Thumbs down Tol Barad is kinda lame

Is it me or does the random selection never select me. I haven't seen Tol Barad in PvP action since 2 weeks ago...... Makes "Victory in Tol Barad" kinda pointless, unless I'm missing the bigger picture on how this system is fair to everyone?

10+ Year Old Account
    I just sit outside the gate before the battle starts and I usually get in

but on my server I never win TB unless the horde is drunk,sleeping or being stupid sooo

To me, the Tol Barad battle itself is terrible. Tenacity is where it was and I think they should of kept it or at least incorporated it somehow. Only having a select amount of people in the place sucks... On my server there is more Horde and few alliance go to battle. So you see hundreds of Horde sitting there doing nothing.
    Last edited by Youarefired; 2011-01-13 at 11:07 PM.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are playing on a server that has a high ratio of Horde to Alliance players, (or vice versa), you will encounter this.
    This is because the sides must be equal. So for 30 Horde players to be in the battle, there must be at least 30 Alliance players.
    This is important, due to how Tol Barad works - if the sides were mismatched (but buffed with, say, Tenacity), the larger team would have a numbers advantage, and since nodes are transfered by a numerical victory, even with 20 stacks of Tenacity, a larger team would steamroll a smaller one.

A quick look at Blackrock US - your home server - shows that the Horde outnumbers the Alliance on an almost 3:1 basis. (2.9:1)
    The best thing you can do is encourage the other faction to grow on your server. This will lower the gap between Alliance and Horde, and ostensibly, more Alliance players will queue for Tol Barad, thus, more Horde players can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Servers will not handle sooo many players and TB will become new Winter-lag-rasp.
    English is not my mainspec!

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    If you are playing on a server that has a high ratio of Horde to Alliance players, (or vice versa), you will encounter this.
    This is because the sides must be equal. So for 30 Horde players to be in the battle, there must be at least 30 Alliance players.
    This is important, due to how Tol Barad works - if the sides were mismatched (but buffed with, say, Tenacity), the larger team would have a numbers advantage, and since nodes are transfered by a numerical victory, even with 20 stacks of Tenacity, a larger team would steamroll a smaller one.

A quick look at Blackrock US - your home server - shows that the Horde outnumbers the Alliance on an almost 3:1 basis. (2.9:1)
    The best thing you can do is encourage the other faction to grow on your server. This will lower the gap between Alliance and Horde, and ostensibly, more Alliance players will queue for Tol Barad, thus, more Horde players can.
    Yeah that why I don't like it though blackrock has been my home for ever now since and I just don't like the new system at all. so its pretty much leave home and find a low pop server which isnt fair either

Oh good lord... don't bring Tenacity back... It turned characters into raid bosses and allowed one person to completely outlast 40+...
    The past is gone, now is all there is.

Enjoy reading reviews on video games and other fun stuff? Check out my site Updated when I have time!
    http://snipersedge.blogspot.com

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by K7Sniper View Post
    Oh good lord... don't bring Tenacity back... It turned characters into raid bosses and allowed one person to completely outlast 40+...
    40 ppl must of bin lvl 1 or rlly sucked... 10+ tenacity didnt help a thing if you got 5 sec stun or silenced... 10 ppl killed you just as fast. one of one is ok.

Max Tenacity did completely change the game. Hell, even a group of 5 players with really high tenacity could easily completely wipe out entire crowds of players, and 1 healer with high tenacity would keep them alive regardless of how many opponents were thrown at them.
    The past is gone, now is all there is.

Enjoy reading reviews on video games and other fun stuff? Check out my site Updated when I have time!
    http://snipersedge.blogspot.com

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeOFth3HORDE View Post
    Yeah that why I don't like it though blackrock has been my home for ever now since and I just don't like the new system at all. so its pretty much leave home and find a low pop server which isnt fair either
    That isn't your only option, though.

Do what you can to encourage growth on the Alliance side.
    Blackrock is a PvP server. While I'm not saying you have ever done something like this, there is a common fear on PvP servers with a huge faction balance, of being ganked while leveling.

People reap what they sow, and the end result may in fact be a Tol Barad with few Alliance players, and so, few Horde players can actually attend.

Discouraging fellow players from doing such things may help - although at this point, the damage may already be done.
    Perhaps you'd consider a faction change yourself?