Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Pools of Fire in Hyjal nerfed

Must be a 'hotfix'... though in this case its a coldfix, because it leaves me COLD!!

Pools of Fire in Hyjal only yield 2-3 Volatile Fire then they despawn. Used to get 5-6 per. GD it Blizz!!

RNG is RNG, it's always been between 2 and 6 for me, hadn't changed when I was fishing there 3 hours ago, although the respawn rate seemed slower last night (Oceanic).

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've always gotten 5-6 per pool... since Cat came out, until tonight... so something has to be up. I can see it varying from pool to pool, but not that consistently.

Each Pool of Fire contains 2, 3 or 4 catches (average 3), each of which will be 1 or 2 Volatile Fire (average about 1.5). On average each Poll of Fire will yield 4.5 Volatile Fire. Each pool will take a minute to fish. Unfortunately 4.5 Volatile Fire per minute cannot be sustained, because there are only 4 pool spawning points at each location, and each pool takes 12-15 minutes to respawn. With one angler fishing, Pool of Fire fishing can sustain at least 1 Volatile Fire per minute.
    http://www.elsanglin.com/fishing_pool_of_fire.html

So between 2 and 8 per pool. I've fished here a LOT and it's what I've been seeing, would say that you were just having a bad RNG day and/or having great RNG previously.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    yeah... very very very bad RNG... 2 per pool, when its usually 5-6. I don't see it being RNG... I do think there was a nerf.

I thought there was a nerf as well, so i came here to check the forums. use get 2-4 catches, now i only get 2 every time.

I don't see any difference tbh.
    Used to be able to do 2-4 catches and I just tried, from 3 pools (fourth was done by someone else) Got 2 catches from the first one and 3 from the other 2, most of the catches were x2 so in total I got 13 Volatile Fire from 3 pools.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    my usual was 18-20 from 4 pools... once a day at least, since Cat started. Yesterday was the first day of only 2-3 per pool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by g01851 View Post
    Must be a 'hotfix'... though in this case its a coldfix, because it leaves me COLD!!

Pools of Fire in Hyjal only yield 2-3 Volatile Fire then they despawn. Used to get 5-6 per. GD it Blizz!!
    do be so quick to say something unannounced is nerfed. even if hyjal was nerfed, go over to Twilight highlands.

Here's my results (each line is a different pool, lucky enough to be farming alone):

2+2+1
    1+1+1
    2+2+2
    1+2+2+1
    1+2+2
    1+1
    2+1+1+2
    1+2+2
    2+2
    2+1
    2+1+2

So no sign of "nerf" from these figures.