Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #61
    High Overlord Passive Apathy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lurking in a thread near you.
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by Feress View Post
    First mages and hunters, now everyone else? Everyone wants a piece of our spell, a shaman spell. Oh btw Id love to wear plate and have charge, but Im a shaman so that wont happen, and neither will you getting bloodlust.
    I'm getting the feeling you're slightly biased, it does not matter what content you're playing in, Bloodlust has been considered by many, a required raid buff... Going so far as to take a terrible shaman just to get the buff in the past, Many people consider doing a boss fight without it the difference between a spoon and a shovel. Just like Blessing of Kings used to be, Many people feel bloodlust is a required raid buff just because of the difference between having it or not, and as such, players have taken bad players for this required buff in PUG's and such. Bring a roll that is both required to finish current content and provide that buff people can't live without would open many doors as far as group setup is concerned. Complaining about having one of your fight-altering buffs removed from you but given to a class and spec that will always be there is a bit selfish IMO. Playing this "It's my toy and I'm not gonna share" card is childish.


    EDIT: Also, comparing shamans gaining the ability to wear plate armor and charge is compairing apples to oranges, bumping up from mail to plate and gaining a gap closer with a stun has PvP ramifications, As Bloodlust has been removed from ranked matches, it does not cause balance issues.
    Last edited by Passive Apathy; 2011-01-13 at 10:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaxis View Post
    The Forsaken are attacking them in Cataclysm, and the high elves are like NOES DIE EVIL WRETCHES but the Forsaken will probably lol and be like, "lulz here have some plague" or something. Since that's the theme of the expansion.
    I'd tap that node... with my pick.

  2. #62
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    TN, US
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by anywherenotes View Post
    ... even though it enhances healing, I doubt anyone's using bloodlust/hero for that reason...
    I was able to solo heal half of Malygos phase 1 in t8 gear because of bloodlust and only because of bloodlust.

  3. #63
    Keyboard Turner Aurumbellus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by mrinvisable2 View Post
    Remove hero form mages and hunters (c) Shaman
    I like my Time Warp thank you very much and I'm keeping it.

  4. #64
    While your at it, give Shamans Bubble please and lay on hands, oh and can we have mirror image and blink to please?

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Passive Apathy View Post
    I'm getting the feeling you're slightly biased, it does not matter what content you're playing in, Bloodlust has been considered by many players as a required raid buff... Going so far as to take a terrible shaman just to get the buff in the past, Many people consider doing a boss fight without it the difference between a spoon and a shovel. Just like Blessing of Kings used to be, Many people feel bloodlust is a required raid buff just because of the difference between having it or not, and as such, players have taken bad players for this required buff in PUG's and such. Bring a roll that is both required to finish current content and provide that buff people can't live without would open many doors as far as group setup is concerned. Complaining about having one of your fight-altering buffs removed from you but given to a class and spec that will always be there is a bit selfish IMO. Playing this "It's my toy and I'm not gonna share" card is childish.
    I have a prot warrior and an elemental shaman, and I can tell you right now Im never short of decent mages or shamans who are obviously willing to provide their buffs to my group. If Blizzard had the same mentality you do, Im sure every class, would have every buff, which would take away alot of that class's identity.

    Just because you'd love our buff doesn't mean you need it. Honestly how often have you found yourself in a raid In Cataclysm so far that doesn't have a single shaman, mage or BM hunter in it? Guessing that number wasn't very high.

    Quote Originally Posted by Relent View Post
    While your at it, give Shamans Bubble please and lay on hands, oh and can we have mirror image and blink to please?
    This haha

  6. #66
    Bloodsail Admiral Magellanmini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Fanatic's Tower
    Posts
    1,019
    Thing is though why would a tank need it? only for haste better for heals and dps rather than tanks imo
    Quote Originally Posted by Draenei View Post
    This sound like similar problem I faced on Exodar. You should consult O'ros. O'ros know best for you. Female is tricky subject.

  7. #67
    I like mages having time warp. Not because I am a mage but everytime I am raiding a mage pops up Time Warp I just have to sing that song from the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

    Let's do the Time Warp again

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by gogozmeq View Post
    It might look like a suggestion for a change, however I'm pretty sure it is unlikely to ever happen so I'd just like to see your thoughts on this.

    Why to give it to tanks? - well its all-know fact thats with Cata Blizzard brought in the idea of bring the player not the class so they gave hero to Mages and Hunters, however it's not impossible one of the classes to be lacking from the set-up, but there will always be a tank and a healer, so If either tanks/healers had Heroism instead of the 3 dps classes that have it now it would be better imo. I might be biased playing a tank myself and that's why I propose tanks but not healers, however it also suits the idea behind the tank better, yea fearless reckless frontline warriors(or paladins, druids, DKs ;pp), that at point can fanaticize his party, to turn the tide of a battle!
    Heroism/Bloodlust is NOT a "required" raid buff.

    Its nice, but I have done every raid instance in the game without it. Therefor it's not required.

    Sooooo if a mage/hunter/shaman happens to not be present in my raid... No big deal.

  9. #69
    Give EVERYTHING to EVERYONE!

  10. #70
    High Overlord Passive Apathy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lurking in a thread near you.
    Posts
    130
    I'm not talking about the times when there is a Mage/Shaman/BM Hunter in a group, I'm talking about when there isn't one that can do comparable, consistant damage/healing compared to another player who can, and lacks the buff. Bloodlust has never been a personal buff in content that mattered, It's not a buff to anybody because EVERYONE gets the benifit. Also, I haven't played WoW in over 3 months. That does not mean I haven't kept current with what changes are going on and what I personally have to do, And while my experence with group make-up is not up to date, I do remember in the past where there was not a shaman in the raid and we didn't get a clean kill or even didn't down the boss. Allowing tanks to be the sole owners of Bloodlust means ANY group makeup will have the buff.


    Also, Blizzard's intend with their "Take the player, not the class" Was to not punish players for not having that one specific "God Mode" buff, Hence why they simplified buffs and made them like other similar buffs, so now Druid's can give kings when there isn't a paladin avalable and not be punished for it instead of missing out on a crucial buff. I feel the same way, because it pushes players away from taking that one spec for that game-breaking buff, to taking anyone who can hold their weight. The whole purpose of it is to allow for more (relaxed) group make up and allow players to take whoever they like and not be missing out.
    Last edited by Passive Apathy; 2011-01-13 at 10:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaxis View Post
    The Forsaken are attacking them in Cataclysm, and the high elves are like NOES DIE EVIL WRETCHES but the Forsaken will probably lol and be like, "lulz here have some plague" or something. Since that's the theme of the expansion.
    I'd tap that node... with my pick.

  11. #71
    erm noob question what is the ability called for hunter bloodlust?

  12. #72
    High Overlord Passive Apathy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lurking in a thread near you.
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by Supafly87 View Post
    erm noob question what is the ability called for hunter bloodlust?
    It's Ancient Hysteria. An ablilty used by Core Hounds, Only tameable by BM Hunters because it's an Exotic beast.

    ---------- Post added 2011-01-13 at 10:52 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    Heroism/Bloodlust is NOT a "required" raid buff.

    Its nice, but I have done every raid instance in the game without it. Therefor it's not required.

    Sooooo if a mage/hunter/shaman happens to not be present in my raid... No big deal.
    No buff has ever been a required buff, there could be zero buffs and people would still manage to down bosses, the argument is many players feel gimped when those small (but noticable) boosts to their abilities are missing. But NOT having it could make the difference between a whipe and a kill if they had had it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaxis View Post
    The Forsaken are attacking them in Cataclysm, and the high elves are like NOES DIE EVIL WRETCHES but the Forsaken will probably lol and be like, "lulz here have some plague" or something. Since that's the theme of the expansion.
    I'd tap that node... with my pick.

  13. #73
    Add every class ability of every class to every other class. There. Everybody's happy or at least equally unhappy, which means they are all at the same happiness, which is happy, which is good.

    /thread

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazertrooper View Post
    Add every class ability of every class to every other class. There. Everybody's happy or at least equally unhappy, which means they are all at the same happiness, which is happy, which is good.

    /thread
    You, sir, did not get my point at ALL, just like most of the people here.

    Now I see it was no good posting my idea in the first place, thanks.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Passive Apathy View Post
    I'm not talking about the times when there is a Mage/Shaman/BM Hunter in a group, I'm talking about when there isn't one that can do comparable, consistant damage/healing compared to another player who can, and lacks the buff. Bloodlust has never been a personal buff in content that mattered, It's not a buff to anybody because EVERYONE gets the benifit. Also, I haven't played WoW in over 3 months. That does not mean I haven't kept current with what changes are going on and what I personally have to do, And while my experence with group make-up is not up to date, I do remember in the past where there was not a shaman in the raid and we didn't get a clean kill or even didn't down the boss. Allowing tanks to be the sole owners of Bloodlust means ANY group makeup will have the buff.


    Also, Blizzard's intend with their "Take the player, not the class" Was to not punish players for not having that one specific "God Mode" buff, Hence why they simplified buffs and made them like other similar buffs, so now Druid's can give kings when there isn't a paladin avalable and not be punished for it instead of missing out on a crucial buff. I feel the same way, because it pushes players away from taking that one spec for that game-breaking buff, to taking anyone who can hold their weight. The whole purpose of it is to allow for more (relaxed) group make up and allow players to take whoever they like and not be missing out.
    Your argument is in valid until they start giving every class, every buff, which they well never do, because everyone would quit.

  16. #76
    I don't think this is a good idea. Giving BL to mages was bad enough of an idea. Think about that, you got a level 70 shaman ability for your 85 ability. And it would just be more rendering down of the classes.

  17. #77
    This wouldn't really change that much, would it? Unless you gave it to Warriors, Death Knights, Druids and Paladins, then you are just as likely not to have any class that can cast it as you are now. If you give it to Death Knights it wouldn't make much of a difference if your guild has a Druid and Paladin tank, for example.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

  18. #78
    The Patient Stockli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Devon>Plymouth>Modbury
    Posts
    255
    Hmm, i like that not only shammys can do hero, would be nice for paladins to get hero aswell

    Although we can't get buffed bliz will have withdraw without nerfing us
    Stockli = Me
    Bladefist = Home

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I think this is a ridiculous claim, and it is repeated so often.
    There are so many things setting apart shamans from other classes that one buff shouldn't cause so much drama.
    You've got totems. You've got weapon enchants. You've got ghost wolf. You've got Shock and Shield spells. You've got Chain Lightning and Chain Heal. You've got summoned fire and earth elementals.

    Do mages cry because warlock pets can give arcane brilliance?
    Do hunters cry because mages and death knights have pets?
    Do rogues cry because shamans, warriors and death knights dual wield?

    No.
    Shut up.

    Totems LOL, they gave totems to every freaking class

    Weapon imbues? Yeah they are a nice buff, but they are the only thing that lets us compete in the DPS realm, take away flametongue from ele and they would be far below tanks. Take away Windfury and no one would bring enhance, since all of their buffs have been given away since wrath.

    Ghost wolf? Whats that good for? Running back thru the instance after a wipe, CHECK.

    Shocks and Shield spells? Yeah they are nice, but again, the rest of the talents and abilities are structured so that if we dont use them correctly we fail.

    Chain lighting / Heal. You do know that chainheal was nerfed into the ground right? Lightning is just a cleave, lets take away warrior cleaves, blizzard, fan of knives, "pally cleave that escapes me atm" you see where I am going with that right?

    Elementals, yeah they are nice now that they are on a 10 min cooldown, can't be used in arena, can't be used one after the other "cooldown after popping one before you can use the other"


    The only reason shaman were in PvP back in the first 4 seasons of arena was to pop heroism then shamanistic rage and try to be a focus target for 15 sec while everyone else tried to kill off people. Heroism / Bloodlust is a SHAMAN ability, tanks need something, but not my group buff, everything else I had has been given away.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneleg View Post
    Totems LOL, they gave totems to every freaking class

    Weapon imbues? Yeah they are a nice buff, but they are the only thing that lets us compete in the DPS realm, take away flametongue from ele and they would be far below tanks. Take away Windfury and no one would bring enhance, since all of their buffs have been given away since wrath.

    Ghost wolf? Whats that good for? Running back thru the instance after a wipe, CHECK.

    Shocks and Shield spells? Yeah they are nice, but again, the rest of the talents and abilities are structured so that if we dont use them correctly we fail.

    Chain lighting / Heal. You do know that chainheal was nerfed into the ground right? Lightning is just a cleave, lets take away warrior cleaves, blizzard, fan of knives, "pally cleave that escapes me atm" you see where I am going with that right?

    Elementals, yeah they are nice now that they are on a 10 min cooldown, can't be used in arena, can't be used one after the other "cooldown after popping one before you can use the other"


    The only reason shaman were in PvP back in the first 4 seasons of arena was to pop heroism then shamanistic rage and try to be a focus target for 15 sec while everyone else tried to kill off people. Heroism / Bloodlust is a SHAMAN ability, tanks need something, but not my group buff, everything else I had has been given away.
    Sadly this, and even Bloodlust has been given away. I understand that there has to be redundancy in buffs but stop trying to trivialize shaman's buffs, if more than 50% of classes can give the same buffs we do, then with our dps being lower than pure dpsers we will never get in a group. Not to mention when I chose a shaman I never expected to every class have the same thing I do, while I don't get anything like them.

    I would prefer to see Bloodlust and similar buffs be scraped entirely from game than to see our best move in WC3 be trivialized this way.
    Last edited by esmifra; 2011-01-14 at 12:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oradraffe View Post
    MoP is not happening i can promise that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tric619 View Post
    Been playing since week 1 and still believe Mop is the next expac? >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Feyrzhuk View Post
    MoP will never be a WoW expansion. Feel free to flame and ridicule me should I be proven wrong.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •