Question How to provide more utility as enhancement shaman?

Just wondering how I could be more helpful for the group in general. Here's what I already do:

Wind shear/Grounding totem caster mobs
    MW Healing Rain when heals are low (I don't do this one very often, but at least I know its an option)
    Earth Elemental when too many mobs are pulled

Is there anything I'm missing? I guess I could use elemental resistance totem, but so far I haven't really encountered many elementals.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

(I got kicked from a group partly because a Rogue could give more utility than me. How is that?)
    Nothing.

Hex, Bind elemental, Earthbind/frostshock, ability to off tank.... oh and purge.

15+ Year Old Account
    you have 2 cc, 2 snares, offensive dispel, defensive dispel, off-heals, interrupt, earth elemental for off-tanking, totems, BL/Hero... how can a rogue have more utility they have 1cc, 1 snare, interruput, md, no offensive dispel, no off-heals, no off-tanking, unless you count evasion tanking, but there is no extra threat gain from it.

besides the md i can not see what they have what you don't
    Last edited by Taurenburger; 2011-01-13 at 08:14 PM.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Yah, CC with Hex and bind elemental every pull you can. Hex is a great one for boss fights with adds.

Purge is another big one. As resto I forget to do this a lot but being enhance you have the boss/mob targeted anyway, and none of your abilities really have a cast time, no excuse not to purge everything that can be.

Having no cast time also means you should be using Cleanse Spirit before the healer even gets a chance to.

Tremor totem comes into play in a couple of heroics.

Emergency tank/kiting. Rockbiter + UA is a quick taunt to pick up the boss or get adds off a healer. You can easilly kite with Frostshock and earthbind.

Also, after a boss fight when people are standing around or in between pulls when not everyone is at at full hp use Healing Rain then, allows the healer to sit and drink instead of topping everyone off first.

Sounds like you got kicked for a guildy or friend of theirs. As stated above we bring tons of utility, more than any of class/spec imo

Oh yeah, I cleanse spirit any time I see it pop up on the Curse addon (Usually its on me though, haha)
    Nothing.

Right now it sounds like you're doing a great job providing a plethora of utility. As has already been stated though, definitely purge off those beneficial buffs from mobs (assuming you don't have a mage who steals them).

As far as elemental resistance goes, I personally glyph my HST to provide it as well. It really has nothing to do with elementals either. It helps you resist (or in the more recent change: reduce damage done by) damage from those elements of magic (i.e. reduce all fire damage by X%). This is a HUGE amount of damage reduction, especially when there's a lot of magic damage going around.

To be clear, should we always use Healing Rain over Chain Heal or another healing spell?
    Nothing.

CH will be a waste if you can't guarantee the spell will hit all 4 targets. HR ends up healing more targets for more than CH will (unless we're talking 5 mans or something)

I never ever Chain Heal. I stick to Healing Rain if we're taking any form of AoE damage, or I'll throw GHW to spot heal. I only do so if its necessary though.

15+ Year Old Account
    hex, bind elements, purge, windshear, insta heal if needed, wolfs taunt if tanks is geting to much presure, Healing stream totem glyph for resists, tremor if fear casts inc, grounding from time to time, earthbind when kiting mobs is involwer, shamanistic rage if big dmg inc to help healer a bit, in my case warstomp when needed
    Last edited by kosajk; 2011-01-13 at 09:48 PM.

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Deleted
    img3.imageshack.us/img3/1483/lolwhut.jpg
    This is the main reason I get spot in the raids.