Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    You can get onto the platform before the add starts casting. I know this because I'm blood for the fight and interrupt the first cast with a strangulate, but I've done it with a mind freeze before. Another thing to note: You can actually target the Chromatic Prototype before it's on the platform. Use a /target macro as nef is taking off, and as long as you're near your platform it will target the right add. Helps a little with the ranged interrupts. That being said, you can just target them as they drop down. After they drop, they wait a few seconds before casting.

Solar beam only works if you drop it during the cast. It has an interrupt component to it, but the adds are not silenceable.

Interrupting the adds is no longer an issue. We now have 4-5 seconds to get onto the platform before the adds begin casting. There was obviously something wrong with the encounter last night, but a soft reset seems to have resolved it.

15+ Year Old Account

Some of you guys remind me of the taiwanese customer service reps from my ISP

Our guild is also experiencing this "BUG". Myself and the other ranged are getting recorded interupts on each and every attempt and 1/2 of the time the first blast nova is still being cast even though their cast bar disappears when our interrupt is cast. Some of the time we are fast enough to get on the platform and cast and the other time I am casting from the lava. I have hit counter spell when the cast was only 20% it's duration, the cast bar disappeared and the cast still went off.

For all of you idiots claiming LOS, or latency or us looking at overall recount (LMAO), that is not the issue. It's safe to say this mechanic needs some better coding.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireslave View Post
    On a side note the fight is much easier on 25, i know your doing 10man but if you are a 25man guild trying 10 first dont
    To each his own I guess.
    I've done it with 25 and with a 10 man raid. And I've found it to be slightly easier on 10 man due to kiting in ph3 being more forgiving.

Deleted
    Indeed phase 2 was bugged last night , adds were casting nova before players were available to reach top of platform and could use interrupts properly. Soft reset instance should help fix the bug.

just a tip.. if ppl are having issues getting to the mob too slow. turn off "water collisions" (interface>camera), stand 1-2 feet away from the platform, let the lava go past ur head and swim with it as it rises. should give u a better shot at getting on the pillars fast enough. its almost impossible to get that first interrupt if u miss the first jump up lol :P . we have our resto shaman interrupt the first and our dk says he can interrupt them from the lava. just try to get as many layers of redundancy on each platform for the first one.

Luckily our off tank got up the first jump everytime for my pillar <3 lol

forgot to say, combat logs and recount will say it was interrupted. but it NEEDS to b ~1/2 way done casted. it constantly "missed" 3/4 through the cast or more.

It sure is nice to see that someone else was having the same exact issues that our guild was having. It seemed like no matter what we did, we could not interrupt the adds cast. This "BUG" makes this encounter impossible. We will probably make more attempts on Nef tonight and if the issue happens we will try the soft reset as suggested above.

Abyssian,
    Thanks for coming back and posting your experience after the soft reset. You have given us hope in taking down this encounter after all. We were pretty discouraged after last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssian View Post
    So..you're saying that our 3 ranged interrupts all missed the cast despite being focused on nothing but interrupting the adds the second they were within line of sight? I find that hard to believe, especially considering on 2 of the platforms we had melee interrupts that were absolutely sure beyond a shadow of a doubt that they used their interrupt before the cast was even half finished and it still went off.

I'm even more skeptical considering we were executing phase 1 flawlessly only to be absolutely massacred before 80% of our raid could even get out of the lava.
    As a mage, I make sure to hit the first interupt on my platform as we go through the lava transition. I have never had a problem doing this in the many, many times I have done it. The exception is one time where I actually counter-spelled too early. But, ontopic. Mages should have 0 problems hitting the interrupt, unless they run with some god awful latency and bad fps.