Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Best part about being a rogue is that there are so few rogues to be seen that every rogue is a "Rogue master". I am the best rogue in the world and i will pay you for having this as a sig..

If you are switching from a warrior go combat spec for the easiest transition until you get used to the energy system. Combat is the closest to warrior that you can get out of the rogue specs since you generate energy faster, don't focus on stealth as much and combat potency is kind of like rage generation. When you get used to the class a bit more it will feel more comfortable switching.

10+ Year Old Account
    I made a goblin rogue first day of the expansion. He is level 66 now and I'm having a blast.

10+ Year Old Account
    I.. love.. rogues.. Really, the class I've enjoyed more so far in Wow during all these years.
    The big points I think are:
    - Stealth: Best thing ever for too many things. Be patient and have stealth.. a big world of possibilities.
    - Energy: No drinking. An ever-replenishing resource to use.
    - Game Speed: 1 second GCD. It's just better, you push more keys (or feel like it), try to do more things, it's the frenesy of playing a rogue. I feel the game is so slow when I go back to my alts.
    - Jumping: You want to jump from high places and don't die. Similar as before, I tend to kill my alts jumping in some places I'm too used to.
    - On my own: No pets. No additional resources. No totems. Not real buffs (despite de poison world). It feels like playing a rogue could be simplier, but it just lets you forget about everything else and focus on improving yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by KpEMuKoBcu View Post
    Everyone and their grandma has a rogue.
    I have never played one. Though I started thinking about rolling a female dwarf rogue. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by WOWKings View Post
    Hey Guys,

I just started a Goblin Rogue but was a bit like meh...

I wanted to try the class cause I like the idea of not taking on a shed load of mobs and being able to sneak in and grab xyz to complete the quest - however having played for all of an hour I am a bit underwhelmed.

Before I get over level 10 - your thoughts on Rogues and any other classes you think I should try?
    Yes....................

my main is a rogue right

Been playing him as my main since i started.

Quote Originally Posted by WOWKings View Post
    They play so differently - with my Warrior I can just run in, with a Rogue I have to think a bit more - and when I think my head hurts
    Warrior is all like: "Hay i has big weponz and ai run to that guy there and hit him with it"
    Rogues are more: "Okay, what is his weak spot? hmm maybe get behind him and stab him in the back, yea that'll do it!"

Rogues are more about doing the right ability at the right time. warriors just smash the opponets face until he/she is dead

10+ Year Old Account
    I still actively play my rogue, however, changed main to a healing priest for raiding availability reasons.

Oh btw, rogue is a class that you must love and like, and will only show what it can truly offer at max level. Levelling as a rogue is kind of mehish.
    Last edited by Evolixe; 2011-01-20 at 09:39 AM.

Deleted
    rogue since end of vanilla

While i did enjoy playing a rogue for a while (actually also playing the ROGUE part of it, heaviliy using pickpocket and skilling lockpick), ultimately i always felt that there is no real incentive to play (or play together with) that class.

What does the class bring that others don't?
    Stealth? Take a feral druid instead, that one can also (off)tank if necessary. Or switch to his dual spec after stealthing and heal/range DPS.
    Good melee DPS? You get an endless list of competitors which ALL can offspec into another useful role if necessary. Also ranged DPS seems more desirable lately.
    Locks? You've got BS/engineers, also not as many important locked chests as we used to have, it seems.

I can see a small niche in PvP, but that hardly seems justification enough to roll a rogue for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Was a Warlock from vanilla through most of BC; I dabbled around as a Rogue on an alt a bit at 70, then ended up Rogue for post-Naxx progression during WotlK. Doing 18k DPS with the 30% ICC buff and not even having to manage Rupture as Mutilate really killed it for me so I thought I was going back to Warlock again for Cata, and now here I am on my Rogue again. It really is a fun class to play, and I wish I'd went Rogue when I started playing.

Deleted
    I play a rogue as my main for nearly two years now and although other classes are also fun, I don't want to raid or do my achievements and stuff on another character.
    Now with the expansion I used the chance and started leveling a worgen druid on a friend's server (my main is Horde) and I have to say I see a damn lot of worgen rogues being leveled at the moment (must have something to do with th racial I guess ^^). On my main server there are enough level 85 rogues, but I think that's mostly because there were always many, many rogues. Sometimes you wouldn't get into 25man pug-raids because they already had like 5 rogues or something. It's the third most played class after dks and pallys over here, so no, I can't say there aren't any rogues around any more ^^