Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Bleed nerfs were needed.
    Berserk nerf I disagree with but I could live with it.
    Shapeshift nerf is the most retarded change blizzard has ever come up with.
    Might aswell remove bubble, charge, frost nova and vanish while their at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    It's less about "oh noes we cat brak roots" and more like "wtf we've been doing this for six years, SIX YEARS, and now suddenly it's OP? Now you want to take it from us? We're fucking druids. We fucking shift out of shit."

If they take shifting out of roots from druids, I'm not going to feel like a druid. Oh, sure, I have my goofy moonkin form and my bear mount form, but if I can't shift out of roots, I'm not gonna feel like a druid.

Other classes are like "YEAH WELL THEY TOOK OUR <REMOVING ROOTS ABILITY> TOO" but they had it for, what, a year? two years? I've been shifting out of shit before most of you people even started playing this game. I'm a druid. I shift out of shit. I'm a mobility class. Not being able to shift out of roots completely removes that aspect of my class and playstyle.

It feels like I overheard my parents are getting a divorce and it's all my fault and they want to put me up for adoption. A core part of my identity is being removed.
    Guess what shamans have been doing for 6 years?

Dropping tremor totems and purging and now its OP? Guess who whined and bitched about purge, druids. You get no sympathy furbags.

User was infracted for this post
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2011-01-13 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spiny View Post
    Arguments like "we've been doing it for 6 years" and "i no longer feel like a druid" are pretty illogical.

I understand being upset about the nerf. Nerfs suck. They really do, and this one hits home especially hard. But please try to see the situation for what it is: A new expansion, new spells and abilities, and blizzard trying to balance 30 class specs against one another in 3v3, 2v2, 5v5, and 10v10 combat.

Really take some time and try to wrap your heads around that. I know I cant.

Underneath it though, is the basic fact that this is a nerf, and druids are unhappy about it. I get that. But it doesn't change the fact that it was broken. It takes no skill, no resources, and has no diminishing returns or cooldown other than the GCD. So yea, keep arguing about how totally fair and balanced it is.

Silver lining: With this change, Blizzard will be free to buff you in other areas to balance things out.
    Yeah Druids sure did get a lot of new spells come cataclysm. A tank aoe bleed, group run faster for 6 seconds, and mushrooms no on uses. Heck we didn't even get any new heals. Finally Druid cat DPS was buffed to be comparable rogue DPS and the QQ was rampant. Because players were not used to dealing with druids doing dps.

It was far far from broken. It was working as intended for the last 6 years. Now all the sudden out of nowhere it is broken? Seriously, there is nothing broken about it. GCD keeps you from using anything else in that time. So yes GCD balances it out.

Yeah I can see Blizzard buffing Druids now. We have no where to go but up.

Quote Originally Posted by Turaz View Post
    Yes I am serious, I play the class and the last time I played it was last night. If you were a tree you would shift into TRAVEL form not caster form, if you wanted caster form you would cast a SPELL that would put you into caster form. You don't know how to play a druid or are any good at playing one or you would realize this. When you cancel an effect you are not plagued with a GCD, but shifting into a form requires a GCD. You never shift into caster form by itself, you would cast a spell that would automatically shift you into caster form. You don't dispell a slow either which further proves you don't know what a druid is.

if u are in catform and u get a slow effect what u do is press the button of ur catform again and u get out of catform WITHOUT GCD, and u lose the slow effect, then u press the catform button once more and THEN it consumes a GCD.

now what i have noticed is that i was talking about what u do when ur feral, and it looks like u were talking what a druid does when he is resto, so i dont know if the same thing happens to resto druids.

and i know for a fact what i say is true b/c i do it everytime to get out of roots rly fast, i just press 2 times rly fast the catform button to dispell the slow effect and get back into battle asap and it works everytime.

Deleted
    Q_Q

Good nerf.

User was infracted for this post
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2011-01-17 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karakkonor View Post
    Overpowered for one year or for six, what does it matter? Hunters STILL have a minimum range after all these years.
    It's not about being overpowered or not. It's about a core feature of a class being butchered just to please the masses. It would be like they made rogues unable to stealth, removed totems from shamans or made warriors wear cloth armour.

Birds fly, the Earth spins and Druids shapeshift.

Quote Originally Posted by Asteh View Post
    They are still not removing shapeshitfs.
    Yet they make it a husk, hollow shell. Nothing left but a cosmetic feature, adding very little gameplay. They would be better of removing it instead.
    Last edited by Jukaï; 2011-01-13 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukaï View Post
    It's not about being overpowered or not. It's about a core feature of a class being butchered just to please the masses. It would be like they removed stealth from rogues or made warriors wear cloth armour.
    They are still not removing shapeshitfs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert View Post
    If the Shapeshift nerf goes live I'm rerolling for sure.
    Such an awesome picture. :]

Its funny how we have had this for 6 years and now all of a sudden it needs to get fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    It's less about "oh noes we cat brak roots" and more like "wtf we've been doing this for six years, SIX YEARS, and now suddenly it's OP? Now you want to take it from us? We're fucking druids. We fucking shift out of shit."

If they take shifting out of roots from druids, I'm not going to feel like a druid. Oh, sure, I have my goofy moonkin form and my bear mount form, but if I can't shift out of roots, I'm not gonna feel like a druid.

Other classes are like "YEAH WELL THEY TOOK OUR REMOVING ROOTS ABILITY TOO" but they had it for, what, a year? two years? I've been shifting out of shit before most of you people even started playing this game. I'm a druid. I shift out of shit. I'm a mobility class. Not being able to shift out of roots completely removes that aspect of my class and playstyle.

It feels like I overheard my parents are getting a divorce and it's all my fault and they want to put me up for adoption. A core part of my identity is being removed.
    Talk about being overly-dramatic. The idea that, because you have been doing something that has always been considered OP for six years rather than just one year is flawed. It's the first "serious" pvp nerf you've had to deal with in ages, where every other class seems to get nerfed into oblivion every patch. And I thought mages complained too much...

And lol at "I'm a mobility class!". Isn't every melee class a "mobility" class?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalavita View Post
    Druids might have had root breaks for six years, but the game has changed a lot in that time. People had more spammable snares for instance, druids didn't have instant cyclones or roots.

with the amount of damage and especially burst that cats are supposed to bring on the table now combined with their CC, you can't keep their mobility up 100% of the time. They weren't even peelable by a lot of classes simply because of their mobilty.

The root immunity removal at least makes them somewhat controllable.

What are you on about more spammable snares? If anything, the amount of snares and roots has increased on everybody.

They weren't even peelable by a lot of classes simply because of their mobilty.
    They were doing it wrong. Nearly every class brings something to peel a feral of the healer.

With the berserk nerf (which was actually justified by telling us its because ''we were too hard to cc'' even though we had berserk for over 2 years without any1 qqing about it) adding this is just TOO much. Period.

If anything, make it so that restos can indeed be rooted (and boomkins, they are ranged after all), since they can dispell if they like.

All melee classes have ways to get out of roots; THEY ARE MELEE CLASSES, they are supposed to be in some1s face.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwnpaw View Post
    Its funny how we have had this for 6 years and now all of a sudden it needs to get fixed.
    every healer hasn't had defensive dispel for 6 years

in the current state of the game it's op (yes i'm a mad disc priest)

Deleted
    Why are none of you GCD-jerking people mentioning the only damn correct way to break snares (formerly roots too - formerly *sniff*), i.e. the powershift macro?

#showtooltip
    /cancelaura (form)
    /cast (form)

Just don't press it mid-GCD, or only the first line will actually fire off.

On topic though, I don't get exactly what change brought on this sudden OP'ness of root-breaking shifts. I mean, health pools went up across the board, so if anything our bursty epic damage should be of lesser relative strength. Now I admit I don't PvP on a regular basis, but wasn't the bleed nerf (and accompanying Shred tweak) meant to put more pressure on actually having to actively use abilities to inflict damage (as opposed to "press Rip for bacon"), and weren't all the tweaks both large and small meant to balance out the fact that druids are mobile as hell?

Let's see, Druids allegedly caused too much damage for being so mobile and CC-immune. Let's nerf their damage, remove those immunities and hey presto! Druids now do appropriate damage for a very mobile class... only, we're not a very mobile class anymore, due to no Fear-breaker and no root-breaker.

And yes, I fully and wholeheartedly believe that this violates our core identity as Druids. Second only to, what, Hunter Focus in magnitude of change, from my perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Naix View Post
    If these changes go live, and they look like they are, then why do Druids even have forms anymore? We will be the worst part of every other class with no defining core mechanic. Mobility is THE strength a druid has that really defines what a druid is. Being mobile is our biggest asset as a druid. It's what makes a druid a druid. Other classes cry that they don't have this mechanic so they QQ on the forums to Blizzard. Instead of learning how to deal with a druid in PVP. They want all classes to be the same boring rehash that has little differences.
    Well for one, not being able to get out of roots with 1 global is not a core mechanic of a druid, the forms are. You are posting about them taking away the core mechanics and it looks to me like you are trying to give them away since you lost something that is not really needed. I love my druid to be honest but I am not losing sleep over this.

Quote Originally Posted by moscapt View Post
    if u are in catform and u get a slow effect what u do is press the button of ur catform again and u get out of catform WITHOUT GCD, and u lose the slow effect, then u press the catform button once more and THEN it consumes a GCD.

now what i have noticed is that i was talking about what u do when ur feral, and it looks like u were talking what a druid does when he is resto, so i dont know if the same thing happens to resto druids.

and i know for a fact what i say is true b/c i do it everytime to get out of roots rly fast, i just press 2 times rly fast the catform button to dispell the slow effect and get back into battle asap and it works everytime.
    I mentioned resto because if the nerf was called for anything, it would be because of resto. Resto shifting is the only excuse anyone would have for nerfing. Cat shifting is no worse than a dispelling class that dispels all roots, the problem is not snares. By some peoples logic(lollogic) you could go as crazy to say roots should not be dispellable, this was the Druids way of dispelling a root, if it didn't require a GCD to get back into form then it would be op.

Quote Originally Posted by Confessor Kahlan View Post
    "other classes QQ in the forums about not having this ability rather than learning how to deal with it" I'm afraid you can't deal with an ability that has broken pvp for a long time. Have you ever tried to kill a resto druid as a mage, or lock, or warrior, or Dk, or shaman... being effectively immune to any slows and roots made druid incredibly unbalanced in comparison to other classes. In wrath this was made worse by how rediculously they could heal without ever casting anything. This was fixed a bit when blizzard made druids hits a lot less potent, but they still shouldn't be immune to slows etc.
    Now the main point I want to make, and not just to the op, is that everyone is making such a big deal about them nerfing the ability to remove roots, when let's see, 2 classes, 3 if you count ele shaman even have roots. You can still remove slows which cripples a lot of the rest of classes.
    Edit: I forgot to mention, the fact the people consider druid mobility being the core idea behind the class shows that its broken. The core idea is the ability to change forms to fill different roles, not to be impossible to slow.
    /end
    No, only 2 classes DON'T have roots, (that being Rogues and Pallies). Perhaps you shouldn't speak until you've fact-checked a bit, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Jukaï View Post
    It's not about being overpowered or not. It's about a core feature of a class being butchered just to please the masses. It would be like they made rogues unable to stealth, removed totems from shamans or made warriors wear cloth armour.

Birds fly, the Earth spins and Druids shapeshift.
    Making you unable to shift between forms would have been a core mechanic butchering. Feral damage and casters unable to peel you was too much, most likely Frost mages will receive a root nerf to even out the playfield for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Naix View Post
    This also removes the core mechanic of a Druid class. Mobility around the battlefield.
    yeah druids are so skilled they get 30% speed while in cat (or was it less?) they can cacth up a healer trying to pillar him in arenas, and when the druid get's to him he makes a mangle and BAM he gets that debuff that slows the speed of the healer even more, and this wouldn't be so much of a super bother if it wasent for the retarded dmg the "kitteh" can put up on the healer, and if i try to dispell it (wich dispells costing this much is allmost better staying there tanking him) i will get cought up again and he will be atacking me and slowing me again in no fucking time.

so again if u want mobility u cant have, super high dmg, and instant shit out of ur ass whenever u want it ( yeah i know u need 5 combo points to make it 100% chance of occuring, but when ur harrasing this much the healer and ur uppping the combo points to fuck his partner or heal urself it make's you pretty op)

next stop: nerfing recuperate!

You can remove slows, you are not Polyable and Resto can even dispel a few things. Warrior got 1x bladestorm every 1,5min. I dont see what this is about tbh.

You cant have unlimited mobility and do the same dmg or more then other melee.
    Try fighting a frost mage as any other melee class then come back.