for buffs in the form of clone-mechanics, I give you the dreaded L2P (also known as check your spellbook, get into fights, and test everything out).
    Be creative when begging!
    Why would you want to become even more like mages?
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2011-01-14 at 03:41 AM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?