So um....spellsteal?

So purge whas taken care of which was completely warranted.
    Is there a list of mage nerfs that havent been relased yet because blizzard is pretty bold when it comes to mages but to nerf purge and leave spellsteal i srsly doubt there that bold. so wheres the second list of mage nerfs

Spellsteal already removes only one effect at a time.

Way to come onto another class's forum and complain about a spell that needs to be changed...to what it always has been. GG.

15+ Year Old Account
    Expect a mana cost increase in the near future.

it is only natural to nerf spellsteal after the purge nerf. purge is pretty much spellsteal 0.25 right now

Deleted
    no need to nerf spellsteal now that most crucial buffs have been made undispelable,spellsteal is on par with all dispells now

It's fine as is.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am still pretty low on gear, so maybe that has a lot to do with it, but I find spellsteal to be rather ineffective. I 2v2 with an enhance shaman, and when it comes to any hots he is always purging, and i will spellsteal occasionally. The only thing that I will always grab is freedoms. and sometimes a lust.

YMMV, I am not the best mage around, or very geared so this might just be my experience

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos44 View Post
    no need to nerf spellsteal now that most crucial buffs have been made undispelable,spellsteal is on par with all dispells now
    This is how SS was taken care of. Which is actually taking a lot of fun factor from this ability. Also they removed bloodlust/heroism from arenas - even less fun spells to steal. In the end I bet they will change it into "Remove Magic" ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark View Post
    Expect a mana cost increase in the near future.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they added a cooldown honestly. In it's PVE useage there are rarely multiple buffs on an NPC which can all be spellstolen, so it wouldn't make much of a difference.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    WTB cooldown on it. Its far to powerful in arena.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aldar View Post
    So purge whas taken care of which was completely warranted.
    Is there a list of mage nerfs that havent been relased yet because blizzard is pretty bold when it comes to mages but to nerf purge and leave spellsteal i srsly doubt there that bold. so wheres the second list of mage nerfs
    Blizz told about nerfing Spellsteal, but i think it wont be more than a mana increase.

15+ Year Old Account
    there is literally nothing that people wont complain about in this game, theres no cooldown on any purge/dispell ability, why does spellsteal need to have one?

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    there is literally nothing that people wont complain about in this game, theres no cooldown on any purge/dispell ability, why does spellsteal need to have one?
    Because it is not simply a dispell/purge, you steal it, thus getting the advantage of the buff.

As a paladin prot or ret I can't do shit against a mage who steals my freedom, steals my wings, steals my softbubble, steals my own effing blessing, all the time when I am trying to catch up to a blinking, stunremoving snaring fotm.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boroher View Post
    Because it is not simply a dispell/purge, you steal it, thus getting the advantage of the buff.

As a paladin prot or ret I can't do shit against a mage who steals my freedom, steals my wings, steals my softbubble, steals my own effing blessing, all the time when I am trying to catch up to a blinking, stunremoving snaring fotm.
    so to make things better for u, u want us to waste 6k mana to steal an ability that is completely useless to us and not at all what we wanted to steal in the first place and then have to wait 15-20secs to TRY to steal something else? no that sounds completely retarded to me, when anyone with a dispell can spam u until the spell they actually want to dispell is gone. Also prot paladins are completely fcking op so get over it. I also find it funny how a class that has represented such a huge percentage of pvp since its birth can be called fotm...
    Last edited by gutnbrg; 2011-01-14 at 12:16 PM.

i don't see them adding a cd to it because of the fact that you can cast it on targets that have no buffs to steal. Maybe a mana increase, but that is still doubtful.