Deleted

Heroic boss mechanics

Hello folks.

Is it just me that think some heroic boss mechanics are really not that well designed. Just on top of my mind i can recall two instances where we simply could not continue the instance because of the boss mechanics. It wasnt because we didnt know the fight, it was because we didnt have what was nessesary to complete it.

Example 1; First boss in heroic SFK, Setup was Paladin tank, Fereal druid dps (skullbash wasnt specced), Hunter (No interupt), Boomkin (Interupt wasnt specced), and a holydin.

We simply didnt have enough interupts to manage the boss. We quickly realized this thou before even getting to him, so we excited the dungeon and waited untill we could re-sign.

Example 2; First boss heroic Stonecore, Warrior tank, Rogue Dps, enhance shaman dps, warrior dps and resto shaman.

This was not impossible thou, managed with some nice Fan of knives kiting and shockwave from warrior tank. But still, i dont think mechanics like these are fit for a 5man dungeon system, where you easilly can miss out on something important.
    im pretty sure theres more, anyone else of you got similar stories to share?

Skull bash isn't a talent you spec for, you spec to reduce it's CD. You learn it from a trainer. If the feral druid didn't have it learned he is probably a baddie.

Even then he still has Maim, has to use a combo point for it, but it works.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Your first example is sad. Honestly in a group with 2 possible interrupts that weren't spec'ed... that is a total failure on the part of the DPS. The good news with the patch, all paly's get rebuke, so one more interrupt but in this content not specc'ing for an interrupt as much as CC is needed is stupid.

The second example in my opinion was a success story. If you had an odd comp, you thought out of the box, and used skills many people could have over looked, and killed the boss. This is the exact thinking of blizz on more challenging content.

I did experience what I think you were getting at in a heroic vortex pinnacle recent. I queued with my mage friend, I am also a mage. The LFD paired us with a third mage, and a paly tank and healer. We had no CC that would work on the groups of elementals. That was an interesting run.

First of all, the first boss in SFK is getting nerfed, but even if some of the interrupts were by some chance all spec specific, it's more of a failure on the players fault then blizz's.

The second boss, I've managed, admittedly barely, to kill despite have a similar setup.

Are you sure you just aren't giving up too soon?

Deleted
    Thanks for the replys.

Dont get me wrong guys, its not that we have a problem with heroics. I do most of em with my guild and we just fly trough em. Its just that i feel some Mechanics are not that well tested perhaps.
    it feels like sometimes it boils down so much to group setup. Some bosses really dont like ranged dps, and some bosses really dont like melee dps.
    Obviously it would be hard to balance every boss so they are equally as challenging for melee and ranged, without the encounters getting to similar.
    But i still feel like it shouldnt be a make or break point depending on group setup. If me and my 4 friends all play Paladins, we should be able to do that
    in all heroic dungeons. =P